klop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What is the best protein powder to take at work

I work long hours often times ten plus without being able to eat. I've been reading that whey is good to take just before or after a workout because it is absorbed and used up by the body quickly. So I'm guessing that wouldn't be a good choice for me when I'm working. I've read that casien stays in your system for hours. Would some type of casien powder be any better than just drinking a lot of milk? I get my milk for 1.99/gal. so it's cheaper, but is it just as effective?

Also what kind of negative effects do protein powders have on the body. For instance I've read that soy protein increases estrogen levels. Steroids decrease your body's own production of testosterone and shrink the testes. I don't want to take something that's going to make me hairy, change my voice, change my body's own production of hormones, or anything else that's permanant. I just want some sort of nutritional supplement.

US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by klop
    I work long hours often times ten plus without being able to eat. I've been reading that whey is good to take just before or after a workout because it is absorbed and used up by the body quickly. So I'm guessing that wouldn't be a good choice for me when I'm working. I've read that casien stays in your system for hours. Would some type of casien powder be any better than just drinking a lot of milk? I get my milk for 1.99/gal. so it's cheaper, but is it just as effective?

Also what kind of negative effects do protein powders have on the body. For instance I've read that soy protein increases estrogen levels. Steroids decrease your body's own production of testosterone and shrink the testes. I don't want to take something that's going to make me hairy, change my voice, change my body's own production of hormones, or anything else that's permanant. I just want some sort of nutritional supplement.
    Soy doesn't increase your estrogen levels. People will say that it does but there isn't any evidence that I've seen personally or any articles I've read that support that. And regardless, it's a good source of nutrients for those that are lactose intolerant.

A cassein mix is a very effective protein mix to have when you have long periods without food. That's why it's the best one to take at night when you go 6-9 hours without food while you're sleeping. Milk is a form of cassein protein as are eggs and other dairy products. If you're drinking milk, that's a good thing if you can't get some food.

I would say the best recommendation is to take actual food with you to work if it's all at possible. You can't really substitute for a good meal. Supplements are called supplements because they're supposed to supplement your diet. A lot of people seem to forget that and they shouldn't.

With that being said, a scoop of Evopro (cassein/whey mix) and some milk could last you for a couple hours if you're in a clinch. If possible, take some hardboiled eggs though, that would be your best bet.

htxRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) htxRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) htxRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) htxRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) htxRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) htxRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) htxRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) htxRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) htxRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) htxRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) htxRed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    what type of work do you do that you arent able to eat?

anyways, as far as convience, natures best isopure has those little individual serving packs that i use for when i go to school or travel. its easy, i dont have to lug around a tub, or premix it, i can jus take a serving pack and mix it when im ready.

although US ranger is right, but that only applies if you dont workout or your workout isnt very "intense" for example, lately me and my brother have been working out pretty hard, him harder then i since he's on vitrix. but i do 2 a days, as if i was still in high school football, so thats upper in morning and lower in evening, he's a 4day split but each session is 2-3 hrs. so i think its safe to say our workouts are intense. anyway to my point, when the workouts are intense, your body doesnt know or care about the source of protein, it just wants it! so IF your workouts are intense, and its just not convient for real food then jus use the protein supp. but if your workouts are jus, i dont know, regular i guess you could say, then try to eat at least some real foods so that the enzymes can asisit in breaking it up and helping it be absorbed. if your workout isnt all that intense and you try to replace it with your protein supp, you'll literally be ****tin your money away.
    post about your transformation:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=769907

BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Isopure is ion-exchanged whey isolate, no?
    Speller Extraordinaire. Don't believe the lies.

htxRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) htxRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) htxRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) htxRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) htxRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) htxRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) htxRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) htxRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) htxRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) htxRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) htxRed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BringnIt
    Isopure is ion-exchanged whey isolate, no?
    yea, am i wrong about something? if i am please inform me.

BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great for pre- and post-workout, but whey is horrible for staving off catabolism.

Casein would only be superior to milk if you don't want the large secretion of insulin milk will cause, or if you are on a low-carb diet. Hard-boiled eggs would be good as Ranger suggested. And as the others said, real food sources if possible.
    Speller Extraordinaire. Don't believe the lies.

i really didnt think it mattered. :shrugs: ignore my post then dude

avian is on a distinguished road. (+10) avian is on a distinguished road. (+10) avian is on a distinguished road. (+10) avian is on a distinguished road. (+10) avian is on a distinguished road. (+10) avian is on a distinguished road. (+10) avian is on a distinguished road. (+10) avian is on a distinguished road. (+10) avian is on a distinguished road. (+10) avian is on a distinguished road. (+10) avian is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Milk Protein Isolate or Micellar Casein.

Any protein powder based on those should be fine.

ILOVEBREASTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ILOVEBREASTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ILOVEBREASTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ILOVEBREASTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ILOVEBREASTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ILOVEBREASTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ILOVEBREASTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ILOVEBREASTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ILOVEBREASTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ILOVEBREASTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ILOVEBREASTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just make some food the night before and pack it with you. Else get a good MRP, a simple protien shake is not enough and will be digested too fast.
    I LOVE BREASTS!

Currently 228lbs 10% BF

I DO NOT neg except for the most extreme idiots.
    Feel free to PM me for any BS free help.

klop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't have time to eat more than a snack. I don't like hard boiled eggs, but I could scarf down some scrambled eggs. Thanks for the suggestion. Does anyone know if microwaving them would be too detrimental?

What is the difference between mrp's and protein powders? I've never used supplements before, so forgive me if this is a stupid question. I really don't want to use them now either, I just don't have much of a choice, I need to get calories at work somehow.

htx, I just started lifting again so my workout is light for now. Over the next 3 weeks going to work up to my regular session again which is VERY intense, so I'm going to need a lot of fuel. Even when I'm not working out my meatabolism is crazy, so when I am, I burn calories like an f16 burns jet fuel.

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bump to this

Originally Posted by avian
    Milk Protein Isolate or Micellar Casein.

Any protein powder based on those should be fine.
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"