Thread: Bloated Stomach

less99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bloated Stomach

I train 5 times a week including 5 times a week abs exercises. For my abs, I do 10 minutes everyday, that is, 10 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes in the evenings, where I usually do as much as 3-5 sets of 100 reps situps, 3-5 sets crunches, weighted cruches, reverse crunches, and other ab exercises each training session. I also eat 6-7 small meals which includes low fat diet, high protein diet, high fibre diet in addition to 15 minutes cardio everyday in the gym. My 6-pack has eluded me but instead I get bloated stomach and no washboard abs at all. What am I doing wrong? Can you advice me on how to get 6-pack abs, as I've trained for more than 6-months to 1 year with the above routine but nothing happens. Below is my dietary plan. Any advice will be welcome.

In the morning its 54g of oatmeal, 6 eggs (2 whole, 4 white)
    Snack : Tuna salad
    Lunch: Boiled Rice (abt 100g) + 100g chicken breast + salad
    Mid afternoon: Tuna salad
    Before workout: 2 scoops of whey
    After workout: 1 scoop of whey + 1 banana
    Dinner: 1 chicken breast + salad

mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bloated stomach? Hmm, sounds like you may be allergic to milk if you are drinking milk. Try a week without milk and see if the bloating still occurs.

As for the 6 packs, you're going to do a lot of cardio. That's right, you will need to run and run and run some more. In my experience, running has been the best exercise for developing my six pack.
    Current Stack: ON HydroWhey, ON Creatine Mono, ON Amino Chews

> 99% of supplements are a scam.

Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Allergic to gluten perhaps?

Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Strange,all that exercise,a very low calorie diet,and you still get bloated???It's either not bloating and it's fat or you are allergic to whey or something like that...

mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Oh yeah. You may be allergic to your whey's brand. In my own experience, Cytosport's whey products (cytogainer and muscle milk) both give me diarrhea. However, ON, Dymatize, and Syntrax's whey do not. You're going to have to test and see what works for you. G'luck~
    Current Stack: ON HydroWhey, ON Creatine Mono, ON Amino Chews

> 99% of supplements are a scam.

rsw1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rsw1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rsw1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rsw1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rsw1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rsw1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rsw1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rsw1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rsw1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rsw1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rsw1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bacteria perhaps? Just a thought.

I've had stomach problems (bloating, acid) for over a month and NEVER had these issues before. Cut out dairy, cut down on the whey/went with lactose free whey, and even bought ON egg protein. But....still having issues.

Went to a gastro doc. He suggested possibly a rogue bacteria could be present.

Going for endoscopy next week

less99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bloated Sromach

Thanks to all, but I am afraid I don't have any allergies. I don't use dairy, milk or any dairy products except Whey and youghurt. The yoghurt is for my oatmeal in the morning which i use sparingly. What I meant is, the stomach bloats after eating any meal. My concern is that, I train my abs almost everyday, and should see results, including the amount of time I put into the cardio everyday as well. Any advice is most welcome. Thanks

oldcool is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldcool is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldcool is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldcool is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldcool is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldcool is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldcool is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldcool is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldcool is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldcool is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldcool is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    this might sound crazy but I noticed on myself that in the mornings I can see my abs a whole lot better than in the evening. My doctor said my posture had a lot to do with my stomach bloat/protusion and just that over time we sag. Not saying this is your issue but unless you have gas and other stomach issues try adjusting your posture during the day and see how that works, It worked for me.
    Thoughts lead to on purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character and character fixes our destiny.

Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability."

That's the object of going to a gym, having fun.
    Joe Gold

dcerullo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dcerullo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dcerullo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dcerullo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dcerullo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dcerullo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dcerullo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dcerullo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dcerullo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dcerullo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dcerullo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have the same stupid problem, I know a lot of people who do. Water does it, everything does it..........I hate it! I am lactose intolerant so I don't consume any dairy at all. I've asked my Doc about it and he said when you're really lean anything you put in yout stomach is going to show. I didn't believe him of course! So don't what to tell ya but if you find anything out PM me and I'll do the same for you. Thanks
    Donna a.k.a WonderWoman

I'm Just Your Average, Ordinary, Everyday, Superhero

DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by less99 View Post
    Thanks to all, but I am afraid I don't have any allergies. I don't use dairy, milk or any dairy products except Whey and youghurt. The yoghurt is for my oatmeal in the morning which i use sparingly. What I meant is, the stomach bloats after eating any meal. My concern is that, I train my abs almost everyday, and should see results, including the amount of time I put into the cardio everyday as well. Any advice is most welcome. Thanks
    Ab training is not the most important factor to get abs. Up your cardio to 45 minutes 5 times a week. Most people who have serious abs do that kind of cardio. Cut back on the ab training and increase the cardio. Looking at your diet, I don't think it's bloating. It's most likely fat. Also what is your height and weight, and what are the macro totals for that diet? You really should redo the diet, add more healthy fats and make the meals more balanced.
    Last edited by dkf10425; 09-12-2007 at 08:43 PM.

merkurwwu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by less99 View Post
    I've been working with a nutritionist and found that I have a gluten intolerance and had the same problem- yet had no other symptoms so I thought the nutritionist was nuts... Now that I've cut gluten out completely, if I accidentally have some, I get more pronounced symptoms.

The more you have of something you have an intolerance to, the more your body surpresses the reaction. So, seriously, try cutting out wheat gluten for just two weeks and then add it back in. Cut the protein powder and substitute some food. Check the tuna salad and see if there's gluten in the ingredients.

I was VERY skeptical when I got into this with the nutritionist but sure enough, she was right. Now I don't get the bloating and churning in my stomach after every meal. Plus my skin looks better and I don't *look* bloated anymore- and I didn't even know I looked that way before...!

ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Define 'bloated.'

Seriously, what do you mean by this? It's normal to wake up with a relatively flat stomach which becomes less flat throughout the day.

What are your stats -- height, weight, bodyfat? Are you lean enough to see abs? Some people have to be at a very low bodyfat before abs will show.

Your diet is ok except you need some veggies. Real veggies, not lettuce. I don't see where you'd be getting enough fiber in there to qualify as "high fiber."

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Sorry to dig up an old post, but I was searching on this subject....

I'm having problems with a bloated (looking) stomach.

I don't know what the deal is...but I lift, do some cardio, do MMA and Kickboxing. I am in the process of trying to get my body fat down to somewhere between 12-15, but right now it is about 18%.
    I don't have a "beer belly", but it does come out from just under my sternum and then round out a bit (enough to bother me)

I've heard the term "Power Gut" before...lol...and that's what I feel like it is...lol. I lifted more for size and strength up until this past October, but have now switched to a more fictional strength routine.

Do I need to start doing some vacuums or something?

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

louisj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) louisj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) louisj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) louisj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) louisj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) louisj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) louisj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) louisj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) louisj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) louisj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) louisj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Less,
    I dug up your post from a few months ago and was wondering if you made any headway with your tests. I ask because this sounds very very very familiar. Tell me if this sounds like it:
    Daily diet consists of egg whites, oatmeal, protein shakes (ON whey), green veggies, brown rice, sweet potato, mainly chicken and turkey for meats and a steak once a week or so and Chili with turkey & kidney beans a lot. Don't weight it out or count calories but it's pretty sound.
    Workout lifting 4 days a week (and I don't kid around) & lite cardio/abs 3x a week.
    Supplements are Gaspari stack of Size On-Suer Pump and Novadex XT.
    I did just start that stack about a month ago for the first time, I used to do Universal Nutrition Animal products.
    When I checked before the Gaspari stack I was 13-14% BF. Lately I have been amazingly bloated and gassy though. Interestingly it is more in the late afternoon to night time though. It literally looks like I have a beer gut. Even as I type this at 10PM my gut is protruding out like I'm in my 3rd trimester.
    I have started using colonix and activa yogurt to try and get the bad bacteria out and good in in case it is bacterial though. I am also going to lay off any and all supps except for ON Whey cause I never had a problem with that in 3 years.
    Well, hope things worked out for you. Please let me know

Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have a good six pack in the morning when I get up, but thru the day it dissapears.....I get the "bloated" feeling alot, but it's from food and liquids. You gotta' take in more calories than you burn to grow.
    A coward dies many deaths, a Soldier dies one.

mic65frit will become famous soon enough. (+50) mic65frit will become famous soon enough. (+50) mic65frit will become famous soon enough. (+50) mic65frit will become famous soon enough. (+50) mic65frit will become famous soon enough. (+50) mic65frit will become famous soon enough. (+50) mic65frit will become famous soon enough. (+50) mic65frit will become famous soon enough. (+50) mic65frit will become famous soon enough. (+50) mic65frit will become famous soon enough. (+50) mic65frit will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Could be Yeast

I'd go to the Earth Muffin health food store and get one of those total cleanse packages Do it on a weekend, cause anything at a health food store that says cleanse is "Health Food Nut" Speak for pooping like you've never pooped before.

...you could have a build up of Yeast and like bread it's starting to ferment and give off it's own gas so hench the bloating, the milk and the wheat doesn't help.

Google stomach bloating, Yeast free and Gluten free diets...you will be amazed. I have a doc that is an advertising client of mine and he & his entire staff went on a Yeast and wheat free diet and the average weight that they dropped of the 8 of them was roughly 20#'s. Granted they aren't the Model of phyiscial shape, but to drop that kind of weight in 6 weeks would certainly get my attention, and they all said how much sharper they felt, more energy, less brain fog, ect.

Good luck,

Mike
    I thought "Eating Clean" was washing your hands before dinner...darn it! Wrong Again!
    Mike F
    Mid Michigan
    USA

gildebrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile bloated or just fat????

Hi all, i just introduced myself couple a days ago and this is my second post with a question. 1 started beginnig of Jan at 227 lbs.n now it's middle of Feb and i'm 224 lbs. I'm trying to lose fat and tone up. I workout 5 day a week during lunch break, 1 mile running on t/m and about 30 minutes of weight training with moderate resistance and 3 sets of 8-12 reps each exercise. anyway, not sure if it's the supplements that are keeping me from losing the fat. I take pro-rated whey 2x day, creatine after workout, multi-vit and fish oil. I watch what i eat pretty well, cutting all the junk food and sweets i use to eat. do you guys think this is good or suggest anything different with training? supplements?

Thanks, and love this website!

Tired of being lied to resurrected's Avatar
    resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000)
    Try using acidopholis after each meal. When I was bloating I used that and it helped immensely. I found I had yeast in the digestive tract. I started to use a product called yeast fighters and it went away after a few weeks.
    Change your yogurt to that new stuff with the bifidus in it and see if it helps.

louisj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) louisj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) louisj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) louisj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) louisj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) louisj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) louisj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) louisj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) louisj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) louisj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) louisj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wow, yeast huh? that would make sense as yeast does give off a lot of fermenting by-products. Wonder where my main source of that would be in my personal diet though, I'll figure it out.
    The bifidus yogurt has been implemented daily but the acidopholis is another great idea I didn't think of.
    Mic65 was right with the cleansing too and that may be a last resort. I have been taking colonix for ~5 days now. Nothing major yet. Also got some Beano and simethicone (Gas relief pills) and that calms things down like a band aid but isn't curing anything of course.
    I can't help but think also that I am sensitive to Gaspari Super-Pump 250. I'm not knocking it, it's great and does what it says but some people are very stomach sensitive to it and Gaspari has not tried to hide this.
    Thanks always for the great suggestions.