Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Eating at work...

Hi ladies,
    How do you all manage to sneak away and eat at work? I mean I figure it's ok because smoker's get smoker breaks. Did any of you have trouble with your boss/colleagues over this or do you eat at your desk?
    watch out Fawnia!

TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well we have a lunch break... So I go to the cantina and pick out the healthiest stuff I can get (actually the cook is very friendly and will make me egg whites, crepes w/cottage cheese, canned tuna in water, basically anything I ask for). Sorry to hear you got problems, but I'm sure, unless your boss is a j**k, s/he will understand that you happen to be HUNGRY.

Current stats:
    67 kg / 167 cm / 25-27 %bf / 28 yo
    max lifts:
    bb bench press: 7 x 55kg
    lat pulldown: 5 x 60 kg
    squat: 8 x 60 kg

Shera will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shera will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shera will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shera will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shera will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shera will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shera will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shera will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shera will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shera will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shera will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Patrese View Post
    Hi ladies,
    How do you all manage to sneak away and eat at work? I mean I figure it's ok because smoker's get smoker breaks. Did any of you have trouble with your boss/colleagues over this or do you eat at your desk?
    i asked my boss if it would be alright to take three 15min breaks over the course of my day instead of one 15 and one 30min. then id sneak in a more portable meal at my desk, somthing not requiring a knife an fork...
    my co workers would always go "eating again????!!!" lol

jess1228 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jess1228 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jess1228 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jess1228 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jess1228 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jess1228 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jess1228 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jess1228 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jess1228 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jess1228 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jess1228 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have my own office so no one seems to notice or care when I eat. I guess that is a benefit of having a desk job!

IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    They actually have a policy at my work that you can't eat at your desk and the lunch room is only open from noon to 2. I still go into the lunchroom before and after those hours to warm up my food and eat at my desk.

I suppose HR may say something eventually, but I have a office that is secluded, so noone really sees me. i think the policy about lunchroom hours and not eating at our desks at work is ridiculous.
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice
    I will choose a path that's clear
    I will choose freewill

Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174190821&referrerid=1173311

vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mcampana View Post
    They actually have a policy at my work that you can't eat at your desk and the lunch room is only open from noon to 2. I still go into the lunchroom before and after those hours to warm up my food and eat at my desk.

I suppose HR may say something eventually, but I have a office that is secluded, so noone really sees me. i think the policy about lunchroom hours and not eating at our desks at work is ridiculous.

That IS ridiculous. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't eat at my desk, because our kitchen isn't really close to my office, and if I kept leaving to eat, I don't think it would go over well when we're busy. Although my frequent mini meals haven't been a problem as of yet, I have definitely gotten strange looks from coworkers who don't understand why I'm eating AGAIN... although it's helped to inform a few of them about the plan I'm on Most people are pretty understanding.
    *Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.*

caska has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caska has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caska has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caska has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caska has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caska has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caska has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caska has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caska has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caska has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caska has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I work at one of the busiest Starbucks in the northwest and I'm lucky if I get my breaks on time. I never count on even having my last 10 minute break especially. Supposedly I should get one after my first 2 hours, then a half hour lunch at 4 hours, then a last break at 6 hours. It usually ends up like... 3 hours: break. 5-6 hours: lunch. Then I just work the rest of my shift.

It gets obnoxious when I'm hungry but the store's chaotically busy, and my supervisors say they can't fit in a break for such-n-such reason. It makes meal planning tricky too. I can't just sneak off into the bathroom because my bag is in my locker, and I'd face the wrath of hell if I got food out there before running for the bathroom. I can only use the "It's my period, I need tampons!" excuse so often.

It goes against Washington state labor laws and all, but this store is the only one that will give me weekends off (thanks to seniority) and won't hassle me about taking time off for photoshoots.

Camogirlie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Camogirlie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Camogirlie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Camogirlie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Camogirlie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Camogirlie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Camogirlie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Camogirlie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Camogirlie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Camogirlie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Camogirlie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    At my last job.. i was on the phones all day.. And i got in trouble for going to the bathroom to much cause i was drinking a good gallon of water or so at work.. My manager actually pulled me aside and said "you have to understand that you cant go to the bathroom that much.. Some people have habits like smoking, and they cant just get up and go for a smoke break, so you have to control your habit" WHAT! I was pissed when she told me that.. hm.. going to the bathroom that takes all of 2 minutes.. a smoke break is a bit longer than that i think.. I have a new job, and i have a nice office by myself.. i can eat whenever, and go to the bathroom whenever! Yahoo! I just have to warn people when im eating fish!! LOL!

IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by vanillabn View Post
    That IS ridiculous. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't eat at my desk, because our kitchen isn't really close to my office, and if I kept leaving to eat, I don't think it would go over well when we're busy. Although my frequent mini meals haven't been a problem as of yet, I have definitely gotten strange looks from coworkers who don't understand why I'm eating AGAIN... although it's helped to inform a few of them about the plan I'm on Most people are pretty understanding.
    Ya, people to look at me strange, b/c it seems like I am eating all the time...well, I am.

I wouldn't get any work done, if I had to leave my desk 3 times a day to eat....the rule is silly.
    I will choose freewill

Journal:

Balancing Act . . . indiglo9124's Avatar
    indiglo9124 is just really nice. (+1000) indiglo9124 is just really nice. (+1000) indiglo9124 is just really nice. (+1000) indiglo9124 is just really nice. (+1000) indiglo9124 is just really nice. (+1000) indiglo9124 is just really nice. (+1000) indiglo9124 is just really nice. (+1000) indiglo9124 is just really nice. (+1000) indiglo9124 is just really nice. (+1000) indiglo9124 is just really nice. (+1000) indiglo9124 is just really nice. (+1000)
    They actually have a policy at my work that you can't eat at your desk and the lunch room is only open from noon to 2
    Is that legal?

I guess it depends on the job and the hours essentially. If you absolutley CANT get away from work, Id say whey in a shaker would be the best bet. Then say you have to go to the bathroom?

Originally Posted by indiglo9124 View Post
    Is that legal?

I guess it depends on the job and the hours essentially. If you absolutley CANT get away from work, Id say whey in a shaker would be the best bet. Then say you have to go to the bathroom?
    Not sure...good question though. If they ever did say something to me, I would look into it...
    I will choose freewill

Journal:

sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000)
    Geez, your employers are tough! From what I've read I believe I have the greatest bosses on the planet earth! they don't care when I eat. I usually pack in 4 meals for work. Nothing has ever been said. I guess I shouldn't complain about the bosses so much.
    National Competitor

pga617 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pga617 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pga617 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pga617 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pga617 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pga617 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pga617 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pga617 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pga617 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pga617 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pga617 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sixzebra View Post
    Geez, your employers are tough! From what I've read I believe I have the greatest bosses on the planet earth! they don't care when I eat. I usually pack in 4 meals for work. Nothing has ever been said. I guess I shouldn't complain about the bosses so much.

Same here.
    ***Taste is temporary....your body is forever***

azureice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I work as a trainer for a restaurant (fast food). Usually ten hour shifts, five days a week, though I try to get out early a day or two a week. It is a half-hour drive away.

Sooo sometimes it's hard to get off the floor. Other times it's REALLY hard. Occasionally we'll actually be adequately staffed and it's easy then. My district manager and all the other GMs are aware I'm training and that I am going to eat about three times on my shift.

Basically I have to be somewhat flexible and very aware. Flexible with timing, because it may be 30 minutes before or after I'd prefer that I get the opportunity to have four minutes to eat if staffing is rough that day. Flexible with my choices-- while i'd prefer to do lean protein + whole grain + veggie, if it is severe time crunch, then i'll just drink a shake. If I forgot to bring a meal, I can buy a packet of nuts from the convenience store next to us, or eat a piece of grilled chicken with tomato. I have to be very aware, because there is endless admin training, and if I don't prioritize my nutrition then it won't happen.

And yeah, people always are like, "what are you eating," or "damn girl, you're eating AGAIN." I smile and say "food!" or "yep."

My boss doesn't make the rules. HR does. I have the coolest boss ever, but HR makes up these silly rules about lunchroom hours and eating @ your desk. My boss thinks the rules are ridiculous and doesn't care if we eat at our desk/offices, as long as we aren't slinging food around!
    I will choose freewill

Journal:

Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is a really interesting thread!
    watch out Fawnia!

sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000)
    My boss doesn't make the rules. HR does. I have the coolest boss ever, but HR makes up these silly rules about lunchroom hours and eating @ your desk. My boss thinks the rules are ridiculous and doesn't care if we eat at our desk/offices, as long as we aren't slinging food around!
    WTH! well at least you have a cool boss.
    National Competitor

WTH! well at least you have a cool boss.
    Yes, thank goodness...b/c they are hard to come by.
    I will choose freewill

Journal:

cbrchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cbrchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cbrchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cbrchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cbrchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cbrchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cbrchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cbrchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cbrchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cbrchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cbrchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I eat when I can, when I want, sometimes where I want.

I have 3 breaks during the day and we basically take them when we can around "meal" times...

But if I am hungry when I am working, I'll eat an apple, nuts, drinkable yogurt, that kinda thingy....

Nothing too involved though. An ER is a dirty place and I wash my hands like mad....

And drinking water and having to pee.... We all have huge bottles with us, no one would tell a nurse that they arent allowed to go to the bathroom...

We are just lucky when we have a chance - the bathroom is basically the only place you have a minute to yourself without 3 people talking to you at once, someone puking/bleeding/complaining...

I should drink more water at work...

jovinni is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jovinni is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jovinni is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jovinni is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jovinni is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jovinni is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jovinni is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jovinni is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jovinni is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jovinni is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jovinni is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I eat at my desk. No one fusses about it, as most of us end up eating lunch at our desks to keep working. It helps that most people know I'm "training" so they leave me alone. I have a drawer that is devoted to storing my food, as I have a lot of it.

gee wish I could eat at my desk but colleague complained she didn't like tuna smell .bah.
    watch out Fawnia!

vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ahh we were SO busy today, and consequently didn't get a lunch break at all... I was so starving, since I didn't bring food (bad) and was planning on running to the grocery store over my lunch hour, which didn't happen. Since the only thing I had in the fridge at work was eggbeaters, I cooked some of those (last resort) in the microwave, but my boss complained and said it smelled like rotten eggs. :S
    *Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.*

grrrrr one of those days eh! your boss sounds like a rotten egg!

Originally Posted by vanillabn View Post
    Ahh we were SO busy today, and consequently didn't get a lunch break at all... I was so starving, since I didn't bring food (bad) and was planning on running to the grocery store over my lunch hour, which didn't happen. Since the only thing I had in the fridge at work was eggbeaters, I cooked some of those (last resort) in the microwave, but my boss complained and said it smelled like rotten eggs. :S
    watch out Fawnia!

Originally Posted by Patrese View Post
    grrrrr one of those days eh! your boss sounds like a rotten egg!
    lol. True true...

BFIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    People always complain about the smell( I eat fish a lot) that my lunch leaves in the office.....and some even bring out their febreze cans.......at one job I was at, a co-worker actually told me that what I was eating (fish and broccoli) smelled like sh*t and that there were policies that said no fish or curry in the office...LOL...there were no such rules at that place...what an as*........I don't care what people say I eat what I eat and that is that.....
    http://********.com/brenaldaba

Lauroo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lauroo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lauroo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lauroo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lauroo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lauroo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lauroo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lauroo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lauroo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lauroo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lauroo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I eat at my desk and I don't think anyone cares what time I eat at but they do comment that I'm "always eating" LOL. I make protein oatmeal at 11am and we take lunch whenever we want, so I go at 1:30-2pm. Then I'm eating again at 4-4:30pm, usually tuna and an apple and a couple nuts.

I tried to eat discreetly at first but I don't really care now, I told people I follow a diabetic diet because diabetes runs rampant in my family and I try to watch my blood sugar carefully (which is untrue but it gets them off my case LOL)

do1more has a spectacular aura about. (+250) do1more has a spectacular aura about. (+250) do1more has a spectacular aura about. (+250) do1more has a spectacular aura about. (+250) do1more has a spectacular aura about. (+250) do1more has a spectacular aura about. (+250) do1more has a spectacular aura about. (+250) do1more has a spectacular aura about. (+250) do1more has a spectacular aura about. (+250) do1more has a spectacular aura about. (+250) do1more has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I do construction, on my "smoke breaks" I eat.

All the men are greatly amused by this for some reason?
    Everything Changes