IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Heavy BB Shrugs over Upright Rows

Which hit your Traps harder Heavy Barbell Shrugs or Upright Rows... my traps are always sore the next day when doing heavy shrugs as opposed to doing Upright rows... I guess cause you can really pack the pounds on doing shrugs unlike uprights 'more weight' 'more stress on the muscle'...

jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would defintely say barbell shrugs, no doubt. I do both though for traps though just to exhaust them thoroughly. I have skipped upright rows before though and still felt sore from the barbell shrugs (or DB shrugs, I alternate).

andyman is just really nice. (+1000) andyman is just really nice. (+1000) andyman is just really nice. (+1000) andyman is just really nice. (+1000) andyman is just really nice. (+1000) andyman is just really nice. (+1000) andyman is just really nice. (+1000) andyman is just really nice. (+1000) andyman is just really nice. (+1000) andyman is just really nice. (+1000) andyman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well, the two exercises are similar, but focus on two different muscle groups.

The Upright Row Movement focuses on the Anterior(frontal) and medial(side) deltoid heads, as well as rhomboids and Teres Major and minor, above and aside your lats and traps.

The Heavy Shrug movement focuses on the Sternoclastomastoid in the neck, The complete Trapezius muscles in the center back, and rear Deltoid.

While both are extremely beneficial, for your question I'd have to say SHRUG!!!!!!
    Respect, Honor, Discipline, and Chivalry