jmw229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Resistance Band and Calisthenics

hey ive been weight training for almost a year now, i dont have a gym to go to anymore cuz im out of school, and work 6 days a week. so im trying different types of strength training. ive been doing calisthenics for a while and some free weight arm work. and a few days ago i took up resistance bands (the ones that are rubber tubing) my questions are:

1) are resistance bands and callisthenicsgood for building mass?

reminder: there are many sizes of bands(rubber tubes) which can add greater resistance which mimicks the resistance given from weights.
    Last edited by jmw229; 04-15-2005 at 11:00 AM.

FeralBalloon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes, I find that they work great. I do calisthenic too. Resistance bands help my chest.

TheBuffmuffin is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBuffmuffin is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBuffmuffin is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBuffmuffin is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBuffmuffin is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBuffmuffin is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBuffmuffin is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBuffmuffin is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBuffmuffin is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBuffmuffin is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBuffmuffin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by FeralBalloon View Post
    Yes, I find that they work great. I do calisthenic too. Resistance bands help my chest.
    Brah you shoul just worry about hitting all your main compound lifts and eating.

Mmarkk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mmarkk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mmarkk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mmarkk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mmarkk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mmarkk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mmarkk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mmarkk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mmarkk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Weights > bands any day.

With bands, you have to worry about elasticity/no resistance at the bottom of your lift; they do not mimic weights.

JoeBlackk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoeBlackk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoeBlackk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoeBlackk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoeBlackk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoeBlackk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    callisthenics ftw