maddawg0517 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maddawg0517 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maddawg0517 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maddawg0517 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maddawg0517 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maddawg0517 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maddawg0517 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maddawg0517 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maddawg0517 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Problems with cramping in the front of shin

I have been joggin on the treadmill for a few weeks now and my cardio endurance is getting so much better...heartrate stays a lil lower, breathing is easier...but lately I have had to cut my jogs short due to muscle cramping in the front of my shin just above the ankle...I am not worried that its shin splints because its not a bone problem...its just a muscle cramp.

Is there any lifting I can do to help strengthen this part of my leg and keep it from cramping. No stretches really seem to help...jsut stop jogging and stand for a minute or two then get back on the treadmill for a few more minutes before the pain is unbearable again.

I throw spinning sh*t HardGainer82's Avatar
    HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by maddawg0517
    I have been joggin on the treadmill for a few weeks now and my cardio endurance is getting so much better...heartrate stays a lil lower, breathing is easier...but lately I have had to cut my jogs short due to muscle cramping in the front of my shin just above the ankle...I am not worried that its shin splints because its not a bone problem...its just a muscle cramp.

Is there any lifting I can do to help strengthen this part of my leg and keep it from cramping. No stretches really seem to help...jsut stop jogging and stand for a minute or two then get back on the treadmill for a few more minutes before the pain is unbearable again.
    In my opnion, you don't need to strengthen the muscle necessarily, you need to stretch it more. Or at all...
    "The sun is always gonna rise, and always gonna set and I'll just keep on punching because everyday is gonna bring something different and I just want to be ready for it."
    - Jens Pulver

If you refer to a fighter who you've never met in real life as "my boy" as though their performance somehow reflects well on you for simply being a fan, you're a lame ass.

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by maddawg0517

Upping water intake during cardio may help.

acumenjay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acumenjay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acumenjay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acumenjay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acumenjay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acumenjay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do a search on "shin splints" and you will find a lot of different stretching and preventative measures to take. You can search here or Google it.

I've had these for years and they've never gone away completely for me but you can minimize the pain.

good luck
    "You have to do what others won't to achieve what others don't." - Unknown