Thread: myth????

veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

myth????

i just wanted to kno everyones view on "lifting stunting your highth"????

K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Myth.
    A king may move a man, a father may claim a son. But remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice. Remember that.

your mom goes to college! jash smiff's Avatar
    jash smiff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jash smiff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jash smiff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jash smiff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jash smiff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jash smiff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jash smiff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jash smiff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jash smiff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jash smiff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jash smiff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    when lifting heavy at a very young age your can cause your growth plates to fuse. after like age 16 there isnt much to worry bout(maybe even younger depending on how fast you developed)
    so its partly fact and partly myth. i wouldnt recomend heavy weight training b4 age 15.
    We don't notice any time pass
    we don't notice anything
    we sit side by side in every class
    teacher thinks that I sound funny
    but she likes the way you sing

Tonight I'll dream while in my bed
    when silly thoughts go through my head
    about the bugs and alphabet
    and when I wake tommorow I'll bet
    that you and I will walk together again
    I can tell that we're going to be friends

_____________________ SpreeWheels24's Avatar
    SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jash smiff
    when lifting heavy at a very young age your can cause your growth plates to fuse. after like age 16 there isnt much to worry bout(maybe even younger depending on how fast you developed)
    so its partly fact and partly myth. i wouldnt recomend heavy weight training b4 age 15.
    wow alot of people post crap like this without..... PROOF. give me a link, then i'll lay off the weights.

jash smiff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jash smiff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jash smiff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jash smiff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jash smiff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jash smiff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jash smiff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jash smiff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jash smiff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jash smiff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jash smiff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    *sigh* give me a minute.

notice the line how fast you deveopled, some people reach near thier maximum hieght by 14.

edit: perhaps i am wrong this was what i was broguht up to believe. it can happen, that sandrak kid who lifted heavy weh he was like 8 stunted his growth. however he may have been on roids no one knows for certain, so that is debateable. i have plenty of arguements both ways.

however another reason i dont think you should lift before age 16 is high possibleity of joint problems down the line.
    Last edited by jash smiff; 04-13-2005 at 06:15 PM.
    we don't notice anything

veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    ya iam 5'7 and 140lbs ive been working out for 1 yr and dont want to stay this tall just asking for how others look at it

Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jash smiff
    *sigh* give me a minute.

notice the line how fast you deveopled, some people reach near thier maximum hieght by 14.

edit: perhaps i am wrong this was what i was broguht up to believe. it can happen, that sandrak kid who lifted heavy weh he was like 8 stunted his growth. however he may have been on roids no one knows for certain, so that is debateable. i have plenty of arguements both ways.

however another reason i dont think you should lift before age 16 is high possibleity of joint problems down the line.

Any evidence for that? Weight training increases bone density and strengthend ligaments and tendons, so unless you are using poor form, you should have better joints down the road.
    If you wind up with a boring, miserable life because you listened to your
    mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest or some guy on TV telling you how to
    do your ****, then YOU DESERVE IT.

-Frank Zappa

A devoted acolyte in the Brotherhood of the Pink Elephant

part of DA...keep it on the QT

lifting heavy casues gaps in joints to form while still growing. i should have phrased it better initially.

this happened to my step-father and that was the reason the doctor gave him.

http://www.physsportsmed.com/issues/...3/benjamin.htm

how much how soon paragraph.
    Last edited by jash smiff; 04-13-2005 at 06:21 PM.
    we don't notice anything

Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    From your link:

"
    Effects on Growth

Most of the scientific literature on injury refers to activities other than strength training, such as competitive weight lifting, and to age-groups other than prepubescents. Stunted growth in Japanese children who habitually carried heavy loads on their shoulders was compared with the effects of weight training.4 The study did not address other factors, such as poor nutrition, sleep deprivation, and general health conditions, all of which may affect growth.

Recent literature4,5,14 indicates that strength training will not have an adverse effect on growth. A few studies4,5 have shown positive growth effects as long as proper nutrition and age-specific physical activity guidelines were met. However, resistance training will not affect an individuals' genotypic maximum.4,5 Parents can be assured that strength training (in moderation) will not have an adverse effect on growth. Training may actually be an effective stimulus for growth and bone mineralization in children, especially for those at risk for osteopenia or osteoporosis.25 "

And about what the doctor told your stepdad, as far as doctors are concerned, they say alot of ****. I seriously doubt that unless someone has a study.
    If you wind up with a boring, miserable life because you listened to your
    mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest or some guy on TV telling you how to
    do your ****, then YOU DESERVE IT.

-Frank Zappa

A devoted acolyte in the Brotherhood of the Pink Elephant

part of DA...keep it on the QT