TheGeezza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Making the switch from bulking to cutting

Afternoon,

I am now changing my goals from bulking to now wanting to loose body fat. I have been on a three year bulk :-)

Anyway, I am some what confused about the whole process. At present the routine I do is too demanding to continue with now that I have introduced a calorie deficit into my diet. I was under the impression that in order to maintain my current size/strength I would need to continue with my existing workout program?
    Should I continue with the same routine but drop the number of sets/reps, weight etc. Or perhaps move to some other routine so that more emphasis can be palced on cardio?

Your thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Geez

Locarius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Locarius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Locarius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Locarius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Locarius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Locarius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Locarius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Locarius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Locarius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Locarius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Locarius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is what worked for me:

I dropped my calories by about 250 per week until I was about 250 cals below maintenance. I started doing HIIT for 15 mins every morning (2:30 warmup, 10 min HIIT, 2:30 cool-down). For my workout I went from 3 sets per exercise to 2 sets per exercise. This gave me enough energy to lift heavy and even add weight to lifts.

I've been losing 2.5 lbs per week, and by my calculations, losing no lean muscle mass.

Play around with a few ideas and see what works for you.