Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    neo 17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) neo 17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) neo 17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) neo 17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) neo 17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) neo 17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) neo 17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) neo 17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) neo 17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) neo 17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) neo 17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

What's good for acne?

Accutane is hell, and I wish I'd never touched it. My back, chest and face are all clear after one month, but my joints, bones and muscles ache. I'm also depressed. I know lots of people say it can't do that, but it did for me, and what's funny is my acne never got worse...

Anyway what's a good alternative to accutane..now that I'm stopping that hellhole my body should recover eventually and I can get back in the gym. I heard acne.org regimen works.

I think the FDA people were drunk when they approved accutane or something...I could understand the sides it if it was curing cancer, but pimples? Jeesus...I advise all teens on here to get off it ASAP, or those considering it to forget about it until you're 100% acne's not going away.

tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i have a friend who took it and paid no heed to the warnings.. he drank while on it, AND got sun poisoning, never drank enough water (always drinking soda and ****).. it's a miracle he didn't kill himself

and on top of that it really didn't do much for the acne. accutane blows, just wait it out lol
    2007 INBF Long Island Experience:
    1st Place Novice Lightweight & Overall
    Best Legs
    ----------------------

Disclaimer: The above can at best be considered an opinion or an offering of advice, and should be treated as such.

Thin Build has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thin Build has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thin Build has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thin Build has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thin Build has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thin Build has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thin Build has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thin Build has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thin Build has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thin Build has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thin Build has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Try acne.org regimen.

mastamauro83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mastamauro83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mastamauro83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mastamauro83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mastamauro83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mastamauro83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mastamauro83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mastamauro83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mastamauro83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mastamauro83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mastamauro83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    go tanning

neo 17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) neo 17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) neo 17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) neo 17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) neo 17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) neo 17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) neo 17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) neo 17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) neo 17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) neo 17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) neo 17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by tweaked17
    i have a friend who took it and paid no heed to the warnings.. he drank while on it, AND got sun poisoning, never drank enough water (always drinking soda and ****).. it's a miracle he didn't kill himself

and on top of that it really didn't do much for the acne. accutane blows, just wait it out lol
    heh.

it actually helped my acne. but i will not trade no acne for not being able to hit the gym.

seriously i don't think anyone under 21 should even be considered for this ****...ever. there's no way we can make an informed decision, and the acne hasn't even had a chance to diminish or resolve naturally yet.

Supersets24 is not very well liked. (-100) Supersets24 is not very well liked. (-100) Supersets24 is not very well liked. (-100) Supersets24 is not very well liked. (-100) Supersets24 is not very well liked. (-100) Supersets24 is not very well liked. (-100) Supersets24 is not very well liked. (-100) Supersets24 is not very well liked. (-100) Supersets24 is not very well liked. (-100) Supersets24 is not very well liked. (-100) Supersets24 is not very well liked. (-100)
    whats good for acne? a better diet.

Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Supersets24
    whats good for acne? a better diet.
    Bump.
    For personal training consultations email at sjvaldez2@yahoo.com

suckitbush has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) suckitbush has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) suckitbush has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) suckitbush has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) suckitbush has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    prepration H

when u feel a pimple is gonna come up put a little prepration H on in overnight it should be gone in the morning. worked for people I know

Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by suckitbush
    prepration H

when u feel a pimple is gonna come up put a little prepration H on in overnight it should be gone in the morning. worked for people I know
    Thank You!!
    For personal training consultations email at sjvaldez2@yahoo.com

suckitbush has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) suckitbush has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) suckitbush has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) suckitbush has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) suckitbush has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Actual Size
    Thank You!!
    u could rep me....lol jk

MurphDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) MurphDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) MurphDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) MurphDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) MurphDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) MurphDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) MurphDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) MurphDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) MurphDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) MurphDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) MurphDog will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I read somewhere that diet has nothing to do with acne. Ill try to find the site for you guys.

but what i find the best is:
    Clean Pillow - Yes, this really does help!
    Daily face wash in morning and immediatly after a workout
    Use a moisturizer on your face daily
    KEEP YOUR HANDS AWAY FROM YOUR FACE AT ALL TIMES
    And tanning does help.

If anyone else got some tips then post em.

Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I found out that rinsing your face with just water works a little. Definately better than acne threatments and soap.

vanaznboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use SpectroDerm as a facial cleanser, and my Dr. prescribe me Solugel-8 (benzoyl peroxide gel) for the morning and Retisol-A (tretinoin cream) for the evening. I've been on them for 7 years and they've worked very well for me.

Meecrob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meecrob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meecrob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meecrob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meecrob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meecrob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meecrob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meecrob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meecrob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meecrob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meecrob will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MurphDog
    I read somewhere that diet has nothing to do with acne.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acne

Acne misconceptions:

Diet. Chocolate, chips and sugar, among others, have not been shown to affect acne. This means that the scientific studies done to date did not find a big difference between acne in two groups of people, one group eating the food in question and one group avoiding it.

good article.

GoldenKidX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I swear by accutane. Nothing else worked for me. I tried retina, differin gel, antibiotics, benzaclin, benzamyacin and nothing helped. Tried all the scrubs and washes also and they made it worst.

I went on a 7 month cycle at a fairly low dose (40mg) back in 2001-02 and i couldn't be happier from the results. I had moderate cystic acne and I was ashamed to even walk outside.

Other than the dry skin and dry eyes (nothing some lotion and eye drops) can't fix, my side effects were fine. I guess I shouldn't have gone tanning on it though.

I don't understand the depression thing. I was depressed because my skin was bad and knowing it was clearing up made me anything but depressed.

PatsFan75BC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PatsFan75BC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PatsFan75BC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PatsFan75BC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PatsFan75BC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PatsFan75BC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PatsFan75BC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PatsFan75BC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PatsFan75BC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PatsFan75BC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PatsFan75BC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry

Originally Posted by neo 17
    Accutane is hell, and I wish I'd never touched it. My back, chest and face are all clear after one month, but my joints, bones and muscles ache. I'm also depressed. I know lots of people say it can't do that, but it did for me, and what's funny is my acne never got worse...

Anyway what's a good alternative to accutane..now that I'm stopping that hellhole my body should recover eventually and I can get back in the gym. I heard acne.org regimen works.

I think the FDA people were drunk when they approved accutane or something...I could understand the sides it if it was curing cancer, but pimples? Jeesus...I advise all teens on here to get off it ASAP, or those considering it to forget about it until you're 100% acne's not going away.

Yea, i took minocycline and it was complete hell but it worked. I got off it though cuz i couldnt stand the side effects anymore one of which included me becoming suicidal and my acne came right back after i got off of it
    Don't buy into Bowflex propoganda

Arsehole_John has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arsehole_John has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arsehole_John has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arsehole_John has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arsehole_John has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arsehole_John has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arsehole_John has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arsehole_John has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arsehole_John has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arsehole_John has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I take this pill thats called PCE 333 and it works half decent, I mean my acne hasn't gone down a hole lot but its keeping it under control, not to much but still there. I'd rather have just a little then have to put cream on my face constantly just by taking 2 pills a day.

SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The organic essential oils of tea tree and lavender.. Tea tree oil on active infection/recent inflimations, lavender on old marks..oh yes.

And how couldnt diet effect your skin? You are what you eat. The chemicals you put in your body on a daily basis HAVE to effect your whole body.

Originally Posted by PatsFan75BC
    Yea, i took minocycline and it was complete hell but it worked. I got off it though cuz i couldnt stand the side effects anymore one of which included me becoming suicidal and my acne came right back after i got off of it
    ...Antibiotics can't make you suicidal, and why did you bump a 2 month old topic?

Maybe you should seek medical advice, your mind seems ruined. ; p

kayslay85 is not very well liked. (-100) kayslay85 is not very well liked. (-100) kayslay85 is not very well liked. (-100) kayslay85 is not very well liked. (-100) kayslay85 is not very well liked. (-100) kayslay85 is not very well liked. (-100) kayslay85 is not very well liked. (-100) kayslay85 is not very well liked. (-100) kayslay85 is not very well liked. (-100) kayslay85 is not very well liked. (-100) kayslay85 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Actually food cant cause acne but you can be allergic to it and provoke breakouts. I took accutane at a very low does of 20mg a day to just reduce oil...and it worked great during the time but a few months later, I have oil again but little to no zits(which is great) BTW I was REALLY REALLY dumb and bought mine offline.

Sittin On 22_s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sittin On 22_s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sittin On 22_s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sittin On 22_s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sittin On 22_s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sittin On 22_s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sittin On 22_s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sittin On 22_s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Food can't cause acne? Rofl yes it does ***got go check out acne.org forums and tell people their food doesn't cause acne.

Try B5 in high dosages, such as 7g.

Mike1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I heard food had nothing to do with acne either. Does proactive work? I wanna try it if it does.
    Name- Mike
    Location- Texas
    Age- 21
    Height- 5'7
    Weight- 200
    Status- Cutting down to between 175-180

Sittin On 22_s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sittin On 22_s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sittin On 22_s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sittin On 22_s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sittin On 22_s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sittin On 22_s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sittin On 22_s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sittin On 22_s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Proactiv is just a simple SA + BP combo which costs like $10 if you buy the products in the store.
    Do some research
    acne.org messageboards

BROTHERHOOD is not very well liked. (-100) BROTHERHOOD is not very well liked. (-100) BROTHERHOOD is not very well liked. (-100) BROTHERHOOD is not very well liked. (-100) BROTHERHOOD is not very well liked. (-100) BROTHERHOOD is not very well liked. (-100) BROTHERHOOD is not very well liked. (-100) BROTHERHOOD is not very well liked. (-100) BROTHERHOOD is not very well liked. (-100) BROTHERHOOD is not very well liked. (-100) BROTHERHOOD is not very well liked. (-100)
    If you have bad acne on your chest/back, wash with dawn dish liquid. It will help cut the greese. There are also bars of soap you can buy at the store with benzoil peroxide in them, very helpful.

I use a prescription gel called differin on my face, as well as clearasil.

Acne isn't caused by dirt or grease on your skin, if it was ever bum would have acne, which is not the cause at all.
    Acne is caused by hormones which is partially controlled by your genetics and diet

BURNINATER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BURNINATER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BURNINATER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BURNINATER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BURNINATER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BURNINATER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BURNINATER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BURNINATER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BURNINATER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BURNINATER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BURNINATER will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by GoldenKidX
    I swear by accutane. Nothing else worked for me. I tried retina, differin gel, antibiotics, benzaclin, benzamyacin and nothing helped. Tried all the scrubs and washes also and they made it worst.

I went on a 7 month cycle at a fairly low dose (40mg) back in 2001-02 and i couldn't be happier from the results. I had moderate cystic acne and I was ashamed to even walk outside.

Other than the dry skin and dry eyes (nothing some lotion and eye drops) can't fix, my side effects were fine. I guess I shouldn't have gone tanning on it though.

I don't understand the depression thing. I was depressed because my skin was bad and knowing it was clearing up made me anything but depressed.
    i second that notion. but then again i NEVER got sore joints/muscules, little depression, and clear skin. But ofcourse when the results come you get to be one happy chappy.

have a friend who took it and paid no heed to the warnings.. he drank while on it, AND got sun poisoning, never drank enough water (always drinking soda and ****).. it's a miracle he didn't kill himself.
    wtf i always drank on accutane - all it basically does is dry your skin out a little more.. which is already down to 10% oil production...
    Height: 5'10 (178cm)
    Weight: 176lbs (80kg)
    Body Fat: 10%

·My Pics (December 2005) -
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=675693

- Level 1 Australian Strength and Conditioning accredited coach
    - Certificate 3 in Fitness
    - Certificate 4 in Fitness
    - AIF Master Trainer qualification
    - Zest Personal Trainer

senior_mg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i've been thinking about going to my doctor to get put on accutane, but i dont think i will be. my acne is not bad, just mild with pimples from time to time. i do have a few scars though from when i use to squeeze and pick at them.

do you guys know of something that may help with my case? i'd like to have an idea so that i can give my doctor a better understanding. i want clear skin, hopefully soon before i start college back up in the fall.

tell him how it makes you feel, and if he doesnt give it to you, change doctors and ask again

xYoungNx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    accutane fukks up your liver..and if you drink while taking it...then your liver is gettin double damage.

use retin-a micro, it's basically like topical accutane and doesn't do any internal damage. but you have to wear sunscreen everyday or your skin will get photodamaged.

don't tan...u might look good now, but u'll have serious skin problems when u're in ur 30s/40s. use sunless tanners instead, it's the ****.

the_law has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_law has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_law has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_law has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    seriously.. HERE HIS YOUR ANSWER

soap... twice a day or more...(after you wash do not touch your face for a while cuz your pores are opened and you dont want to dirty them more)... give it a week to a month, you will have a baby face no doubt