comixdaveo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) comixdaveo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) comixdaveo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) comixdaveo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) comixdaveo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) comixdaveo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) comixdaveo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) comixdaveo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) comixdaveo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) comixdaveo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) comixdaveo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Pics of Lean Powerlifters?

Hey guys, I am wanting to start up a combination of powerlifting for the big three lifts and bodybuilding excercises like flyes, etc. I was just wondering if anyone had pics of lean, muscular powerlifters with a bodybuilder style look, i guess you could call them powerbuilders. Thats what I want, and I am looking for pictures of people who have done, hopefully naturally, but any will do. The only one I know of is mariuz pudzianowski and I heard he just got busted for steroids so I was just hopeing to see some pics to reafirm my choice to do powerbuilding. Thanks

Dave-O

Man, I_m Big has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Man, I_m Big has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Man, I_m Big has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Man, I_m Big has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Man, I_m Big has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Man, I_m Big has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Man, I_m Big has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Man, I_m Big has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Man, I_m Big has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Man, I_m Big has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Man, I_m Big has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Nothing, LOL.

nin10dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) nin10dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) nin10dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) nin10dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) nin10dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) nin10dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) nin10dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) nin10dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) nin10dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) nin10dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) nin10dude will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Don't bother trying to do both at once. Do a strength routing for a while, 3 months perhaps. If you're not happy with your resulting increase in muscular size, switch to a bodybuilding routine. Then go back to strength, and so on.

And imo there are no powerlifters with a "bodybuilder style look" because bodybuilders spend so much time on ***g0ty pumping exercises to make their look. What you will find on a powerlifter with low bodyfat is this: A rugged physique with a look of raw, brute strength. Highly preferable to what I see in bodybuilders, imo.
    www.redvsblue.com

sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

I don't agree. Look at the links I posted in this thread.

BBShort has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BBShort has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sure you can, it's tough but possible and you might not stay ripped year round but pro bodybuilders don't stay perfect either. Ronnie Coleman and Dorian Yates are notorious for putting on a ton of weight in the off-season, so you have to decide what's important to you. But check these guys out for lean powerlifters, Ryan Kennelly and Joe Ladiner. There are others who come to mind, Chuck Vogelpuhl is ripped but I couldn't find any good pics. Sorry if these guys aren't natural but that's the way the pros work. Personally, since switching to powerlfiting about eight months ago I've gained nearly 25 pounds of lean mass. Focus of heavy weight for a couple of core moves then let the rest be higher-rep assistance work, that's essentially how Westside Barbell bases their routine and we just do a higher volume version. Works pretty well.
    Attached Images

You are not what you own. dookie1481's Avatar
    dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
    -Abraham Maslow

"Ass busting work + consistency + time = results.
    Burn that into your head and quit looking for quick fixes and secrets. Because they don't exist."
    -Lyle McDonald

"You can't overwhelm idiots with knowledge, but, sadly, the knowledgable can be overwhelmed by idiots."
    -Charlie Francis

Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by comixdaveo
    Hey guys, I am wanting to start up a combination of powerlifting for the big three lifts and bodybuilding excercises like flyes, etc. I was just wondering if anyone had pics of lean, muscular powerlifters with a bodybuilder style look, i guess you could call them powerbuilders. Thats what I want, and I am looking for pictures of people who have done, hopefully naturally, but any will do. The only one I know of is mariuz pudzianowski and I heard he just got busted for steroids so I was just hopeing to see some pics to reafirm my choice to do powerbuilding. Thanks

Dave-O
    I hear you on this. I am relatively new to powerlifting and have been bodybuilding for about 13 years. I've never competed in bodybuilding and am not likely to but have recently begun competing in powerlifting and love it.
    I do a combination of powerlifting and bodybuilding exercises during my training and am very strict with my nutrition with the aim of staying lean and looking strong and muscular. It makes sense to me that being leaner for a given bodyweight means you have more functional weight (muscle) in a given weight class. This may not matter if you wish to compete in the heaviest weight category (providing your lifts aren't worked out on a formula).
    I admit I still have much to learn about powerlifting but I have built up a good strength base while maintaining a bodybuilding style physique. I have always focussed on heavy compound lifts even before I got interested in powerlifting and I'm sure this has helped considerably with my strength. In my first comp last December, I managed to set a new Australian single lift deadlift record (with a raw lift of 352lbs) so I guess it is working for me

I have attached a couple of comp pics for you... The first one is from the December comp and the second one is from my second comp in March this year (which I did carefully with an injured back).
    These are not the prettiest pics of me but I tend to pull some weird faces when I'm lifting
    Attached Images
    Retired strongwoman and powerlifter. Now living for God!
    www.ausdisciples.com

* My posts prior to Nov 2008 do not reflect my new-found faith in Christ. I became Christian in Nov 2008.

Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Check out Deciever. I know he has pictures floating around but I don't have any on hand. He's not a bodybuilder but he's anything but fat.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=5310265
    "A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man." - Jebediah Springfield

RIP New and Improved! (Formerly Known As Just Shoot Me!) - 05/05/05