Persian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Persian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Persian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Persian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Persian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Persian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Persian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Persian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Persian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Persian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Persian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can You Live On Protein Shakes

hey can i consume the protein i need from shakes like if i need 200 grams of protein can i have 150 grams of protein from shakes and the other 50 from solid food or is that not rite!?!??!

BoDyBuIlDeR AT LaRgE nooneno12325265's Avatar
    nooneno12325265 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nooneno12325265 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nooneno12325265 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nooneno12325265 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nooneno12325265 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nooneno12325265 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nooneno12325265 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nooneno12325265 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nooneno12325265 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nooneno12325265 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nooneno12325265 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i would split it up like 60 food 40 shakes....u need solid foods and 60/40 is pushin it i think....but thats just me i always feel like i need more solidness then shake...i just dont feel full with them...and no u cant live in protein shakes
    Muscle costs money, question is how big can you afford to be?

Streetballa from the streets, and a freak in the sheets

bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Persian
    hey can i consume the protein i need from shakes like if i need 200 grams of protein can i have 150 grams of protein from shakes and the other 50 from solid food or is that not rite!?!??!
    I think you would end up replacing the time you would spend eating with time on the toilet.
    that is a lot of protein for your body to tolerate. maybe you can get away with it. but I would guess either you would get really bad gas, or you would be going to the bathroom every couple hours.

Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I am currently living off of Muscle Milk Cookies and Cream. For the past 2 months, it has made up 75% of my diet and I am in better shape than ever.

sickwitit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickwitit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickwitit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickwitit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickwitit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickwitit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickwitit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickwitit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickwitit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickwitit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickwitit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sure you cn live off of it if you want tyour insides to rot out. the body was made for real food, try it you will get leaner then ever

chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Protein shakes have no nutrients in them and don't think taking a multivitamin will cure that problem. Your body does not efficiently absorb nutrients from a pill, unfortunately. You are putting yourself at risk for malnutrition and other related illnesses by not getting nutrients from food.

Supplements are not the base of your diet, they are extras.
    Panthers/Tar Heels/Hurricanes/Durham Bulls

ANDROGENICALLY DINABOLTED Audiowaves252's Avatar
    Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    focus the majority of your protein intake on whole foods. i think of shakes as a type of "insurance".

Persian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Persian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Persian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Persian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Persian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Persian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Persian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Persian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Persian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Persian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Persian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ya i know ..i mean ...i eat lunch dinner and break fast solid but the other 3 i cant ...cuz i got no time ...for the other 3 meals

Jay Bisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay Bisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay Bisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay Bisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay Bisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay Bisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay Bisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay Bisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay Bisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay Bisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay Bisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    like the other chap said your system could tolerate them, youd be on the toilet

PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Persian
    ya i know ..i mean ...i eat lunch dinner and break fast solid but the other 3 i cant ...cuz i got no time ...for the other 3 meals
    3 meals and only 50g of protein? Not only do you need to eat more, you need to eat better meals, no shake in the world is going to make up for everyday dinners at McDonalds.

You really don't need to eat 6 times a day if you don't have the time for it, eat three good sized high quality meals, supplement with one shake pre workout and one shake PWO.

I get 100g of protein per day from my shakes and 400g from food, if i were to decrease protein intake (not that i would, unless i was forced to) the first thing to go would be one of the shakes.

Down 6% Bodyfat So Far phillipinoc's Avatar
    phillipinoc is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillipinoc is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillipinoc is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillipinoc is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillipinoc is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillipinoc is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillipinoc is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillipinoc is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillipinoc is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillipinoc is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillipinoc is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    last year when i dropped 70-80 lbs and increased lean mass by 15(lowball) I was pretty much on minimal food calories and all protiens shakes and mrb's. I never felt so good while doing that, i was constantly lifting and feeling awesome. All my lifts went really high fairly quickly without eating 10lbs of chicken.
    Started Mid June 2009 AGAIN @ 375
    11/2/09:326lbs -49lbs
    6/13/10:355lbs +31lbs

Goals:

Weigh 300lbs by Dec 31st 2010
    Bench 500lbs by Dec 31st 2010 (Current 420lbs)
    Deal Lift 700lbs by Dec 31st 2010 (Current 600lbs)

BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Question

Swede, you eat 500gr. of protein a day?
    Speller Extraordinaire. Don't believe the lies.

ac_surf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ac_surf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ac_surf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ac_surf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ac_surf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ac_surf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ac_surf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ac_surf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ac_surf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hahahaha this post make me kind of laugh myself

I few months back when I strated goign to the gym seriously and decided to gain size, I had the same question cause I "thought" i didn't have enough time for 6 meals and mrps' have a so many carbs and proteins so on.

I just found time now, I prepare my foods the night before and take them with me to school or work, sure sometimes is kind of embarassing to open your tuperware with all that food in front of your colleagues but, who cares just try to hide kinda.

I still drink the shakes though but, as a supplement because that's what they are. and I have them on strategic times, such as, right after workting out,when i wake up mixed with some solid foods and when i'm really on a hurry and have no time.

I can relate with some people here: after i upped my protein intake from solid foods and the shake, i started going to the bathroom around 2-3 times a day and i now have gases like no other.

but, i think that kind of varries between users, so you may want to try it out and see how it works for you.

ac_surf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ac_surf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ac_surf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ac_surf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ac_surf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ac_surf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ac_surf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ac_surf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ac_surf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BringnIt
    i'm no swede as you can see, but i eat around 350 and only weigh 160, so if you're big or trying to get big you definetly need that much

PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by BringnIt
    2g/lb of bodyweight, nothing out of the ordinary. (i don't cut down on protein when i'm cutting).

BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Didn't realize you were that big, you must be one huge mo fo. And AC, you require less protein when you're bulking than when you are cutting. Assuming you're natural.
    Speller Extraordinaire. Don't believe the lies.

hmm ...well all good ....i guess its alrite 2 have 3 meals and then have 4 shakes..each round 30 grams of protein ...

NurseJen79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking follow-up

Originally Posted by phillipinoc View Post
    last year when i dropped 70-80 lbs and increased lean mass by 15(lowball) I was pretty much on minimal food calories and all protiens shakes and mrb's. I never felt so good while doing that, i was constantly lifting and feeling awesome. All my lifts went really high fairly quickly without eating 10lbs of chicken.
    Hi Phillipinoc...just wondering how you are doing now...I want to drop 40lbs of cubbyness and tone up...was considering a 2 month protein shake diet to get bikini ready

how many shakes did you drink a day? everytime you were hungry? did you take anything with it? I was thinking a pill for dietary supplement and multivitamin.

thanks
    Jennifer