columbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) columbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) columbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) columbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) columbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) columbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) columbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) columbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) columbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) columbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) columbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Biceps / Triceps - Help (People with big arms come here)

Okay my measurements are 14" arms.. but they look so small in comparison to my chest, i just measured again to make sure and it still is 14"..

also i feel my arms are to skinny with 11 3/4" forearms aswell.. i need to add some weight to help, but im adding weight but it doesnt feel like theyre gaining any weight..

any help? what are some good exercizes to boost up the size of the triceps/biceps..

right now i mostly do
    dumbbell curls
    concentration curls
    preacher curls
    barbell curls

for tricep
    close grip benchpress
    tricep pressdown
    tricep 2 hand overhead extension
    (starting kickbacks on my next tricep day)

Ian Villis(not real name) illwill3's Avatar
    illwill3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) illwill3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) illwill3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) illwill3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) illwill3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) illwill3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) illwill3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) illwill3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) illwill3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) illwill3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) illwill3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I know exactly how you feel.

vdubyagolf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    kickbacks arent very good for gaining mass. try doing reverse grip bench press and dips. CGBP, reverse grip and dips are top 3 tricep exercises for gaining mass. for biceps i do DB preacher curls, incline db curls, high cable curls and chin ups with full extension

columbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) columbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) columbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) columbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) columbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) columbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) columbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) columbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) columbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) columbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) columbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I need to put on mass on my arms, i have a big full chest/back but not the same with arms because i neglected arms more in the first of working out.. i rahter have the big arms to the smaller chest ratio

Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by columbu
    Okay my measurements are 14" arms.. but they look so small in comparison to my chest, i just measured again to make sure and it still is 14"..

also i feel my arms are to skinny with 11 3/4" forearms aswell.. i need to add some weight to help, but im adding weight but it doesnt feel like theyre gaining any weight..

any help? what are some good exercizes to boost up the size of the triceps/biceps..

right now i mostly do
    dumbbell curls
    concentration curls
    preacher curls
    barbell curls

for tricep
    close grip benchpress
    tricep pressdown
    Those excerises are good it really just takes time.
    For personal training consultations email at sjvaldez2@yahoo.com

Originally Posted by vdubyagolf
    kickbacks arent very good for gaining mass. try doing reverse grip bench press and dips. CGBP, reverse grip and dips are top 3 tricep exercises for gaining mass. for biceps i do DB preacher curls, incline db curls, high cable curls and chin ups with full extension
    im going to start using d/b for preachers and also im going to start doing dips instead of kickbacks then, i heard good about them.. but i hurt my rotator cuff last time i tried them

josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My week one bicep routine looks like this -

Preacher Curls
    Standing Cable

Preacher Hammer Curls Machine
    Superset With
    Tricep Extenions

Seated Tricep Pushdowns
    Cable Kickbacks

Then I have a diff workout for the next week ..
    Attached Images

jkdman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jkdman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jkdman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jkdman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jkdman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jkdman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jkdman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jkdman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jkdman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jkdman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jkdman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by josh689

Preacher Curls
    Standing Cable

Superset With
    Tricep Extenions

Seated Tricep Pushdowns
    Cable Kickbacks

Your biceps look kinda small for your arm, is that fat on bottom of your arms or?

ladybird56t has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i feel i get my best mass for tri's with heavy skullcrushers, either 3x10, or 10, 8, 6... (for my basic workout anyway) and for bi's (which i hate working) i just do alternating and hammer curls 5x10 with 35's-that's all i have at home, and i do bi's at home... when i actually did arms at the gym, i would do 3x8 on preacher, and then 3x10 on both alternating and hammer curls-that was what i got the best results from in size.
    age-16
    height-5'10"
    weight-237
    bench-285
    squat-was 475 (but i had ACL reconstruction in November, so i don't know now)
    clean-was 215 (haven't pushed the knee that much)
    dead-450 (with a wrap)

want: by football season (August-ish)
    weight-220
    bench-325
    squat-550
    clean-250
    dead-550

FriendlyGiant is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FriendlyGiant is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FriendlyGiant is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FriendlyGiant is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FriendlyGiant is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FriendlyGiant is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FriendlyGiant is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FriendlyGiant is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FriendlyGiant is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FriendlyGiant is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FriendlyGiant is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Preacher Curls
    Standing Cable

Superset With
    Tricep Extenions

Seated Tricep Pushdowns
    Cable Kickbacks

your arms look fine dude. If it doesn't feel like your gettin a good workout with'em, make sure your doin' it with good form. if the weight's too easy put more on, till it hurts.

and make sure you do it to failure on every set, ain't no way you can't gain doin' that.

OH, make sure you do reverse curls, your arms can only get so big without workin the outside of your bicep, start do'in them

josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FriendlyGiant
    your arms look fine dude. If it doesn't feel like your gettin a good workout with'em, make sure your doin' it with good form. if the weight's too easy put more on, till it hurts.

and make sure you do it to failure on every set, ain't no way you can't gain doin' that.

OH, make sure you do reverse curls, your arms can only get so big without workin the outside of your bicep, start do'in them
    lol this isn't my post?? lol I was replying to him

FriendlyGiant is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FriendlyGiant is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FriendlyGiant is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FriendlyGiant is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FriendlyGiant is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FriendlyGiant is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FriendlyGiant is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FriendlyGiant is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FriendlyGiant is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FriendlyGiant is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FriendlyGiant is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    snap! quoted wrong dude, lol

well that was supposed to apply to the first guy, sorry'bout that

lol this isn't my post?? lol I was replying to him
    and ya i do do reverse curls 4 sets after bi's and tri's didn't include on there cause he was looking for a bi/tri workout

Talking

and ya i do do reverse curls 4 sets after bi's and tri's didn't include on there cause he was looking for a bi/tri workout
    ya i was gonna say, your arms didn't look 14 inch, lol, more like 17 or somethin, lol

Originally Posted by FriendlyGiant
    ya i was gonna say, your arms didn't look 14 inch, lol, more like 17 or somethin, lol
    lol thanks bro .. idk how big they are haven't measured in a while but I'm guessing your somewhat close ..

ya, and for 15 that's friggin' crazy, you look like this one big kid in my school that can max bench around 365. He's huge, lol

Corzel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corzel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corzel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corzel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corzel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corzel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corzel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corzel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corzel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corzel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corzel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Its true it really does take time. Maybe up the weight a little bit and really feel the pump. Also dont work parts of your body more then the rest. SEE neglecting arms wasnt such a good idea. Just cause you want bigger arms now doesnt mean stop working out your chest and back. Just eat right and keep with it and the size will come.
    PUMP IT LIKE ARNOLD!

always bet on yourself! YOUNGBLOOD36's Avatar
    YOUNGBLOOD36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    to gain bicept mass do alot of heavy barbell curls..i have found that useful for gaining serious mass....curently i rep 135 for 4 sets of 8

just make sure u go heavy and try to keep cheating to a minimal

my arms are currently 17.5 in

hope this helps
    i dont know...its the battle.the going to war with the other guys...being different than anyone else...not everyone can play football.. we are the lucky ones

icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    it all comes down to your height a 5ft7 guy with 14" guns will look quite big but for a 6ft+ guy they wont look as big.

i would love 14inchers, im just over 13" and im 5ft7.
    Starting Weight: 125lbs - dec 2004
    Weight Now: 190lbs - April 2009
    Future Goal: 200lbs
    Height: 5ft 8inches
    Training Time: 4years 5Months

Updated: April 09
    Pic is in my Profile!!
    65lbs gained - 4years 2Months

" Bodybuilding starts from the fridge! that doesnt mean deadlift it! " LOL

Man, I_m Big has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Man, I_m Big has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Man, I_m Big has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Man, I_m Big has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Man, I_m Big has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Man, I_m Big has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Man, I_m Big has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Man, I_m Big has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Man, I_m Big has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Man, I_m Big has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Man, I_m Big has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by columbu

right now i mostly do
    dumbbell curls
    concentration curls
    preacher curls
    barbell curls

for tricep
    close grip benchpress
    tricep pressdown
    Eat, it seems like you're doing things right. Man, it takes time.

gokugoku has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gokugoku has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gokugoku has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gokugoku has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gokugoku has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

columbu

how big is ur chest

Captain of Crush(wannabe) UWBodyBuilder's Avatar
    UWBodyBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UWBodyBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UWBodyBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UWBodyBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UWBodyBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UWBodyBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UWBodyBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UWBodyBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i'm 5'11" and 15" look tiny, not cool at all it's cuz it's all in my tris
    Squeeze, REALLY HARD

Bench: 225 for reps
    Squat: 355 for reps
    Deadlift: 350 for reps

Halfroman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Halfroman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Halfroman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Halfroman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Halfroman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Halfroman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Halfroman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Halfroman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Halfroman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Halfroman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Halfroman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Do as follows, rotate excercises, keep it heavy... you'll have some massive guns in no time brother.

Straight barbell curls

Dumbell curls

Hammer curls

EZ Bar curls.

Forget everything else, just overload those excercises and keep the sets low (maximum 5) with heavy weight.

Tri's

Extensions (with cable and bar)

Skullcrushes (extending past your forhead for increased stretch)

One/Two arm overhead extensions

Tricep dips

That's it, same principals as above. Happy training.

Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    http://www.heavyweights.net/forums/t...?TOPIC_ID=5525

I came across this awhile back. Seems to make sense. Might help. . .I've switched some things around to suit this. Not for long enough to tell if it works though.

Read the first post in that link and see what you think.

Basically it suggests train your larger muscles(Legs/back mostly) to drive the growth of small muscles. . .the main reasons for this is because your small muscles will try to stay small relative to the bigger muscles. . .that's the way we are genetically designed to be and training increases release of HGH(human growth hormone) and testosterone. . .the biggest muscle groups of course cause much greater increases than smaller ones can.

TheBiggest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what i do to get big arms is do my regular workout but for a few sets just go really slow for about 8-10 reps with heavy weight. works for me

weight: 200
    height:5'9
    bench: 285
    squat: 525
    cleans: 260
    body fat %: 9
    biceps: 17 1/2

sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have 18in arms and I have found out something weird about my arm development. My Tris react best to heavy lifting, in the 4-8 rep range and my biceps react best to a slightly higher rep range. Probably around 6-15 reps. My tris have gotten by far the most growth from close grip bench (with the EZ curl bar) and my BIs have gotten a lot of growth by doing standing flat bar bell curls with my back against the wall and preacher curls. Both of which work the lower half of the curl. To work on my peaks I either use a machine or cable curls and just focus on the top half of the curl with great concentration on really contracting those BIs as hard as I possibly can.

juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000)
    you gotta add more overall mass to your frame and then youll add more arm size.

recomended exercises

heavy ez or bb curls
    incline db curls
    alternating db curls
    standing high cable T curls

close grip press
    dips
    lying tricep extension
    reverse grip pushdowns( these really give you that horseshoe, and most people dont do em)

JC

Get out of my face! equilibrium's Avatar
    equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    WOW, josh you got huge arms for a 15 year old, amazing keep up the good work.

juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by equilibrium
    WOW, josh you got huge arms for a 15 year old, amazing keep up the good work.

i dont necesarilly agree with that bro.

hes kinda puggy, his arms have no peak, there big, but HE is a big boy, you can tell by that pic, id bet you that he plays football, probably an O lineman.

JC

vdubyagolf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by juanca
    i dont necesarilly agree with that bro.

hes kinda puggy, his arms have no peak, there big, but HE is a big boy, you can tell by that pic, id bet you that he plays football, probably an O lineman.

JC

dude your 20 and this kid has twice the size arms you have. stop ****ing making stupid comments when u cant back anything up. the kid is ****ing huge and your ****ing ugly and your small. your such a cocky ***got and you need to shut your ugly mouth.