Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

mr_moto_civic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mr_moto_civic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mr_moto_civic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mr_moto_civic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mr_moto_civic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mr_moto_civic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mr_moto_civic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mr_moto_civic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mr_moto_civic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mr_moto_civic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mr_moto_civic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)

Homebrewed Pre-Shave Lotion

For those who use electric shavers, I've come across a great pre-shave formula. Firstly, I've used William's Lectric Shave lotion, and it gave me a great shave but I hated the smell. It has a strong, cheap perfume odor that lingers around forever. I needed something just as effective as Lectric Shave, but odorless. Here it is:

Ingredients-

70% Rubbing Alcohol
    Sweet Almond Oil

The alcohol makes your whiskers stand up. The oil provides a very light lubrication. The mix is a 7:1 ratio - 7 parts rubbing alcohol to 1 part almond oil. Pour the concoction into a flip top travel bottle, shake well and apply to your face. I use a cotton square pad. Leave it on for 15 seconds for the alcohol to evaporate, then shave. The electric shaver will glide over your face. The shave will be CLOSE. You can hear the beard being cut. I'm really impressed with this homemade pre-shave. It's actually better than Lectric Shave, much cheaper and no smell.

You can buy sweet almond oil at the health food store. Four ounces is only $3.00. This oil is used for massage because it's odorless and it's so light - not greasy at all.

Some people use a 6:1 alcohol/oil ratio for more emollient effect. Others use 91% alcohol for more astringent effect. I'm still experimenting, but it seems the 7:1 is best for me.
    Last edited by mr_moto_civic; 09-09-2007 at 04:15 PM.