Misc Armchair Counsellor MantisShrimp's Avatar
    MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000)

Question What happened to the Nautilus Pullover?

The super pullover was the most incredible lat isolation machine ever. Now the Nautilus site is filled with mostly pop products, stair masters, etc. Can only find used ones here and there on ebay and what not. Anyone know if they abandoned the manufacture of this machine?
    Live Laugh Love,
    MantisShrimp
    Misc Armchair Counsellor

C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yep, excellent machine. I've seen a few on eBay but they've been too far away for me to bother bidding. I'm not sure if it's still being made or not, but remember that today's Nautilus isn't in the hands of the same people it was 25 years ago, so that's why you see a lot of the pop products you mentioned.

pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100)
    Even if the old equipment's made, the high prices and design changes would make used Nautilus a better choice for most. There's a guy on the west coast who specializes in refurbing and selling old Nautilus equipment, and Ebay will yield results with a little patience.

The pullover seems a classic to anyone who's used it. At the other end of the spectrum, there were a number of machines they made that never impressed me. Have to pick and choose with any manufacturer.
    Last edited by pumpster; 04-10-2005 at 07:10 PM.

Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by MantisShrimp
    The super pullover was the most incredible lat isolation machine ever. Now the Nautilus site is filled with mostly pop products, stair masters, etc. Can only find used ones here and there on ebay and what not. Anyone know if they abandoned the manufacture of this machine?
    http://www.nautilus.com/catalog/prod...=1113176280171

MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Hey thanks Ace!

I was unable to find that by both clicking around, and using the google site: command from a search engine.
    Live Laugh Love,
    MantisShrimp
    Misc Armchair Counsellor

pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100)

BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i prefre freeweights...barbell row..deadlift...pull ups

Originally Posted by BarbellSquat
    i prefre freeweights...barbell row..deadlift...pull ups
    Well, I partially agree with you. My personal favorite BBer is Dorian Yates. After watching the Dorian Yates Blood and Guts video, I noted that he performs:

Barbell Rows: Rhomboids
    Deadlifts: Erectors
    Nautilus Pullover: Lats

He does not regularly do pullups. Pullups exhaust the biceps and forearms. Since the back is a larger muscle group, forearm and bicep strength will ALWAYS limit back poundages, and thus growth. This is why noone does, and noone has, had a back like Dorian's since Dorian. The machine in question is the perfect isolation tool for lats, it improves upon barbell pullovers. Dorian uses the Nautilus Pullover, and he uses it hard. I knew this from an interview before I ever saw it in the video.

This is Dorian Yates, whose lats are so big he looks photoshopped.
    http://www.heart-health-diet.com/ima...an-yates-2.jpg
    Live Laugh Love,
    MantisShrimp
    Misc Armchair Counsellor

Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by MantisShrimp
    Hey thanks Ace!

I was unable to find that by both clicking around, and using the google site: command from a search engine.
    http://www.nautilus.com/catalog/prod...=1113215103812

That one is called the Super.

Machines are just as good as free weights, sometimes they're better, as in the case of the Nautilus pullover. Yates uses a lot of the Hammer Strenght machines.