Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000)

Early morning Pre-WO - what works for you?

OK, before you ask me to search the forums, I have a quite specific question with a more detailed response desired than I could find on the search. Also I believe new research and ideas have been put forth since Alan’s sticky.

So, I’m just starting to change my lifting to first thing in the morning, I start 15mins after I wake up. I could (and will) simply experiment with pre-WO nutrition, but I would like some opinions.

At first thought, dex+whey seems like a good idea. Fast absorbing, get carbs and protein in the blood quickly to start the workout. However, I’m slightly concerned about crashing blood sugar before I finish the workout. In fact I didn’t like this too much last time I tried it. I could perhaps experiment with the quantities or add something to slow digestion.

My preferred options for slower absorbing carbs would be something like yogurt, milk and/or some fruit. However, even with the low GI, I’m going to spike insulin (with the dairy) and risk shuttling off all those carbs out of the bloodstream before I finish (or not?). Yes-I don’t want to hear about low GI=low insulin, but if you think I’ll be OK or should add something (like fruit or fat) I’d like to hear about it and why.

I like the idea of taking in milk or yogurt from the protein perspective – a bit fast digesting whey, then more slower digesting anti-catabolic casein. I’ve heard the whey and casein fractions separate during digestion so you do get the whey up front. When I lifted later, I usually had a solid whole-food meal 60-90 mins beforehand which worked well.

I’m not too keen on oats, they would take too long to prepare. Cold yam or sweet potato would be more likely candidates for low GI non-dairy carbs. I’d eat this with either whey shake or cottage cheese for casein.

I’d also take CEE and caffeine first thing. I’ve found the caffeine usually kicks in 15 mis after starting the workout.

Ideas? Suggestions? Other things I should try?

afftonz28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afftonz28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afftonz28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afftonz28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afftonz28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afftonz28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afftonz28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afftonz28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afftonz28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afftonz28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afftonz28 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Oats only take about 3-4 mins in the microwave. I do oats and egg whites or an egg white sandwich. Or a banana and a protein shake.

Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The best pre-workout shake that I've experienced is mixing 1 cup 1% milk, 1 scoop whey (chocolate), 1 TBSP of peanut butter, 1/2 cup of oats, and ice. Blend it all and its delicious. Gives me plenty of energy for my workout.

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Before cardio only- 1 scoop of whey
    If I lift -1 cup dry oats 1.5 scoops of whey
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks.

I will try dry oats, but without blending I'm not sure how they will go down. Yes they only take a few minutes to cook, but the whole prep+cook+eating is 10 mins + makes a lot of noise. I have to wake up (without an alarm - so sometimes 10 mins is 10 mins less I have to work out) and get down to the basement without waking the wife or kids.

Anyone tried cold, pre-cooked oats? Just thought of that.

Of course by 'Workout' I mean lifting.

uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1.5 cups of Kashi Go Lean
    50g Apple
    100g Strawberry
    1 cup skim milk
    Multivitamin, Vitamin E, Chromium, Mg/Ca, R-ALA

30 minutes later
    1 scoop neurostim + uhockey's proprietary nootropic mix + water

30 minutes later directly pre-gym
    2 scoops Xtend + water
    My place in here at bb.com is as a fitness enthusiast and recommendations do not represent medical advice. Please consult your examining physician for all medical concerns.

I'm not a "rep," and most "reps":
    1) are no more credentialed than you. 2) have no input and no understanding of their product formulations. 3) are merely paid in free product from the company they represent.

http://www.drivensports.co.uk/
    http://www.getds.com/

mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000)
    Whey and oatmeal first thing in the morning! It's great!
    "Also I do recommend steroids for all depressed males, and not anti depressants." - Nasser El Sonbaty IFBB PRO 2007

Originally Posted by uhockey
    1.5 cups of Kashi Go Lean
    50g Apple
    100g Strawberry
    1 cup skim milk
    Multivitamin, Vitamin E, Chromium, Mg/Ca, R-ALA

30 minutes later
    1 scoop neurostim + uhockey's proprietary nootropic mix + water

30 minutes later directly pre-gym
    2 scoops Xtend + water
    The point is that I'm going to start lifting within 15 mins of eating/getting up, so I need energy fast as well as enough to last 45 mins. Oats seem to go though me fairly quickly if I dont add fats, so although I said I probably was not going to do oats, I will try making them the night before and see what they are like cold after being in the fridge overnight. I'll cook them with milk and add some whey and water if necessary in the morning.

ImPumpingIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImPumpingIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImPumpingIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImPumpingIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImPumpingIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImPumpingIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImPumpingIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImPumpingIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImPumpingIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImPumpingIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImPumpingIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just grind up the oats the night before and when you wake up mix a scoop or two of whey. Mix some water and thats it. I usually have a tuna sandwich and a banana and I workout about 30-45 minutes after I wake up.
    LIFT HARD, LIFT SMART, LEAVE EDUCATED!!!

My supplement review thread
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2109421

My instinct was to win, eliminate anyone who is in my competition, destroy my enemy, and move on without any kind of hesitation at all.

-Arnold Schwarzeneggar

"When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength"
    - Arnold Schwarzeneggar

grndmstrflsch will become famous soon enough. (+50) grndmstrflsch will become famous soon enough. (+50) grndmstrflsch will become famous soon enough. (+50) grndmstrflsch will become famous soon enough. (+50) grndmstrflsch will become famous soon enough. (+50) grndmstrflsch will become famous soon enough. (+50) grndmstrflsch will become famous soon enough. (+50) grndmstrflsch will become famous soon enough. (+50) grndmstrflsch will become famous soon enough. (+50) grndmstrflsch will become famous soon enough. (+50) grndmstrflsch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    one scoop of whey with 4-6 oz's of water.

for carbs, many people would say oatmeal. lets be reasonable though. the guy is gonna lift in 15 minutes. i dont know about you guys, but id feel too bloated to lift if i ahd a cup of oats before lifting. heres my opinion.

ORGANIC granola. a half cup of this stuff packs 30-35g healthy carbs. thats not the only reason for granola over oats (if your gonna be working out that soon after waking). its a small portion of food. it wont make you feel bloated before lifting, like a cup of oatmeal would.

down another 6-8 oz's of water after eating the granola.

hope this helps!
    [url]http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=kevdoggincy[/url]