Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

BlockMan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BlockMan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BlockMan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BlockMan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BlockMan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BlockMan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BlockMan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BlockMan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BlockMan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BlockMan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BlockMan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Bracketing technique!

Hi!

A very famous discovery during the latest years has been the bracketing technique. Bracketing is when you take a pre-workout supplementation mix, a post-workout supplementation mix and one meal+protein shake three times after the workout, with 1 hour intervals. On one web site I read that this is one of the best ways of getting steroid like effects all natural. The reason is that the recovery is very good and therefor you can train more frequently and make better gains in strength and size.

The thing about this technique is that it is causing pretty much meals, something you might not have time for. On one page I read that many are failing with the technique because they don't eat the three meals after the workout. I am one of them, I just haven't had the time for it.

But I wonder, has any of you guys tried this technique properly? What can you say about it?

Stats: 5'7", 175 lbs
    BodyPoints: 1469
    Scott LaPierre is a name known to all. (+5000) Scott LaPierre is a name known to all. (+5000) Scott LaPierre is a name known to all. (+5000) Scott LaPierre is a name known to all. (+5000) Scott LaPierre is a name known to all. (+5000) Scott LaPierre is a name known to all. (+5000) Scott LaPierre is a name known to all. (+5000) Scott LaPierre is a name known to all. (+5000) Scott LaPierre is a name known to all. (+5000) Scott LaPierre is a name known to all. (+5000) Scott LaPierre is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit Scott LaPierre's BodySpace
    I'm a big fan of the bracketing method. I'm assuming you read about it on the AST website? Some people might not give it the credit due, because AST pushes their products so dogmatically when making recommendations like the bracketing method; however, just because they push their products doesn't mean the bracketing method, or some of their other recommendations don't work.

I use the bracketing method, follow Max-OT, and look at the AST website daily, but I don't use a single one of their supplements.

As far as getting in the postworkout meals they recommend, it is very difficult. I actually thought it was more than 3 meals they recommend in the hours postworkout. Personally, I bracket my workouts with a pre, and postworkout shake, then 1.5 hours late, I have some oatmeal (a slower digesting, lower glycemic carb source) and a protein source like chicken or tuna. Then I eat again about two hours later, right before bed, and that meal usually consists of a protein source like turkey burgers, egg whites, or chicken, and a vegetable and a tablespoon of EFA's.

So even though I bracket my workouts with a pre and postworkout shake, I don't take in all the meals they recommend after working out. I think a pre and postworkout shake is very beneficial though, especially if you're trying to gain muscle size and strength.

Best of luck!
    John 14:6 - I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one can come to the Father except through Me.

Check out my training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107752141

Check out my myspace I share with my wife:
    myspace.com/scottnkatie

Body-for-Life Grand Champion

BlockMan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BlockMan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BlockMan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BlockMan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BlockMan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BlockMan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BlockMan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BlockMan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BlockMan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BlockMan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BlockMan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Thanks for the reply! What would be interesting to know is how well it works if you do follow the bracketing technique properly. I have read about this technique both on ast-sport, optimum nutrition and bodybuilding.com and they all tell it's great! One thing I noticed on optimum nutrition's website is that they tell that most of the bodybuilders don't know when they should eat to get the optimum results of the workouts and that the two most common mistakes are that they eat a regular meal or drink a protein shake after the workout. They continue by saying that this is the biggest mistake that you can make and that it's more or less a miracle if you make any muscles at all on this kind of an approach. This is rather strong words... They reference to science...!

Most bodybuilders cannot follow the bracketing method because it is too time consuming and therefore very difficult to follow. But if you simplify the cooking/eating process you could do it at least sometimes. If ON really tell the truth it is very important to really eat those post workout meals. It should speed up the recovery very much which in turn makes you able to do more progress faster.

Lok7y has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lok7y has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lok7y has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lok7y has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lok7y has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lok7y has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lok7y has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lok7y has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lok7y has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lok7y has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lok7y has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    I'm a big fan of the bracketing method. I'm assuming you read about it on the AST website? Some people might not give it the credit due, because AST pushes their products so dogmatically when making recommendations like the bracketing method; however, just because they push their products doesn't mean the bracketing method, or some of their other recommendations don't work.
    AST is hardly the inventor--or only advocate--of the "bracketing method". Numerous sources have been recommending an integrated approach to pre and post-workout nutrition for years, well before AST got on the band-wagon.

It will certainly foster anabolism (although once you get outside the direct pre and post-workout time-frame you just need protein--whether it comes from a shake or a piece of steak is moot). It's not going to give you "steroid-like effects" though; it will just come close to optimizing substrate availability for protein-synthesis post-workout.
    Last edited by Lok7y; 04-10-2005 at 02:08 AM.
    It seems these poets have nothing up their ample sleeves...

[url]www.AvantLabs.com[/url]

[email]chris@avantlabs.com[/email]

BodyPoints: 23772
    uhockey has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) uhockey has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) uhockey has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) uhockey has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) uhockey has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) uhockey has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) uhockey has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) uhockey has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) uhockey has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) uhockey has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) uhockey has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit uhockey's BodySpace
    My place in here at bb.com is as a fitness enthusiast and recommendations do not represent medical advice. Please consult your examining physician for all medical concerns.

I'm not a "rep," and most "reps":
    1) are no more credentialed than you. 2) have no input and no understanding of their product formulations. 3) are merely paid in free product from the company they represent.

http://www.drivensports.co.uk/
    http://www.getds.com/