swish31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Suggestions to reach calories/macros.

Hello,

I searched for some threads but didnt quite get an answer for me.
    I have been bulking(along with working out 5 days a week) for about a month now and I just dont seem to be able to reach my calorie needs. I am trying to get about 2700 calories per day. My goal is to get to about 165-170 pounds, and then cut to decrease BF. I started at 155 and after a month i'm at 156.5 so obviously Im not reaching my calorie needs. One thing to note is that I estimate my calories/macros everyday to be around 2700 and then look at my weight weekly to guide my diet.

So my questions are:

1. I have really tried to keep my diet clean( i really only eat PB, oatmeal, whole wheat bread, chicken, whey shakes, occasionally protein bars, Whole Milk for the calories, fruits, etc). Its really hard for me to reach 2700 as i really dont feel good eating that much. Do you think its okay if I eat small amounts of "bad" food to try to reach my caloric needs? What is the negative about eating a little bad food(possibly gaining more fat than lean muscle)? Im not looking for a pass to cheat a clean diet or anything, just looking for a guideline.

2. Since i am a relative beginner at working out, do you think I am at a phase where I am burning fat and gaining muscle so my weight is staying constant? I feel like i gained strength and parts of my physique are more defined so im confused about the weight situation

Note: I am doing cardio 2 times a week as well(running, HIIT). I understand that i have only been bulking for a month but i just wanted some insight from people who have experience about bulking/cutting.

Thanks

Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1. Bulking is not a matter of the food you eat. Its about calories in must be higher than calories out. What you eat is up too you as long as it fits.

2. Dont really over expect from noob gains if that is what your referring too. Just look at the mirror and ur scale. Measure urself for progress

If you have been eating and not gaining weight.. Eat more