TurboRSX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How To Gain Weight/mass/anything!

Hi, I am a newbie to this site and I just want to say a couple things about myself. I am 18, 160 Lbs, 5' 11'' and I just don't know where the hell to start regarding gaining weight and muscle. What should I do? Should I take supplements? Heavy Weight gainer? Muscle Milk? Creatine? I work out a lot too, but I just cant god damn gain weight, which is killing me, thanks for reading...

sails.away has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sails.away has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sails.away has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sails.away has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sails.away has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sails.away has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sails.away has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sails.away has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sails.away has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sails.away has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sails.away has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    read up, protien is your friend..

TurboRSX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so am I supposed to take like 160 x 2 = 320 grams of protein a day? HOW the hell is that possible?

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Check out this article. It should give you a basic foundation for diet...

http://johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/complete.htm
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

Limit Break will become famous soon enough. (+50) Limit Break will become famous soon enough. (+50) Limit Break will become famous soon enough. (+50) Limit Break will become famous soon enough. (+50) Limit Break will become famous soon enough. (+50) Limit Break will become famous soon enough. (+50) Limit Break will become famous soon enough. (+50) Limit Break will become famous soon enough. (+50) Limit Break will become famous soon enough. (+50) Limit Break will become famous soon enough. (+50) Limit Break will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No, you should take a little more grams of protein than the amount of lbs of your body weight. So for you, 170 is good.

You are not what you own. dookie1481's Avatar
    dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    im so sick and tired of hearing people who just started training who say they cant gain weight. jeez ive heard this crap so often. every day it seems i have some stupid kid ask me about how to gain weight... in resturants, at the grocery store, yo uname it. for some reason there seems to be a sign on my back or something. usually i know its worthless to talk to them, sometimes i actually waste my time. talked to a kid at the golden corral a couple of days ago. took almost an hour when i should have been enjoying my all you can eat steak night... 3 days later i see him in the gym when i just happened to go in to talk to a friend who i knew was there... kid was there doing preacher curls. said hi to me, then said well i talked to my friend about what you said and he said he tried it once and overtrained so i decided to do this thing i read about... on the other hand about 6 months ago i talked to this 6' tall, 150lb kid who wanted to know about getting stronger. kid had done well in judo, won some titles, also after that had done cycling, turned pro then quit a year later, quite a good road racer. he actually did what i told him i guess, about 3 months after i saw him the first time i saw hiim again, he weighed about 185... he wanted to try olympic weightlifting so i let him train with the team i coach. now hes weighing 204 and clean and jerking about 300lbs, 54lbs gained in 6 months. no drugs. olympic squat from 175lbs to 385lbs, front squat from 150lbs to 330lbs. hell be a good lifter, has a good work ethic. needs to be 240 and fairly lean, will compete eventually in the 231 pound class. will take about another 12-15 months i suppose. why is a kid like this the exception and not the rule? why will kids do the same old thing for years in the abscense of results, and not try anything new? what the hell is wrong with people. there is a gym in town, i know the owner so i go and talk to him sometimes, there are all these kids in there, skinny little ****s, doing curls. they never progress, you see the same faces one year to the next, same bodies too. my biggest problem has always been keeping the weight of my lifters down. i usually know what weight class they should be in based on height and build... we get them there then they are always dieting to keep weight down! i have a 77kilo kid (169) who will be on the pan-american team this year if he can keep his weight under control. when he started he was 145lbs. now hes a real solid 180, abs like crazy at 180lbs. he cuts weight like crazy to get to 169... thatys always the problem, keeping weight under control. oh well, guess im done ranting about that. stupid people. who needs them

Diet Rules For Hardgainers

1. Vary your protein intake- Don't eat the same god damn amount of protein all the ****ing time. Have you ever tried to eat 600 ****ing grams of protein per day for months on end??? Do you know how much that ****ing sux?? Trust me it does. Nothings worse then getting up at 3 am in so much pain and then going into the restroom and straining to **** out a whole undigested chicken breast that you ****ing stuffed down your throat with water before bed just so you could get enough protien in for the day. The body adapts to a high protein intake by becoing more proficient at breaking down protein. Therefore you should work in short cycles where you really go for the gains for a short time and then back off for a while. Vince Gironda used to recommend a bodybuilder only try to go all out for short periods of 4 weeks. During this time he's have his guys consuming up to a lb of protein powder per ****ing day, 3 dozen eggs, cream, lbs of chicken, and god know what else. They'd go all out for 4 weeks really trying to push up the numbers on the scale. Larry Scott was one of Vinces followers and never even bothered to train unless he could take in a lb o f protein and cream. He knew it wouldn't do him any good so why bother? This would then be followed up with a 2 week vegetarian type diet where the calories were lowered, protein was lowered, and the digestive system was given a break. I recommend you do the same thing.....go for gains for 4-8 weeks and then back off for a couple of weeks.

2. Now as for protein choices I recommend if you're having trouble getting in enough food that you stick to easier to consume choices such as dark meat chicken, whole eggs, steak, hamburgers, pork chops, and even **** like fried chicken. **** this dried chicken breast and canned tuna bull****. If you're not puttin gon weight you're not eating enoguh calories that's all there is to it. Change your protein sources, get more claories, and you'll gain weight simple as that. I used to know a bodybuilder who would go to McDonalds everyday and buy ten .99 cent hamburgers and carry them around all day and eat them periodically. He'd also mix 1/2 lb of protein with 1/2 gallon of milk, put it in an oversized thermos and sip on it throughout the day. You'd be more then amazed what the pros eat during the offseason. Suffice to say they're not eating anywhere near as clean as what you think. I remember Dorian Yates polished off an entire 2 gallon tub of ice cream at a guest posing in Australia and this was just a between meal snack. Gunnar Sikk, a coach from Canada, sat down to eat at a restauraint and drank 2 large milkshakes before he even started his meal. The list goes on and on. I've seen guys sit down and polish off 2 large pizzas and then be ready to eat again 3 hours later. You won't find a bodybuilder who isn't also a big eater.

3. Eat your protein first at each meal and as soon as you got that down your throat go ahead and eat whatever the hell else you want to. When you sit down to eat go ahead and clear all the protien off your plate first. Once you've done that go ahead and go your own way with th ecarbs. 100 calories worth of pancake syrup will build just as much muscle as 100 calories worth of baked potato. Yeah I know the syrup isn't healthy and isn't clean but if your limiting factor is how much food you can get down your throat then you need to get more calories and if that means consuming the junk carbs then have at it. Once you get the scale creeeping up in the right direction you can worry about everything else. In fact former IFBB pro Dave Fisher used to say that he would simply make sure he got enough protein in at each meal but with carbohydrate intake he woudl do his own thing. That meant he'd load up on ****ing toast with jelly, kiddie cereal, pancakes, and anything else he desired. The proteins what's gonna build the muscle but it's gotta be supported with enough overall calorie intake.

3. Don't run out of food - This should come as a no brainer but if you wanna make gains you gotta plan out your dietary intake and have all your food ready to go ahead of time. Nothing ****ing sux then running out of food in the middle of a bulking cycle. I know one bodybuilder who spent all his extra money on his first cycle of injectable steroids but failed to save up any moeny to buy any food to stock up his kitchen with! He ended up losing about 5 lbs within 3 weeks and was pissed off. So plan your food intake and purchase it ahead of time. I recommend you become friends with some redneck deer hunters that way you can stock your freezer with some deer meat. See if you can find where you can purchase some steak in bulk. Purchase big bags of rice, oats, etc. in bulk instead of at the grocery store. Go to Sams and purchase as many of those big ass containers of eggs as you can. In fact, go ahead and stock your god damn refrigerator, freezer, and cupboard as if your'e preparing for the 2nd coming. Your body will thank you.
    "When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
    -Abraham Maslow

"Ass busting work + consistency + time = results.
    Burn that into your head and quit looking for quick fixes and secrets. Because they don't exist."
    -Lyle McDonald

"You can't overwhelm idiots with knowledge, but, sadly, the knowledgable can be overwhelmed by idiots."
    -Charlie Francis