Registered User user45641321464321321's Avatar
    user45641321464321321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is it bad to eat oatmeal before taking a nap?

I always need to take a nap before I hit the gym because of work, the problem is that I usually get hungry when I get out of work but I don't want to eat a meal before I sleep since it will screw up my cutting goal....so I'm wondering if eating a bowl of those instant oatmeal before I pass out would be a good idea since it digest fast?

corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    well, in the first place, if your going with a clean diet. you dont want instant oatmeal, or instant anything for that matter. but when you sleep, even a nap, your metabolism slows down. i dont think it will store as fat( but im 16, and your 31 so...could possibly make a difference ), but you shouldnt take a very long nap. no longer than an hour id say.

eating straight carbs, are you sure your gonna be able to fall asleep? why are you tired after work anyway, make sure to eat breakfast.
    GOAL: BUILD LEAN MASS
    SUPPLEMENTS: whey protein & creatine mono
    http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html - exercises
    http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php - food
    http://www.nutritiondata.com - calorie counter
    http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1268956 - clean bulking
    http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=292tc2 - MY MOTIVATION

armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Talking

lol, there's nothing wrong with eating carbs before a nap.... napping is just like sitting....

before bed time then I'll say leave the carbs....
    doesn't watch t.v.

armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by corple
    well, in the first place, if your going with a clean diet. you dont want instant oatmeal, or instant anything for that matter. but when you sleep, even a nap, your metabolism slows down. i dont think it will store as fat( but im 16, and your 31 so...could possibly make a difference ), but you shouldnt take a very long nap. no longer than an hour id say.

eating straight carbs, are you sure your gonna be able to fall asleep? why are you tired after work anyway, make sure to eat breakfast.
    there is instant oatmeal out there that does not contain sugar made by "quaker."
    doesn't watch t.v.

rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That's not the point - instant oats are more processed in order to shorten the cooking time, thus raising the amount of glucose they release into the bloodstream after you eat some.
    forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=527284

Practice safe eating - always use condiments.
    part of DA...keep it on the QT

FeMMisc SPA #5

Originally Posted by rockstarsar
    That's not the point - instant oats are more processed in order to shorten the cooking time, thus raising the amount of glucose they release into the bloodstream after you eat some.
    so are you saying this is even no good?

http://www.quakeroatmeal.com/Product...QO-Regular.cfm

i have been eating this for years and thought this was never processed as it contains no preservatives or sugar...
    doesn't watch t.v.

DJ Blaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJ Blaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJ Blaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJ Blaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJ Blaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJ Blaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJ Blaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJ Blaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJ Blaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJ Blaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJ Blaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by armz_ha
    so are you saying this is even no good?

http://www.quakeroatmeal.com/Product...QO-Regular.cfm

i have been eating this for years and thought this was never processed as it contains no preservatives or sugar...
    Correct, that oatmeal is no good. Its not AS BAD as the sugar-added ones, but you still want to stay away from it and go with old fashion oats. They still only take 4 or 5 minutes in the microwave, so there isn't much of a difference in prep/cook time.

Originally Posted by DJ Blaze
    Correct, that oatmeal is no good. Its not AS BAD as the sugar-added ones, but you still want to stay away from it and go with old fashion oats. They still only take 4 or 5 minutes in the microwave, so there isn't much of a difference in prep/cook time.
    o lol. dam..... so what do you guys cook the old fashion oats with in the microvave?

i guess the old fashion ones would add up to a much better price too right?
    doesn't watch t.v.

BodyBuild03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BodyBuild03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BodyBuild03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BodyBuild03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BodyBuild03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BodyBuild03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BodyBuild03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BodyBuild03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BodyBuild03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BodyBuild03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BodyBuild03 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DJ Blaze
    naw that's not even that bad... it may not be as good as all natural but im looking at the breakdown and it seems fine to me... there is no added sugar... close to 16% of the carbs are fiber... all natural oats are about 15% fiber... which means that the GI which isnt the most important factor SHOULD be lower...

the breakdown of the fats is fine... no saturated or hydrogenated oils/trans fats... the breakdown actually looks better than rolled oats...

id say keep eating it... only thing is rolled oats are cheap LOL i dunno how much u pay for that

Stats
    Age-21
    Height - 70''
    BF%: ?

04/06 - 190lbs

Goal Weight: 165-170lbs

BodyBuild03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BodyBuild03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BodyBuild03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BodyBuild03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BodyBuild03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BodyBuild03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BodyBuild03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BodyBuild03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BodyBuild03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BodyBuild03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BodyBuild03 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by armz_ha
    o lol. dam..... so what do you guys cook the old fashion oats with in the microvave?

i guess the old fashion ones would add up to a much better price too right?
    if its post workout i weigh it out and put it in dry and munch it up

otherwise add a lil water... nuke it for a min or so (i use old fashioned and i like it after only a min or so... i like mine somewhat whole rather than nuke to smitherines).. add a lil cinnamon... mmmmmmmmm nummy

Stats
    Age-21
    Height - 70''

04/06 - 190lbs

now if u were eating say ... http://www.quakeroatmeal.com/Product...BakedApple.cfm

those... haha id say stick with the all natural... but what uve been eating looks good to me!

Stats
    Age-21
    Height - 70''

04/06 - 190lbs

TheDumpTruck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDumpTruck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDumpTruck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDumpTruck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Costco sells something like 10lbs of old-fashioned quaker oats for $6.49. I feel like I'm commiting theft whenever I shop there.

They also have free samples left, right, and center. I eat about two chicken breasts worth of meat in free samples every weekend.

Kurz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kurz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kurz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kurz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kurz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kurz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kurz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kurz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kurz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kurz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kurz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    and what do you think the pros do? That exactly......eat, sleep,train, eat, sleep, eat, sleep, train, eat sleep........

Registered User footballplaya37's Avatar
    footballplaya37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballplaya37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballplaya37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballplaya37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballplaya37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballplaya37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballplaya37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballplaya37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballplaya37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballplaya37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballplaya37 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question about my oatmeal

Sorry to hijack this thread, but my oatmeal does not take 4-5 minutes to cook. I always cook on a minute 25. No where on the package it says instand and they claim to be old fashioned. Do you think i have the right oatmeal?