JEG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JEG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JEG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JEG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JEG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JEG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JEG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JEG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My first Diet ever. please critique

Im 29 y/o, 5' 8", 205#, bf% I dont know, but from looking at pictures im guessing 18-20. I've been lifting the last 5 years off and on, not including High School. I do a 4 day workout split, and no cardio yet. I can pyramid up to 300# on bench, and pyramid to 255 6 times on squat ( my leggs are lagging but catching up ).I have never dieted and been lurking around here picking up some good info. My goal is to lose body fat and gain or keep my muscle. Yesterday was my first day i tried eating right. Please tell me what I can fix. This was a non w/o day, and on w/o days I will have whey/oats before and after w/o then a ppw/o meal.

1) 1 1/2 scoop of whey
    cup of raw oats

2) 1 fillet of fish
    1 cup broccoli

3) 1 lg chicken breast
    1 cup brown rice
    green beans in cream of mushroom. <---( is c.o.m. ok?)
    1 tab fish oil

4) 1can of tuna in water
    1 cup brown rice.

5) 1 1/2 scoop of whey
    1 cup of raw oats

6) 1 cup of CC with a can of crushed pineapple
    2 tbs Natural Style PB

BetterBodies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetterBodies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetterBodies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetterBodies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetterBodies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetterBodies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetterBodies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetterBodies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetterBodies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetterBodies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetterBodies is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by JEG
    Im 29 y/o, 5' 8", 205#, bf% I dont know, but from looking at pictures im guessing 18-20. I've been lifting the last 5 years off and on, not including High School. I do a 4 day workout split, and no cardio yet. I can pyramid up to 300# on bench, and pyramid to 255 6 times on squat ( my leggs are lagging but catching up ).I have never dieted and been lurking around here picking up some good info. My goal is to lose body fat and gain or keep my muscle. Yesterday was my first day i tried eating right. Please tell me what I can fix. This was a non w/o day, and on w/o days I will have whey/oats before and after w/o then a ppw/o meal.

1) 1 1/2 scoop of whey
    cup of raw oats

2) 1 fillet of fish
    1 cup broccoli

3) 1 lg chicken breast
    1 cup brown rice
    green beans in cream of mushroom. <---( is c.o.m. ok?)
    1 tab fish oil

4) 1can of tuna in water
    1 cup brown rice.

5) 1 1/2 scoop of whey
    1 cup of raw oats

6) 1 cup of CC with a can of crushed pineapple
    2 tbs Natural Style PB
    The first thing you need to do to get a proper critique is add up your macros and total calories. You should do this anyway, because total calories will determine weight loss, not simply clean eating.

Cream of mushroom soup is not the worst thing you could be eating, as it is low in saturated fat and actually has some healthy fats in it, but it should be replaced with EFA's.

Looking at your diet in generally, the lack of EFA's is what stands out to me.
    "The strong do not simply survive...the strong prosper and flourish."

Kings Age Crew!

JEG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JEG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JEG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JEG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JEG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JEG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JEG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JEG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BetterBodies
    The first thing you need to do to get a proper critique is add up your macros and total calories. You should do this anyway, because total calories will determine weight loss, not simply clean eating.

Cream of mushroom soup is not the worst thing you could be eating, as it is low in saturated fat and actually has some healthy fats in it, but it should be replaced with EFA's.

Looking at your diet in generally, the lack of EFA's is what stands out to me.

My bad on the lack of numbers and calorie intake, I need to work on that.
    As for the EFA's I read its not good to mix em with carbs, so should I exchange rice with broccoli and EFI's in some areas? Thanks for your input