Registered User DMBsAmricanBaby's Avatar
    DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Question Does flexing your abs give them a workout?

I was flexing my abs yesterday and I've heard it's good for them, I woke up this morning and they're sore as hell, more sore than they are when I do actually work them out.
    "Obsessed is the word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

**Outdo Yesterday!**

A∑∑ - The Squat Booty Sorority

Although it's hard to get back to everyone, I love you all, you're my motivation! <3<3 Thank you! <3<3

HI MISC! RED'S MY FAVORITE COLOR! :D

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not necessarily a "workout," but it would stress them. Similarly, a stomach vacuum can work the midsection as well.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Sandguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sandguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sandguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sandguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sandguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sandguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sandguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sandguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sandguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sandguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sandguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    x2
    Workout Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159256121

DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    stress them? eeek...is that not good? :/

**Outdo Yesterday!**

Although it's hard to get back to everyone, I love you all, you're my motivation! <3<3 Thank you! <3<3

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DMBsAmricanBaby View Post
    stress them? eeek...is that not good? :/
    You're "stressing" your muscles every time you work out.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

ook, so in a way I did give them a workout in a way? I was going to work them out today but they're way too sore so I guess I'll skip that today.

**Outdo Yesterday!**

Originally Posted by DMBsAmricanBaby View Post
    ook, so in a way I did give them a workout in a way? I was going to work them out today but they're way too sore so I guess I'll skip that today.
    Yes.

You don't have to skip the workout though, unless you feel you need rest.

alrighty, thanks alot for the help, I think I'll just wait til tomorrow, they're too sore today.

**Outdo Yesterday!**

RAPBAK THANKS FOR READING bee su's Avatar
    bee su is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bee su is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bee su is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bee su is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bee su is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bee su is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bee su is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bee su is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bee su is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bee su is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bee su is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    this would apply to all muscles of the body.
    Sig line can't be a novel
    THANKS FOR READING
    20 IS 20. ATLEAST POST IN THE THREAD.
    THANKS FOR READING
    KNEE DRAGGER - HTC
    THANKS FOR READING
    THANKS FOR READING
    Sig line can't be a novel

SEAN0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SEAN0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SEAN0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SEAN0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SEAN0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SEAN0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SEAN0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SEAN0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SEAN0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SEAN0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SEAN0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    if muscles could grow big from flexing them for prolonged periods of time everyone would be huge...

i would stick to weighted exercises for the moment. you probably got a pretty good pump as well, along with your soreness. you can do 100 dumbell curls with 2kg and get an insane pump and probably be sore as hell the next day, but you probably wont see any growth whatsoever...

I wasn't saying I was thinking this was an easy way out of working them out, I was just wondering if this was like working them out because I wanted to work them out today but they're too sore so I don't want to overtrain them or stress them out too bad...thanks for the help though fellas.

**Outdo Yesterday!**

DYSFUNCTIONAL strength I dont work at Ballys's Avatar
    I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000)
    look at the shape of your abs. they are designed primarily to brace, not to flex. well let me explain, they are obviously meant to flex, but are strongest in preventing the spine from hyperextension, as in leaning backwards, as opposed to "crunching forward" as is so popular in the gym. look at the "6 pack" it is much like a cargo net, which is natures intelligent design. the abs start out "wide and long" and when you flex they crunch in and ball up. flexing is not superior to actual bracing against resistance but it could make you sore in that area simply from TVA activation.
    If what I see does not amaze me, I am not looking hard enough.

The more you learn, the more you realize you don't know.

My YouTube Vids: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ajcharmoz