herzblutx88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Cutting without losing muscle?

Im just about to start cutting since over the winter I bulked and its getting hot out again so I figure Ill start now. For the past week ive been doing 3 cardio workouts 30 minutes each. I still train regularly with the weights and ive been taking 2 scoops of whey protein and multivitamin pack. Will this keep me from losing the muscle I gained? I heard something about cardio burning off muscle instead of fat? Maybe im wrong let me know.

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Cuting is all about eating less and doing more cardio. Gradually decrease your calories over a few weeks. Keep the protein and fat about the same as if you were bulking but decrease the carbs. Also, increase your cardio. Do 2-3 HIIT sessions a week and 1-2 steady rate cardio sessions a week. Do cardio on days you dont lift or at least 6 hours before/after lifting.

This is what has worked well for me^^^. Aim to lose no more then 1 pound a week so you know you are losing mostly fat and not muscle.
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

herzblutx88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks ill try that. but quick question, while cutting its still ok to lift and continue the power right?

but if i was bulking should i totally cut out cardio?

bulking - taking in more good calories than are burned off
    cutting - taking in less so that all are burned plus the extra fat?

what kind of cycle do you use as far as bulking and cutting? bulk 6 months then cut 6 months or something like that? i plan to continue cutting untill september and then bulk again.

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    IMO your lifting program should not change when cutting. Just lift as if you were bulking in order to maintain muscle as much as possible.

If you are bulking it is still good to do some cardio in order to limit fat gains. I would do 1-3 HIIT sessions a week while bulkin.

I think you get the idea by your defentions there.

I have only done one real bulk and one real cut. But I just bulked for 4 months untul I hit my desired weight. I felt that I was getting a little too chubby so I satrted to cut.
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

Returning to Savagery JustBrowsin's Avatar
    JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    it may be wise to scale back your volume some when cutting and perhaps avoid failure to keep the CNS fresh. Im a fan of high frequency, low volume training short of failure while cutting to keep the muscles stimulated without tearing down my already stressed body
    Disregard Taco Bell, Acquire Filiberto's.