romaninlondon is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Trouble gaining weight due to food allergies tied to skin disorder

Hi all,
    I'm new to this place and hope that someone could possibly guide me in the right direction. Before I get started, I'd like to ask the moderators to please not delete this straight away with reason being that I can find information on this by just googling, which is what happened on Reddit. I cannot, I tried. My problem is about my allergies causing weight loss, whereas almost everything that google showed me was about allergies causing weight gain. If the mods insist that there is stuff out there related to my issue, then please show me because for the life of me I couldn't find anything.

Back on topic. I'd like to get some tips about weight gain whilst already living with an allergy diet. I'm 27, 5'8'' male with an extremely high metabolism. I used to work out when in school so I've been reasonably fit ever since. But I've always been on the skinny side, always hovering between 120-130lbs range so just bordering on underweight. Everything I eat gets burnt up so quickly that my body just doesn't let me gain any weight.

On top of that I have severe food allergies which limit what I can consume, because they trigger my genetically inherited skin disorder (atopic eczema). If I eat something I'm allergic to in large quantities, I get red flaky rashes on my body (in worst cases the rashes spread literally head to toe) which make for miserable sleepless nights.

So my question is, is there any form of fitness diet that could help me gain at least a little bit of mass whilst somewhat maintaining my existing allergy diet? Most of the time I don't mind being skinny, but for once I'd like to get back to working out and looking like a normal-ish human being, for I feel like the stuff I consume currently is not enough for me to gain a few extra pounds.

I'll list some of the foods I can and cannot eat if needed, but I want to know first if this forum is a good place for questions like mine. If anyone has any information to share about allergy-based fitness, and specifically for gaining weight and not losing, I'd be most grateful. Thanks in advance!

1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Whatever foods you can consume, just eat more of it. You'll gain.
    Curing Disease.

Strong mind+Strong body = UNSTOPPABLE.

Originally Posted by 1MANU View Post
    Whatever foods you can consume, just eat more of it. You'll gain.
    Sorry but like I stated above, everything I eat gets goes away too quickly due to my high metabolism. And I eat as much as my stomach can take per day, so saying that I don't eat enough is not helpful.

Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by romaninlondon View Post
    Sorry but like I stated above, everything I eat gets goes away too quickly due to my high metabolism. And I eat as much as my stomach can take per day, so saying that I don't eat enough is not helpful.
    Sorry bud but it's the only helpful advice you need to hear. There is nothing better you can do but to eat more.

If you are feeling too full, then eat more caloric dense foods like peanut butter and ice cream. You don't have a fast metabolism you just burn more energy than you are able to consume.

1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Fundamental law of thermodynamics. If you can't consume more calories than you burn then you won't gain.

If you are eating all that you can handle, then it's obviously not enough. So in this situation I am out of further answers for you.
    Curing Disease.

Strong mind+Strong body = UNSTOPPABLE.

Originally Posted by 1MANU View Post
    Fundamental law of thermodynamics. If you can't consume more calories than you burn then you won't gain.

If you are eating all that you can handle, then it's obviously not enough. So in this situation I am out of further answers for you.
    Maybe if I list some of the foods I'm most allergic to:

- wheat/rye/barley (used to be the worst allergen, but very limited quantites is ok now. Think a pair of croissants per week or a regular non-glutenfree pizza every two months)

- fish (off limits, except for caviar weirdly enough)

- chocolate (limited consumption, like a small bar every other day but not daily)

- nuts (uncomfortable swelling inside my throat)

- corn (used to be able to consume it just fine, until recently it started causing a bad reaction on my skin)

- eggs (for the longest time it's been off limits, but now I'm slowly adopting omelettes in the morning, like once a week)

- citrus fruit (lemons are no problem, it's mostly oranges, satsuma and grapefruit that are hazardous)

- bananas (used to be fine, but lately kept triggering rashes on my skin)

- bell peppers (a recent discovery, never been a problem before, so I stay clear of them for the time being)

- select dairy products (no milk, but cheese, kefir and sour cream are fine)

- beans and peas (vivid childhood memories of being red-faced from them)

Now the foods that I can eat:

- rice

- potatoes

- chicken/pork/beef/lamb/turkey (practically most meats)

- vegetables, especially green (my dad keeps stressing that I eat more green vegetables, and I do when I'm not lazy lol)

- select fruit (apples, grapes, pears, pineapple, mango, not sure about kiwi)

- berries (strawberries can be weird sometimes, but mostly fine)

- cheese, kefir, sour cream

- avocado

These are just off the top of my head, there may be some that I can't recall.

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Now the foods that I can eat:

- rice

- potatoes

- vegetables, especially green (my dad keeps stressing that I eat more green vegetables, and I do when I'm not lazy lol)

- select fruit (apples, grapes, pears, pineapple, mango, not sure about kiwi)

- berries (strawberries can be weird sometimes, but mostly fine)

- avocado

These kinds of questions shouldn't be that hard. Eat more of this. Drink liquid calories. Do whatever you need to do to get the scale moving.

You're eating pretty satiating things right now. You probably are full. You don't have to, in fact, it's counter-productive to in your case if you really just can't eat more.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Nicksosure1 View Post
    These kinds of questions shouldn't be that hard. Eat more of this. Drink liquid calories. Do whatever you need to do to get the scale moving.

You're eating pretty satiating things right now. You probably are full. You don't have to, in fact, it's counter-productive to in your case if you really just can't eat more.
    put cheese on meat, rice, potatoes. Lots of it

rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Have you tried mass gainer shakes? Can you tolerate lots of milk? Protein powder with whole milk is like 500 calories a pop and easy to force down.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    everything I eat gets goes away too quickly due to my high metabolism.
    No, you don't have high metabolism and the food you eat doesn't "go away too quickly". Simply eat more calories in any way you can.

Try adding olive oil to all your meals. 30ml olive oil = about 270 kcal.

Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    No, you don't have high metabolism and the food you eat doesn't "go away too quickly". Simply eat more calories in any way you can.

Try adding olive oil to all your meals. 30ml olive oil = about 270 kcal.
    It's the only oil I use.

Originally Posted by rtpmarine View Post
    Have you tried mass gainer shakes? Can you tolerate lots of milk? Protein powder with whole milk is like 500 calories a pop and easy to force down.
    I'll try that. Maybe kefir would work instead of milk? I probably should drink more calories in general than eat.

bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    - rice

- potatoes

- avocado

Eat more of this. Get your fruits and veggies and all that, but if you start shoveling down rice, meat, avocado and potatoes you will DEFINITELY gain weight
    BP: 280
    SQ: 455
    DL: 585
    Bodyweight 185

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    look into benecalorie
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew