Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Do fish oils help you loose weight or gain weight?

Do fish oils help you loose weight or gain weight? Cause their are some numerous post of the fish oils making them gain weight and their are other post of helping them loose weight. So i dont really know the final verdict all this. Can you guys help me out with some info or personal experience with fish oils

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Fish oil helps you burn fat. Take it. It is one of the three important sups

fish oil/ multivitamin/ whey
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by skelooth

Exactly.
    Panthers/Tar Heels/Hurricanes/Durham Bulls

LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What's a good daily dosage?
    In 1945, Adolf Hilter died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied, "I am responsible for the massacre of millions" Satan said, "well done, sit to the right of my throne." In 1953, Joseph Stalin died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied "I killed millions to stay in power" Satan said "good, sit to my left" 2010, Ronnie James Dio died and went to Hell, Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" Dio replied, "Bitch, get the fuk off my throne!"

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    between 6 and 9g a day is the norm. so something like 3 g with breakfast, 3 g with your second to last meal, then 3 g with your last meal. Personally i just take 3 g in the morning and 3 g before bed.
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Should one really be concerned with the mercury content in fish oils? Or is it true that we dont have to worry about it?

i never heard about mercury in fish oil pills. That's new on me. Most fish oil pills come from Cod liver, Cod is a fish that lives in cold northern waters. The fish that live up in the cold waters are not exposed to mercury like the warmer water fish are.

chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by norishinghgh
    Should one really be concerned with the mercury content in fish oils? Or is it true that we dont have to worry about it?
    No but if it really concerns you, there are some companies that filter their fish oil supps.

LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    between 6 and 9g a day is the norm. so something like 3 g with breakfast, 3 g with your second to last meal, then 3 g with your last meal. Personally i just take 3 g in the morning and 3 g before bed.
    Cool thanks bro.
    In 1945, Adolf Hilter died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied, "I am responsible for the massacre of millions" Satan said, "well done, sit to the right of my throne." In 1953, Joseph Stalin died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied "I killed millions to stay in power" Satan said "good, sit to my left" 2010, Ronnie James Dio died and went to Hell, Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" Dio replied, "Bitch, get the fuk off my throne!"

MULLAH is not very helpful. (-500) MULLAH is not very helpful. (-500) MULLAH is not very helpful. (-500) MULLAH is not very helpful. (-500) MULLAH is not very helpful. (-500) MULLAH is not very helpful. (-500) MULLAH is not very helpful. (-500) MULLAH is not very helpful. (-500) MULLAH is not very helpful. (-500) MULLAH is not very helpful. (-500) MULLAH is not very helpful. (-500)

Is centrum a good multivitamin? If not, which one do you reccomend?

ON Multi is good and pretty cheap. As long as it is loaded with vitamins and minerals and is not too expensive, it should be fine.

dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MULLAH
    Is centrum a good multivitamin? If not, which one do you reccomend?

I buy generic brands....................... for the most part they are all the same.

Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Fish Oil is known to naturally increase or maintain testerone at the right grams a day. Great for losing fat or bulking, just take it all times PERIOD.

Xoreo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xoreo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xoreo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xoreo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xoreo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xoreo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xoreo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xoreo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xoreo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xoreo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xoreo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    And if you're worried about mercury and junk, theres always flax seed oil, taking it and loving it

Khasus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Khasus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Khasus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Khasus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Khasus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Khasus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Khasus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Khasus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm pretty new to this. Any brand or type of fish oil is better?? are there differences??

TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I take 4 caps of triple strength fish oil daily. Which equates to about 3.6g per day total of DHA/EPA (900 mg per cap).

I prefer better brands as they are filtered to completely remove metals, and most have a coating to help reduce fishy burps.

Cheap brands typically only have 300 mg of omega 3's per cap and give fishy burps.

Everyone should take fish oil unless you are an eskimo.
    Aug of 2010 - 330 lbs <--- Never Forget

abnbk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey i always been wondering is the fish oil u guys are talkin about is the one that they sell at local stores right?

MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by abnbk View Post
    hey i always been wondering is the fish oil u guys are talkin about is the one that they sell at local stores right?
    For the most part you'll find little difference between the store brands and big name brand ones.

The important thing to look at is the amount of EFAs in each serving. The store brand a lot of times are lower, but you can just take an extra one and still save some money.

The other thing is that cheaper brands tend to give you fish burps.

abnbk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Okay which one is a good brand?

SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by LatsMakeTheMan View Post
    What's a good daily dosage?
    From Lyle's website - bodyrecomposition.com

Fish Oils/Essential Fatty Acids

If there is a single nutrient that is almost impossible to achieve adequate amounts of with the modern diet (outside of the handful of people who eat a lot of fatty fish), it’s the w-3 fish oils. In a very real sense, fish oils ‘do everything’ and impact on not only overall health but help to control inflammation, promote fat oxidation, inhibit fat storage and a host of others. It’s a list of benefits that seems almost too good to be true but the research is there.

Due to their general unavailability in the food supply, supplementation is almost necessary and both pills (containing varying amounts of the active EPA/DHA) and liquids are available. Both are acceptable and some people simply prefer the liquids (which can be used on salads or in blender drinks) to pills (which often cause burps).

Years ago, flaxseed oil was suggested as a source of the essential fatty acids as it contains the parent fatty acid that can be converted into EPA/DHA. However, that conversion is exceedingly inefficient in most people (vegetarians appear to be an exception to this for some reason) and I do not feel that flax is an acceptable substitute for fish oil supplementation. I suggest that athletes find an omega-3 fatty acid source that they like and consume it daily (again, consuming cold water or fatty fish is also a possibility).

While little research has examined athletes, I recommend a total intake of EPA/DHA of 1.8-3.0 grams per day. A fairly standard capsule of fish oils may contain 120 mg EPA and 180 mg DHA (300 mg total fish oils) so that daily dose would require 6-10 capsules per day which should be split at least morning and evening (taken with meals).

Higher concentration fish oils are available (at a premium cost) but may be preferred by athletes who don’t like swallowing pills. Again, the goal should be a total EPA/DHA intake of 1.8-3.0 grams per day regardless of how it is obtained.
    3 year transformation: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147790393

Are you fat because you're lazy or are you lazy because you're fat?

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SLO View Post
    From Lyle's website - bodyrecomposition.com
    This is a popular big brand

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/nordic/ult.htm

This is a cheap one that's pretty good and you get mild or no fish burps if you take them with a meal:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ch...s/fishoil.html

I take about 4g per day.

2CoolChris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TelusLob View Post
    ...and give fishy burps.
    The ones with the Lemon Flavor really help with that fishiness.

the fat one will become famous soon enough. (+50) the fat one will become famous soon enough. (+50) the fat one will become famous soon enough. (+50) the fat one will become famous soon enough. (+50) the fat one will become famous soon enough. (+50) the fat one will become famous soon enough. (+50) the fat one will become famous soon enough. (+50) the fat one will become famous soon enough. (+50) the fat one will become famous soon enough. (+50) the fat one will become famous soon enough. (+50) the fat one will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    the ones i buy are from walgreens. they are no fish burp and i havent ever had the nasty taste since i went to the no fish burp ones.
    Start Weight 185lbs

02/23/2015 185lbs

03/02/2015 182.7lbs
    03/09/2015 178.5lbs
    03/16/2015
    03/23/2015
    03/30/2015

04/06/2015
    04/13/2015
    04/20/2015
    04/27/2015

05/04/2015
    05/11/2015
    05/18/2015
    05/25/2015

SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MCrow View Post
    This is a popular big brand

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/nordic/ult.htm

This is a cheap one that's pretty good and you get mild or no fish burps if you take them with a meal:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ch...s/fishoil.html

I take about 4g per day.
    It's the EPA/DHA content that's important. I got some from Trader Joe's with 400mg EPA/200mg DHA per capsule and 10 cal each. So for me to meet Lyle's minimum recommendation of 1800mg EPA/DHA I take 3 a day. 90 capsules is $9. I just started taking then and haven't noticed any burps.

That first one you linked is expensive. And the second one I'd have to take 6 caps and 60 calories to meet the 1800mg number.

threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Fish oil will keep you good while cutting....This is just my opinion but calories make you gain or lose. Almonds, eggs, and other healthy fats kept me sane while dropping lbs. When i dropped calories with fats, I had no sex drive and was depressed.
    *Gorilla Biscuits crew*

Khasus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Khasus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Khasus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Khasus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Khasus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Khasus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Khasus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Khasus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Originally Posted by TelusLob View Post
    I take 4 caps of triple strength fish oil daily. Which equates to about 3.6g per day total of DHA/EPA (900 mg per cap).

I prefer better brands as they are filtered to completely remove metals, and most have a coating to help reduce fishy burps.

Cheap brands typically only have 300 mg of omega 3's per cap and give fishy burps.

Everyone should take fish oil unless you are an eskimo.

Thanks, great information. I went to my local GNC store and picked up GNC Triple Strength Fish Oil (900 mg per cap). They were pretty cheap, about $17.00 before taxes for 60 caps, I was at other department stores earlier, they had more expensive bottles with about 270 mg per cap.

Stay Strong all year long alex2363's Avatar
    alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by chlaxman View Post
    Exactly.
    like the fonz says...exactomundo

Stay Strong all year long alex2363's Avatar
    alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by norishinghgh View Post
    Fatty fish contains omega 3 just the same as a fish oil supplement would. The only problem is that in order to consume a good amount of omega 3 on a regular basis, you would have to consume a good amount of fish on a regular basis. And, in case you haven't heard, due to all of the toxic contaminants found in fish these days (mercury, chlordane, dioxin, PCBs, and more) it is pretty hard to recommend anyone eat fish on daily basis. Fortunately, supplement companies can greatly improve its purity by removing these contaminants. Of course, some brands do this better than others.

viperjes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viperjes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viperjes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viperjes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viperjes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viperjes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viperjes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viperjes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viperjes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viperjes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viperjes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i buy the costco brand pretty cheap price, and i take 4 pills a day

king4x4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) king4x4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) king4x4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) king4x4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) king4x4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) king4x4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) king4x4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) king4x4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) king4x4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) king4x4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) king4x4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Started taking about 5~7g of Flax Seed Oil with about 4~5g of Salmon Fish Oil and I will be honest it made me feel a lot different in this cut and actually lost 2kg of weight in a week even after platauing for a month.

If you ain't taking Omega-3s start taking them NOW!
    April 2010: 150+ kg (330lb) My peak
    May-28th 2011: 99.5kg (219lbs)
    Aug-2011: 110kg (242lbs) Bulking for three months.
    Jan-2011: 120kg (264lbs) End of current bulk.
    Jun-2012: 124kg.