MrMel will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMel will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMel will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMel will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMel will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMel will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMel will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMel will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMel will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMel will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMel will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Is it bad if I eat 4 egg whites then go straight to bed? Will Rep

Sometimes I get cravings to eat something right before bed, around midnight.
    So I cook up 4 egg whites using PAM and eat it with ground pepper and 1 tsp of honey mustard (10 cals, 0 fat, 2g carbs, 25 sodium).

Is this bad?

Will any of it go to fat?

Thanks!

Will rep for good answers!

myPecsRbigger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) myPecsRbigger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) myPecsRbigger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) myPecsRbigger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) myPecsRbigger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) myPecsRbigger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) myPecsRbigger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) myPecsRbigger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) myPecsRbigger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) myPecsRbigger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) myPecsRbigger is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    well if the rest of ur diet is intact none of it should really goto fat, and yes its fine to eat it before bed, but better yet would be a casein source of protein eg cottage cheese
    PHD in bro science

thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000)
    add about 6 more whites and a tbsp of natty pb and your on the right track, but yeah like the guy before me said, cottage cheese is better (casein is the way to go)... eggs arent bad though.

Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Wink

no thats not bad at all, eggs are great protein, add a some healthy fats to that like the other guys said and then your rolling, and a few more whites or even a whole egg.

450g carbs a day baby tongueincheeeck's Avatar
    tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tongueincheeeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    guys seriously, I know casein is the ultimate slow digesting protien, but u pepsi challenge a big eggwhite omlette, with a cup of cottage cheese, before bed, and there aint a lick of difference! Seriously eggs are like what> The most bioavailable protien there is?

Oh and dude, its good to get some fats in there, so add a couple yokes...! Its that or have a tbsp of PB or flax on the side!

saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by tongueincheeeck
    guys seriously, I know casein is the ultimate slow digesting protien, but u pepsi challenge a big eggwhite omlette, with a cup of cottage cheese, before bed, and there aint a lick of difference! Seriously eggs are like what> The most bioavailable protien there is?

Oh and dude, its good to get some fats in there, so add a couple yokes...! Its that or have a tbsp of PB or flax on the side!
    pepsi challenge, you sir are hillarious.

to calm the cc vs egg white camps, why not merge these ideas. an egg white omlete with cottage cheese.

egg white and spinach omlete:
    spinach, walnuts, egg whites, etc...make the omlete, then top with some cc and salsa.

or a more dessert like omlete. peanut butter, brocolli omlete with cc. same concept except i wouldnt put the pb on til it was on a plate, cover with some cinnamon and splenda, and bam! you got yourself a man's omlete. and yeah, brocolli does taste good that way, lol.
    this signature was purchased by melon:

"incongruous penguin"

MrMel will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMel will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMel will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMel will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMel will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMel will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMel will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMel will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMel will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMel will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks guys!

will it still be okay even if i am trying to lose weight or cut?

it is still within my calorie requirements.

Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MrMel
    Thanks guys!

will it still be okay even if i am trying to lose weight or cut?

it is still within my calorie requirements.
    That last sentence answers your own question

--Dont worry about repping me, I'm good
    /M\

Who's High Pitch

LOL! true!

But I only ask because eating eggs and cottage cheese late at night is how I got back up to 215.

Plus i always read and hear that you shouldnt eat past 8pm when trying to lose weight and it becomes fat when you sleep...blah, blah, blah.

saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MrMel
    LOL! true!

But I only ask because eating eggs and cottage cheese late at night is how I got back up to 215.

Plus i always read and hear that you shouldnt eat past 8pm when trying to lose weight and it becomes fat when you sleep...blah, blah, blah.
    i highly doubt that egg whites and cottage cheese is the reason you gained weight. surely there was something else more esque in your diet. and why has 8pm become the magic hour when all food consumption needs to come to a halt? what about people who are active after 8? i know thats its past 8 as i type this and i am eating now and will eat again in another 2.5hrs.
    this signature was purchased by melon:

"incongruous penguin"

Originally Posted by saw14
    i highly doubt that egg whites and cottage cheese is the reason you gained weight. surely there was something else more esque in your diet. and why has 8pm become the magic hour when all food consumption needs to come to a halt? what about people who are active after 8? i know thats its past 8 as i type this and i am eating now and will eat again in another 2.5hrs.
    I agree with you. I would eat almost a dozen per night, a few yokes, a few slices of toast, and a whole container of cottage cheese with fruit almost everynight...and of course I wasnt working out or eating well during the day.

but its the whole "dont eat past 8pm" or "dont eat late cuz it will turn to fat" that lots of people say that messes with my head!! I can see carbs and fat being a problem, BUT not protein, especially if its within needed cals and when your body really needs it.

I just love my egg whites! And when I get hungry at night, its almost like comfort food to me!

So good to my tummy and my muscles! LOL

Thanks!

thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

to calm the cc vs egg white camps, why not merge these ideas. an egg white omlete with cottage cheese.

spinach, walnuts, egg whites, etc...make the omlete, then top with some cc and salsa.

or a more dessert like omlete. peanut butter, brocolli omlete with cc. same concept except i wouldnt put the pb on til it was on a plate, cover with some cinnamon and splenda, and bam! you got yourself a man's omlete. and yeah, brocolli does taste good that way, lol.
    that is actually a great idea saw, I think i may have an egg white/pb scramble tonight... let you guys know how it goes.... hmmm think of the possiblities.....

something like 6 whites
    2 tbsp pb
    1/2 cup cc

then scramble it up sick.. bet it would be good in a bowl with some splenda and sf syrup...

Pyruvate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pyruvate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pyruvate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not only is it not bad, it's a great idea.

Keep it up. Keep the muscles fed.

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is what I did toasted 2 pieces of exkiel bread then made 6 whites . I put PB and WF SF jam on the bread then put the egg whites inbetween the bread. Nice PB and egg sandwich tasted great. I used to do this I have not done it in years but may have to bring it back out hehe

Originally Posted by thajeepster
    that is actually a great idea saw, I think i may have an egg white/pb scramble tonight... let you guys know how it goes.... hmmm think of the possiblities.....

something like 6 whites
    2 tbsp pb
    1/2 cup cc

then scramble it up sick.. bet it would be good in a bowl with some splenda and sf syrup...
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by tongueincheeeck
    Seriously eggs are like what> The most bioavailable protien there is?
    Protein source
    Bioavailablility

Whey peptide blends- 110-159
    Whey concentrate (lactalbumin)-104
    Whole egg- 100
    Cow's milk- 91
    Egg White (albumin)- 88
    Fish- 83
    Beef -80
    Chicken- 79
    Casein- 77
    Soy- 74
    Rice- 59
    Wheat- 54
    Beans- 49

As you can see milk and eggs are above casein and just below whey concentrate, so it's a good middle of the road protein

The Doc
    I do not have an M.D. or a Ph.D., Doc is a nickname, please don't ask me about your personal itching.

terestis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terestis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terestis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terestis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terestis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terestis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terestis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terestis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terestis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terestis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terestis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if it interferes with ur sleep then, its bad. But if u sleep easily after eating all that then its good.

I use to fill my egg white omelettes with cottage cheese and salsa or something spicy like a bit of red curry powder mixed in.