kdrew922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kdrew922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kdrew922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

chicken breast with rib meat?

Can anyone tell me the difference between "boneless, skinless chicken breast" and "boneless, skinless chicken breast... with rib meat?" What exactly is rib meat? No luck so far finding a clear answer to this online. I notice that the "with rib meat" variety is usually cheaper. Is it less healthy?

Cheers,
    Drew

kdrew922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kdrew922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kdrew922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just to clarify, and to avoid sarcastic replies, I know it's probably meat off the ribs. But does it contain as much protein? More? Less? How about fat? If more fat, what kind?

Cheers,
    Drew

No Memory will become famous soon enough. (+50) No Memory will become famous soon enough. (+50) No Memory will become famous soon enough. (+50) No Memory will become famous soon enough. (+50) No Memory will become famous soon enough. (+50) No Memory will become famous soon enough. (+50) No Memory will become famous soon enough. (+50) No Memory will become famous soon enough. (+50) No Memory will become famous soon enough. (+50) No Memory will become famous soon enough. (+50) No Memory will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Compared to boneless/skinless, chicken breasts with rib meat have more fat content; thus, taste better. The rib meat is exactly that, meat that surrounds the ribs.

A plain boneless breast is stripped completely of this, which is why they are more expensive. Chicken breasts "with rib meat" have a better flavor, but you're not really missing any added nutrition (i.e. protein) from the "rib meat".

oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by CW330 View Post
    Compared to boneless/skinless, chicken breasts with rib meat have more fat content; thus, taste better. The rib meat is exactly that, meat that surrounds the ribs.

A plain boneless breast is stripped completely of this, which is why they are more expensive. Chicken breasts "with rib meat" have a better flavor, but you're not really missing any added nutrition (i.e. protein) from the "rib meat".
    this is true...there is a higher fat content, but if u can fit it into your macros, it is cheaper+tastes better IMO...dont worry bout the extra fat, if it fits into your diet...you can save some $$ and have a better tasting meal, IMO

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great reply post.. took the words out of my mouth

skinless boneless is the good stuff bro and the ones with rib meat may contain a bit more fat but its not deprived of the amnt of protein still in it.. so no worries about the protein content.. u might be getting a few grams of fat w/ the rib meat added

not like its really going to hinder that much on anyone really

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Cheers,
    Drew

dolimitless has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i get boneless chicken breast with rib meat cause it's much cheaper. You can just cut out the rib meat if you really want too, the fat is visible. Another thing I noticed as opposed to regular boneless, skinless chicken breast is the sodium content. W/ the rib meat each 4oz serving of my brand has 330mg of sodium where regular has 85mg of sodium.