phllysfinest11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is cooking chicken breast in olive oil good?

I have been eating nothing but chicken breast lately but always fry it in a pan with it covered in extra virgin olive oil. I know they fat in it is good, but do most of you bake chicken or should I continue this way? Thanks for any feedback.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    totally fine.. you could also just use pam spray and cook ur chicken in a skillet or cook it on the george

or marinate ur chicken in olive oil the night before and then cook it

my preference is marinate it the night b4

and have a salad with some olive oil as ur dressing

cooking w/ olive oil sometimes gets a bit messy trying to flip up the chicken and adding some veggies in there also and trying to toss it up in the air

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I always use olive oil to cook my chicken breast. I rub olive oil + spices on it and grill it though.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

Sexy Chemical Engineer Ke422azn's Avatar
    Ke422azn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ke422azn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ke422azn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ke422azn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ke422azn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ke422azn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ke422azn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ke422azn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ke422azn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ke422azn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ke422azn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by phllysfinest11 View Post
    I have been eating nothing but chicken breast lately but always fry it in a pan with it covered in extra virgin olive oil. I know they fat in it is good, but do most of you bake chicken or should I continue this way? Thanks for any feedback.
    is it good.... COMPARED TO WHAT?
    Me Picking Up Chicks (Subscribe if You Like!)
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SquattinCassanova

martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's fine if you are uding a grill. If you are using a stove, then before the pan is hot put water and then add oil. 1:1 or sth like that. This prevents the double bonds from rotating and switching conformation, which is what happens at high temperatures. You don't want cis- turning into trans-. Otherwise

Miikmac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

No Olive Oil To Cook

"It's fine if you are uding a grill. If you are using a stove, then before the pan is hot put water and then add oil. 1:1 or sth like that. This prevents the double bonds from rotating and switching conformation, which is what happens at high temperatures. You don't want cis- turning into trans-. Otherwise"

I don't know about the chemistry behind steaming your olive oil, but I do know that it has one of the lowest burning points for most cooking oils. Olive oil is NOT a good cooking oil! The research I have done showed grapeseed is a much better oil. It has a higher smoke point...so it doesn't turn Carcinagenic as easily and is better oils then Canola or vegetable.

I personally use sunflower oil, because it has one of the highest smoke points, little to no taste and is harder to go rancid. But I know that sunflower is very high in Omega 6 which can be an inflammatory and too much can hurt some organ somewhere in your body.

http://www.planetorganic.ca/goodforyou/healthtools

- The average North American diet provides more than 10 times the necessary amount of linoleic acid and tends to have too much omega-6 fatty acids compared to omega-3 fatty acids, another important class of EFAs. In fact, for optimum health, the ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids should be between 1:1 and 4:1. The typical North American and Israeli diets are usually in the range of 11:1 to 30:1. This imbalance contributes to the development of long-term diseases such as heart disease, cancer, asthma, arthritis, and depression as well as, possibly, increased risk of infection.

SO

I personally feel if you are gonna continue to fry your chicken, grapeseed oil is my suggestion as opposed to steaming your chicken breast, with 1:1 oil and water.

I like to use my george foreman grill with no oil, I just slap a breast on, sprinkle it with cayenne and italian herbs, maybe some salt!
    Or sometimes I bake it by lightly oiling a paper towel and rubbing a baking tray and baking the brest sprinkled with a little feta, chopped garlic and fresh basil and cracked pepper.

burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is it true that cooking with olive oil gets rid of the nutritional value?

ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by burke View Post
    i think if u put the oil in the pan and then put the chicken in the pan before u heat it .. it is fine . .if u just have the pan on the burner and pour in the oil i think it kills some of its nutritional value. . not 100% sure but I read an article on that. .
    Certified NASM Personal Trainer

Workout Program (P/RR/S):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6398381

Rootus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rootus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rootus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rootus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rootus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rootus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rootus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rootus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rootus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rootus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rootus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That's a question with two answers. Cooking with extra virgin olive oil is not a great idea, because the smoke point is extremely low. "Pure" olive oil, on the other hand, has a smoke point a couple hundred degrees higher and suitable for cooking chicken. Save the EVOO for topping.

Bar Flies and Cougars FTW Colonel_Clobber's Avatar
    Colonel_Clobber has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Colonel_Clobber has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Colonel_Clobber has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Colonel_Clobber has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Colonel_Clobber has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Colonel_Clobber has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Colonel_Clobber has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Colonel_Clobber has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Colonel_Clobber has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Colonel_Clobber has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Colonel_Clobber has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Miikmac View Post
    - The average North American diet provides more than 10 times the necessary amount of linoleic acid and tends to have too much omega-6 fatty acids compared to omega-3 fatty acids, another important class of EFAs. In fact, for optimum health, the ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids should be between 1:1 and 4:1. The typical North American and Israeli diets are usually in the range of 11:1 to 30:1. This imbalance contributes to the development of long-term diseases such as heart disease, cancer, asthma, arthritis, and depression as well as, possibly, increased risk of infection.
    Well there, thanks for the input captain agenda. Should I also convert to Islam while I'm at it? I've heard catholics and jews have a 30:1 omega-6: omega-3 while muslims are safely in the 3:1 range. Perhaps it's all that grape seed oil.

(and the 30 virgins).

gethoogin08 is not very helpful. (-500) gethoogin08 is not very helpful. (-500) gethoogin08 is not very helpful. (-500) gethoogin08 is not very helpful. (-500) gethoogin08 is not very helpful. (-500) gethoogin08 is not very helpful. (-500) gethoogin08 is not very helpful. (-500) gethoogin08 is not very helpful. (-500) gethoogin08 is not very helpful. (-500) gethoogin08 is not very helpful. (-500) gethoogin08 is not very helpful. (-500)
    one of my favorite ways to cook chicken breast aside from grilling it is to poach it. you can flavor the liquid however you want, and if you use a candy thermometer to maintain the temp of the water at 170 or so, it's practically impossible to overcook, garaunteeing a tender and juicy end result.

ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I heard this too, I've yet to find a solid answer. People mostly recomended to use Butter instead of Olive OIl..

Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Use coconut oil. Better to cook with.
    advertising/self-promotion not permitted