riskbling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Doctor Visit for Physical and...

Alright, well this kinda makes me mad, but I do not question his knowledge right in front of him since after all he has the super leet doctors degree.

I go in for my physical and I tell him my main goal is to gain weight since I leave for basic training for the Air Force this July. He is a really tall skinny doctor for the record.

1> You cant really gain much size it is not your build some people are naturally big and some are not.
    2>Gaining 10 lbs I would be very comfortable with, but anything over 20+ I have concerns for. ( I told him my goal was to gain 30 lbs in 9-10 months )
    3>We did a weight & height check and he says that I am most likely done growing at 5'8. When I signed up at a gym the trainer said to be careful about form so you dont mess up your back,etc because your most likely not done growing.

^^ What he said
    My main question was is it reasonable to gain 30 lbs in 10 months?

loz86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loz86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loz86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loz86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loz86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loz86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loz86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loz86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loz86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loz86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loz86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you wont gain 30lbs of lean mass.. you'll gain 20lbs of fat and 10lbs of muscle maybe

King Alex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) King Alex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) King Alex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) King Alex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) King Alex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) King Alex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) King Alex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yes you can gain it im gonna do it
    "You're going to get criticized no matter what you do, especially if you're trying to achieve something and rise above the flock. Do it anyway. Negative criticism from others is often a sign that you're on your way up in the world."

k3v is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3v is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3v is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3v is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3v is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3v is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3v is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3v is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3v is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3v is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3v is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by riskbling View Post
    Alright, well this kinda makes me mad, but I do not question his knowledge right in front of him since after all he has the super leet doctors degree.

I go in for my physical and I tell him my main goal is to gain weight since I leave for basic training for the Air Force this July. He is a really tall skinny doctor for the record.

1> You cant really gain much size it is not your build some people are naturally big and some are not.
    2>Gaining 10 lbs I would be very comfortable with, but anything over 20+ I have concerns for. ( I told him my goal was to gain 30 lbs in 9-10 months )
    3>We did a weight & height check and he says that I am most likely done growing at 5'8. When I signed up at a gym the trainer said to be careful about form so you dont mess up your back,etc because your most likely not done growing.

^^ What he said
    My main question was is it reasonable to gain 30 lbs in 10 months?
    Yeah, 30 pounds in 10 months seems right. But rest assured, it wont be all muscle. Maybe 5-7 pounds will be muslce, all else will be fat. Your doctor probally has no knowledge in BB, so don't take his advise. Remember, his profession is healing/helping/diagnosing people, not training people.

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    clinical doctors arent kinesiologists.

*beast* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *beast* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *beast* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *beast* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *beast* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *beast* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *beast* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *beast* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *beast* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *beast* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *beast* will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    don't listen to doctors, i can tell by my own experience that most of them no nothing about bb...

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by *beast* View Post
    don't listen to doctors, i can tell by my own experience that most of them no nothing about bb...
    your own experience is ran by a 15 year old

Jon Harris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jon Harris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jon Harris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jon Harris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jon Harris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jon Harris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jon Harris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jon Harris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jon Harris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jon Harris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jon Harris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why do you doubt your doctor when it comes to your height? There are growth plates in your wrists I believe that are a great indication if you are done growing or not. Not to mention, if you have had a doctor all your life, they make a graph of your height and if you are at the peak of the graph, more than likely you will not grow that much more. Your doctor would know alot more than your personal trainer.

You aren't going to put on 30lbs of lean mass in 10 months.

riskbling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jon Harris View Post
    Why do you doubt your doctor when it comes to your height? There are growth plates in your wrists I believe that are a great indication if you are done growing or not. Not to mention, if you have had a doctor all your life, they make a graph of your height and if you are at the peak of the graph, more than likely you will not grow that much more. Your doctor would know alot more than your personal trainer.

You aren't going to put on 30lbs of lean mass in 10 months.
    I knew without a doubt 30 lbs of lean mass would not be achievable I have done a lot of homework, but with his goal of 1 lb per month did not seem logical to me. I am a very skinny kid so I am hoping to get my noob gains. I guess I should of left my complaint out about my height, but the trainer seemed like he knew what he was talking about. Maybe it's just because I want to be taller :X Yes he does have a doctors degree for a reason just do not know what the reason is yet.

-SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by loz86 View Post
    you wont gain 30lbs of lean mass.. you'll gain 20lbs of fat and 10lbs of muscle maybe
    You're an idiot.

Originally Posted by *beast* View Post
    You're an idiot.

Yes, most clinical doctors don't have the best advice for the more active so to speak....but saying they are complete idiots just makes you a complete idiot.

By him saying..."You cant really gain much size it is not your build some people are naturally big and some are not."...and judging from your stats, he meant that you are an ectomorph. In other words, very small and lanky. Not trying to be mean, but you can't help it. I would rather be an ectomorph than an endomorph any day of the week...but I'm a mesomorph so **** it all ...hah j/k. But seriously, you're going to have to work your ass off to gain weight is what is meant by that.

Is 30 lbs. in 10 months achievable? IDK, you tell me. If you question yourself...you've already lost, in other words...you don't have the right mind-set. 30 lbs--10 months equates out to 3 lbs.--1 month...very possible. All lean mass??--Not without juice more than likely. But if you do it right, as in push yourself and don't half-ass your lifts...that goal is very possible with minimal fat gain.
    "Courage without a conscience is a wild beast."-Robert G. Ingersoll