jAk88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jAk88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Creatine and running.

I want to discuss both creatine plus and protein shakes with running.

I am a distance runner for my schools track team, and besides bulking up I would like to perform better on my mile times. I have looked into creatine but finally convinced my parents to give it a try. I took creatine today for a test thirty minutes before going to a run, and I felt very energized and pumped up. I suspect it was a result of the creatine?

I also lift weights after running. But I want to drink the creatine before running. Will I have to drink more creatine before lifting weights to replinesh the creatine that I use up while running?

I am sort of new to these supplements and want to get advice from people in the know before I do something I regret that will hinder my performance. I also want to make gains on my muscles for the upper and lower body.

As for protein, I have been drinking that in the mornings and after practice when lifting weights and my muscles turned from flab to hard. So I also suspect that is a result of my increased protein usage.

Anyway, I appreciate the help.

Edit-One thing I noticed when I drank the creatine was later I had uncontrollable urine. Is this a good or bad thing? I have heard other kids at my school having to urinate a lot from drinking creatine, so I suppose this is normal. Again, I would like people who know this stuff to tell me what is going on here as I am still not fully aware of what I am dealing with.

akoch91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akoch91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akoch91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akoch91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've never experienced an increase in energy from creatine in the way that you speak of, only in the sense of shortened recovery time. Maybe somone else can help you with the engergy question. My guess is that it was a self fufilling phophecy thing going on, I don't really know.

Only take the recommended 5g daily of creatine, there is no need to try and replinish it, it will stick with you.

The urine is more likely a result of the increased water consumption that goes along with creatine supplementation, not the creatine itself. Either way, it's normal and you do not need to worry about it.
    -Aaron

chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Studies on creatine with respect to long distance performance (it was done on swimmers) showed no advantage to taking it. If you are only trying to increase your times, creatine most likely will not add anything besides increased repair (although even that was inconclusive) of muscle and a placebo effect.

If you want to gain muscle, as you said you did, then creatine is a great choice.
    Panthers/Tar Heels/Hurricanes/Durham Bulls

85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^That is correct. Creatine does NOTHING for long distance running. Neither does bulking up; why the HELL would you want to put on more weight if your running for distance????

But, if you did your RESEARCH you would know that creatine does NOTHING for high-endurance activities, and therefore does NOTHING for you.

But bulking+creatine are a no-no for long-distance running.
    And that weird "energy" you felt, that was something experienced by taking a new supp into your body, and thinking it did more than what it really does. It was all in your head buddy

18 years old
    5' 11"
    186lbs
    bench- 320x5
    Mil. Press- 220x4
    Leg Press- 680x8
    Curl- 65
    Straight/EZ bar curl- 130
    Hamstring Curl- 180x10
    Row- 180x8
    Pulldowns- 220x4
    8.5% BF
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Now: 22.5
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 212
    Lift:
    Dumbell press: 190lb x8
    Dumbell curl: 130lb x8
    Machined bp: 380lb x8
    12%bf

Airborne, ALL THE WAY

jAk88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jAk88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am not actually trying to 'bulk up' as many of you guys are, but trying to make my body a lot more lean, and lifting weights helps make the body more lean. But I would like to do it quicker.

And I do suspect the energy I felt was in my head. I did feel great running, I was able to practically run four miles at a steady 6 minute race pace.

I have been reading up more and more on creatine and how to properly use it. I am mainly interested in improving my times so anything I can do to help myself, I am willing to try.

chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jAk88
    I have been reading up more and more on creatine and how to properly use it. I am mainly interested in improving my times so anything I can do to help myself, I am willing to try.
    As my previous post stated, studies have shown that creatine will not improve your time because you are a long distance runner. It may (I say may because there is no evidence to support as far as I know) prevent your body from becoming worn-out and fatigued over the entire season, but it will not physically aid (placebo effect may aid you) your time in one race.
    Panthers/Tar Heels/Hurricanes/Durham Bulls

85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    jAk88, you said in your first post that you are trying to "bulk up". The ONLY part of your body you should really be working is your legs, using VERY hi-rep and very low weights. Doing your upperbody will just add uneeded weight that will slow you down. But I guarantee you, taking creatine will do NOTHING for your running. There really is no way to make yourself stronger "quicker", lol.. it always takes time man
    18 years old
    5' 11"
    186lbs
    bench- 320x5
    Mil. Press- 220x4
    Leg Press- 680x8
    Curl- 65
    Straight/EZ bar curl- 130
    Hamstring Curl- 180x10
    Row- 180x8
    Pulldowns- 220x4
    8.5% BF
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Now: 22.5
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 212
    Lift:
    Dumbell press: 190lb x8
    Dumbell curl: 130lb x8
    Machined bp: 380lb x8
    12%bf

Airborne, ALL THE WAY

BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Creatine is more than likely going to automatically make you "bulk up", though not in the way you want. It's gonna lead to increased water weight, which will just slow you down.

Distance runners + Creatine = Mistake.

Rob8701 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It may be helpful to note that more muscle=increased fat burning, though not really worth the trade as the added bulk will slow you down significantly.

You shouldn't be urinating a lot as a result of creatine supplementation. Creatine should dehydrate you, since it causes muscle cell hydration, meaning it drives water into your muscle cells. Hence the reason why we are recommended to drink more water when using creatine. Your uncontrollable urination problem is probably bacause you are drinking too much water
    "All things are difficult before they are easy"-John Norley

lost79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how about creatine for short distance running sprints

Natinion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Creative for long distance runners

I disagree with many of you...I have ran marathons before and it is essential to have very strong legs, core and lower back and creative is the perfect supplement to take to build the strength you need in those areas.

w00dhands is just really nice. (+1000) w00dhands is just really nice. (+1000) w00dhands is just really nice. (+1000) w00dhands is just really nice. (+1000) w00dhands is just really nice. (+1000) w00dhands is just really nice. (+1000) w00dhands is just really nice. (+1000) w00dhands is just really nice. (+1000) w00dhands is just really nice. (+1000) w00dhands is just really nice. (+1000) w00dhands is just really nice. (+1000)
    The creatine phosphate energy system is only utilized during explosive/short duration bouts of exertion. You will be using mainly stored glycogen and aerobic energy systems during long distance running. Creatine will not benefit you in any noticeable way. Creatine is also not a recovery tool. I would just save your money OP

Best way to improve your running time is to run a lot. Eat/rest adequately, and progressively increase your training volume. Don't use carb supplements during training because there is a lot of scientific evidence showing that supplementing with carbs around your training buffers the metabolic adaptation that you want to occur as a result of your training (for you this would be increasing mitochondrial density to make your body more efficient at oxygen exchange)
    Powerlifting. Bodybuilding. Cooking. Gaming. Tech.

*PC MASTER RACE CREW*
    www.youtube.com/channel/UCUAr5-cJuwlZV-JzTRa9cfA
    www.twitch.tv.woodhands
    www.twitter.com/woodhandshs

w00dhands is just really nice. (+1000) w00dhands is just really nice. (+1000) w00dhands is just really nice. (+1000) w00dhands is just really nice. (+1000) w00dhands is just really nice. (+1000) w00dhands is just really nice. (+1000) w00dhands is just really nice. (+1000) w00dhands is just really nice. (+1000) w00dhands is just really nice. (+1000) w00dhands is just really nice. (+1000) w00dhands is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by lost79 View Post
    creatine will help with this

*PC MASTER RACE CREW*
    www.twitch.tv.woodhands

levialec has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) levialec has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) levialec has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) levialec has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) levialec has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) levialec has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) levialec has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) levialec has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Do not take creatine as a distance runner. It only benefits sprinters/middistance runners. Chances are high of muscle tears.. I've seen several of my friends do it at the college level even as sprinters because they didn't balance it correctly with water and other supplements. The protein is fine but no creatine.
    *B.S. in Exercise Science
    *Current Physical Therapy Student (DPT)

Nyrin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nyrin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nyrin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nyrin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nyrin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nyrin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nyrin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nyrin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nyrin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nyrin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nyrin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Guys... brand new poster just revived a 9-year-old thread and you got sucked in.

That said, here's the current marathon world record holder:

I don't think intracellular volumization is part of the distance running success formula.
    [Log] Prime Nutrition Stack: bbcom.me/1Acr9Pt
    [Log] iForce's MaxOut: bbcom.me/1rkIzuD
    [Log] Ergogenix's ErgoBlast: bbcom.me/1rauhby
    [Log] Team GAT's Adenoflex : bbcom.me/SVvSGf
    [Log] iSatori's Eat Smart Shakes : bbcom.me/1qg0Fdb
    [Review] Beast Lineup: bbcom.me/1oftt7r
    [Review] Vega's New Bars: bbcom.me/1quvixC

pulpNi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pulpNi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pulpNi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pulpNi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pulpNi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pulpNi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pulpNi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pulpNi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pulpNi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pulpNi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pulpNi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    haha

Originally Posted by Nyrin View Post
    Guys... brand new poster just revived a 9-year-old thread and you got sucked in.

That said, here's the current marathon world record holder:

I don't think intracellular volumization is part of the distance running success formula.
    lmao ****, we totally did

*PC MASTER RACE CREW*
    www.twitch.tv.woodhands

BenBlue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BenBlue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BenBlue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BenBlue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BenBlue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BenBlue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BenBlue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BenBlue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BenBlue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BenBlue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BenBlue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Creatine increases your ATP which in turn aids short bursts of energy, not long distance, endurance training. It is ideal for weight training.

jeremywinright has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would disagree with some responses. I take creatine before basketball games. This does not make me faster by any means what it does is helps my legs not tire out as fast. Just like in weight lifting with creatine it helps you put up more reps. Since your running long distance I dont know the impact it would have for that long of running but i dont think it would hurt you to take before running.

Must Unify Korea 나는 한국 통합 KimJong-il's Avatar
    KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by lost79 View Post
    This is where you probably will notice it the most performance wise.
    Supreme Leader of Thermolife

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife

Davey007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Use Creatine In The Off Season

I recently got into Creatine and did my research as well. These guys are right in saying that Creatine has very little to do with increasing your endurance and run times. If you're looking to take it for recovery; just stick to a good diet and casein protein and take it at night for a great full effect. As for advice on what you might be looking for...
    Something considerably new to the market is CONCENTRATED BEET JUICE. Read up on this. And I'm sure you're parents will be more than willing to let you try this. The end goal with beet juice is increasing oxygen to the blood through a pack load of nitrates found in beets.

DeerKcin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DeerKcin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DeerKcin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DeerKcin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DeerKcin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DeerKcin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DeerKcin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DeerKcin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DeerKcin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DeerKcin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DeerKcin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've read it's good prior to resistance training but aerobic training can cause cardiovascular issues, if you do take it though it's more optimal in weights or at least definitely after cardio.