numberonebg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

1,000 sit ups per day?!

I have read that some celebrites do 1000 crunches per day. What do you think about working up to 1,000 crunches per day? Overkill? If you work up to that many i don't think its that bad of an idea to really show off a 6 pack, if bf is low enough. Any thoughts?

nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Situps don't build a 6-pack. Low bodyfat does. 1,000 situps per day is ineffective overkill. If you want larger abs (once the bodyfat is low enough to make them visible), then weighted ab exercises will help you out. Super-high reps of anything just builds endurance, not size.

lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by numberonebg
    I have read that some celebrites do 1000 crunches per day. What do you think about working up to 1,000 crunches per day? Overkill? If you work up to that many i don't think its that bad of an idea to really show off a 6 pack, if bf is low enough. Any thoughts?
    whats the point of doing 1,000 sit ups if you cant see the resault(6 pack) ...also do weighted ab exercises. ...best of luck....diet is the way that helps you see the 6 pack...ok

BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    lotz of cardio will do

mugget has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i guess it may work for some people, but generally i'd have to agree with everyone else here.

also when you're doing crunches make sure that when you've got your hands behind your head that your elbows go out to your sides. up until last week i had been pointing my elbows up in front of my face, which is the wrong way to do it. keep your elbows out to the sides and you'll find that it's much, much more effective.

gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i dunno about the whole doing 1000 sit ups to keep the 6 pack showing but crunches are a part of my cardio routine. i do stadiums and i usually do 50 crunches at the bottom of each stairway or soemthing liek that. keeps my heart rate up yet gives my legs a chance to rest so i can go longer.

keal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keal has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    For the past year, my ab routine was 3 sets of 10 decline sit-ups, 3 days a week. No weights, and I did them slow and controlled. Very painless routine, and you'd swear that it wasn't doing anything. I'd say this is a very minimal ab workout. By dropping my body fat, I have a nice washboard showing. I'd bet that you don't have to do *any* ab work and you'd have a teeny six-pack once the body fat went down!

I know a lot of runners who go nuts doing ab supersets, and they swear it helps strengthen their core muscles to aid in endurance running (such as marathons) but I haven't seen one of them run any harder or faster than I do. So I don't see the value of doing lots of ab-specific work even for endurance purposes. My guess is that people who aren't really knowledgeable about how to workout efficiently simply make up their minds that doing a lot of repetitions will whip a body part into shape. If that were true, you'd see everyone doing 500 leg presses to get rid of that inner thigh fat

My amateur advice would be to drop the body fat so you can see your ab muscles, and then you can start doing various ab exercises to develop the parts you want so you can get the shape you desire. Until you drop the fat, do a minimal amount of ab work, if any. If not, you might overdevelop your abs and end up with a thick, muscular center. Not bad, but if you want a trophy-shaped body, you'll have to make your upper body bigger to match your core. And that can be pretty tough!

Here's a great tip: Anytime someone gives you advice in person, look at their body. If they don't look like they're following their own advice, then take their words lightly. So if a potbellied powerlifter tells you your ab routine is wrong and you should do it another way, say 'Oh, that sounds good!' but continue to do things your way. Telling him he's wrong will only make him power clean you in front of the ladies!

With that said, I feel like doing 2,000 hanging leg raises tomorrow morning
    It's not my fault! You did it! I blame you! It's all your fault! What did you do? I dunno, don't ask me! It's not my fault!

lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by numberonebg
    i also ment to mention on last message 1,000 crunches a day is crap ......will people read some books on bodybuilding before they begin weights. 1 man i will always read..STUART MCROBERT...his book beyond brawn is fantastic.abs 3 times a week is fine 4 sets of 10-20 . make it tough on yourself ok.

keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by gymaddict01
    i dunno about the whole doing 1000 sit ups to keep the 6 pack showing but crunches are a part of my cardio routine. i do stadiums and i usually do 50 crunches at the bottom of each stairway or soemthing liek that. keeps my heart rate up yet gives my legs a chance to rest so i can go longer.
    Agreed -- ab routines are great alternate forms of cardio for the strength trainer. You can work up a good heart rate and firm up your torso while not having to put up with the boring stationary bike.

I also like to cool down for a few minutes on the rowing machine after back workouts, I find it helps loosen the core muscles and speeds recovery.

HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by lonewolfshome
    whats the point of doing 1,000 sit ups if you cant see the resault(6 pack) ...
    Core endurance.

P-Chan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P-Chan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1000 a day? hmmm... i laugh at their face if they think they can get 6 pack..

yhea basically it's an overkill.. pointless and useless.. i've read some people in another forum boast of 600 situps in the morining and 600 situps at night... dumba$$ hahaha..
    Oinky oink oink

Helis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Helis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Helis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Helis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Helis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Helis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Helis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Helis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Helis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Helis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Helis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by P-Chan View Post
    pointless and useless..
    Not unlike bumping a 2 year old thread about a nonsense subject.

IronMan316 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronMan316 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronMan316 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronMan316 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronMan316 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronMan316 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronMan316 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronMan316 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronMan316 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronMan316 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronMan316 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by numberonebg View Post
    thats because a lot of idiots haven't realized that spot treatment doesn't work (i.e. the idea that doing high reps on a specific exercise will help burn fat in that area).

^lol didn't even notice that

TurboNick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yes its useless for 6 pack abs or whatever the case is, but for the training ive done and the courses i go for in the military they insist on being able to do 500-1000 without any support on your feet. ive seen guys do more and i would just like to know the best technique to increase that ability along with pushups, chinups and running.

Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000)
    Tell me one that has done this, and has a decent physique??

Cause of the few that have a good physique, they didn't do sit-ups!!!

Do what you want but OP, it's your body
    Snatch- 93
    C&J- 113
    Before injury

BS- 5x145
    FS- 3x125

@~72

landus123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landus123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landus123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landus123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landus123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landus123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landus123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landus123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landus123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landus123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landus123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Danmacca View Post
    Tell me one that has done this, and has a decent physique??

Cause of the few that have a good physique, they didn't do sit-ups!!!

Do what you want but OP, it's your body
    Serge Nubret, 2000 a day, everyday.

Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by landus123 View Post
    Serge Nubret, 2000 a day, everyday.
    And a lot of other stuff..

He's training protocol would in no way benefit op
    Snatch- 93
    C&J- 113
    Before injury

BS- 5x145
    FS- 3x125

@~72

Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How do people manage to find these 8 year old threads?

Originally Posted by Mdenatale View Post
    Hahahah!! I didn't even notice..

It just came up on the app as a recent post
    Snatch- 93
    C&J- 113
    Before injury

BS- 5x145
    FS- 3x125

@~72

mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mdenatale View Post
    Because when you are looking through a recent thread, often there are related threads in a list at the bottom of the page, people click these related threads and don't realise the thread is many years old.

I've come close to replying to old threads, but then always check the thread date!!

Not justifying why these people do it, they should check the dates, but explaining HOW it most likely happens.