Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Teen_Titan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How do I get a Swimmer's Body?

Ok, I'm 14, around 132-134 and I am aiming towards a well defined swimmer's body. With nice abs and a good chest. I will be turning 15 in 9 days.
    What do I need to do to get this body type?
    Weight: 161 lbs.
    Height: 5'11"

violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sounds like someone should start swimming.

Well you mentioned chest and abs, so you should definitely work those. Swimmers have pretty low bodyfat most of the time too, and pretty big lats. So, chest, back, and abs, and you're almost there. However, you might as well work everything b/c trust me you'll look better...
    Short black leather skirts, stomach tattoo, glitter panties, sexy belt...had to have you...

Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Teen_Titan
    How do I get a Swimmer's Body?

Swim

Get out of my face! equilibrium's Avatar
    equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Swim

hehe Ya'll beat me to that...yeah start swimming you answered your own question mate...

Originally Posted by Aftershock
    Swim
    Thats obvious, but how can I achieve my goal with weights? And what would be the best things to workout and whats a good routine?

whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    when i was on the swim team a while ago, i used to swim with clothes on to make it harder, with the resistence..
    RIP Wesley aka Iron Addict

Overtraining: What it is and what it isn't. And why you've stalled.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1715261

Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thats obvious, but how can I achieve my goal with weights? And what would be the best things to workout and whats a good routine?

Go to micheal phelps or however you spell his name lol. Look up his routine he probabaly has a website or something

equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You mentioned your birthday is in 9 days time. Well, as a birthday present ask for money from your parents and order yourself some decent supplements. I start of with whey protein. The rest you have to do yourself.
    You pay your dues....and your hard work will pay off
    Good luck man

bigbodybuilder is not very well liked. (-100) bigbodybuilder is not very well liked. (-100) bigbodybuilder is not very well liked. (-100) bigbodybuilder is not very well liked. (-100) bigbodybuilder is not very well liked. (-100) bigbodybuilder is not very well liked. (-100) bigbodybuilder is not very well liked. (-100) bigbodybuilder is not very well liked. (-100) bigbodybuilder is not very well liked. (-100) bigbodybuilder is not very well liked. (-100) bigbodybuilder is not very well liked. (-100)
    no disrespect but why a swimmers body? youll look like the stick of my blinker on my car with clothes on.

Ok, well, I want something close to it, with nice sholders, arms, chest and defined abs. So yeah, a swimmers body with thicker arms .

icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by equilibrium
    You mentioned your birthday is in 9 days time. Well, as a birthday present ask for money from your parents and order yourself some decent supplements. I start of with whey protein. The rest you have to do yourself.
    You pay your dues....and your hard work will pay off
    Good luck man

thts ricidulous hes only starting of weights why jump straight into supps

he wants a well defined body not a body builder type.

what i would suggest would be to work on cardio (ie swimming running etc) but also do weights as well.
    Starting Weight: 125lbs - dec 2004
    Weight Now: 190lbs - April 2009
    Future Goal: 200lbs
    Height: 5ft 8inches
    Training Time: 4years 5Months

Updated: April 09
    Pic is in my Profile!!
    65lbs gained - 4years 2Months

" Bodybuilding starts from the fridge! that doesnt mean deadlift it! " LOL

Originally Posted by icepack

what i would suggest would be to work on cardio (ie swimming running etc) but also do weights as well.
    Thanks, someone who took this seriously, anywho. What type of workouts/exercises would you recommed? And I wouldn't have to bulk right?

It's no secret whey protein works miracles....you need protein to build some muscle man...and just by taking protein supplements you wont get that bodybuilder frame type....

B.S. Kinesiology CSCS Vipersg123's Avatar
    Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    just workout

How much will that stuff cost? Good thing is, my friend and I will be working out together and we can share the cost on this whey protien. But should I just lift for a year or so and then start taking whey?

Bulk....no you dont need to since your goal is to get "a well defined swimmer's body" Heres a routine you may want to follow.
    Day1: Chest and Biceps
    Day2: Back and Traps
    Day3: Rest
    Day4: Legs
    Day5: Shoulders and Triceps
    Day6: Rest
    Day7: Rest

On two of the three rest days do some cardio...eg swimming running cycling...whatever floats your boat

icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks, someone who took this seriously, anywho. What type of workouts/exercises would you recommed? And I wouldn't have to bulk right?

no worries man i know what you will be going through. thts what i aimed for last year and succeeded im bulking now instead,

i went swimming mon - wed - fri and weight trained tuesday and thurs

tuesday - upper body

thursday - lower body

i workedout in a circuit training method doing 3sets of 1 exercise per muscle part. i.e

chest - bench press
    shoulders - military press
    arm - d/b curls

etc etc and i also worked my abs of at night on my swimming days

good luck buddy. IMO it worked for me, but ive changed my phase and im bulking up now,

Pic is in my Profile!!

OK...i admit i did something dumb....my bad teen titan. Listen forget the whey. Just eat right and try to obtain as much protein from whole foods such as eggs chicken turkey milk fish etc etc and start your day off with complex carbs such as oatmeal...Sorry for the wrong advice at the begining.
    Train, EAT, rest grow

Thanks for the help guys! I'll try and keep you guys posted on my progress. I start working out with my first by April 5th or 6th.

Brads Results Not Typical skullcrusher45's Avatar
    skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Ya since we all know steroids like whey and creatine will instantly make you look like Jay and Ronnie. If you want a swimmers body then i dont know...swim? Or you can find a routine on the Poppa Pump sticky Bodybuilding for Beginners and work your entire body. Trust me, just because you do a routine that bodybuilders do doesnt mean your going to look like them. That takes years od dedication, genetics, hard work, and eating.
    5k+

Adski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So are you guys saying there is not really much need for a proper planned diet, counting cals, pro, carbs etc.. in order for this boy to achieve his goal? Just lift weights and cardio?
    Set a goal and stick to it. Determination is everything.

Start bulk now 18/05/04 and this time i'll be consistant!

Max Bench; 220
    Max Squat; 240 Height; 5'8 BF; 11%
    Bicep; 14" Chest; 40" Waist; 28"

Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "There are only two ways a man can fail - he gives up, or he dies"

ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

he wants to get all the girls like the guy in that picture

Well, I want something like this, http://i.timeinc.net/time/magazine/a...040809_400.jpg

But with bigger arms, a little bigger chest and more defined abs.

madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Seriously man, swim more! And swimmers generally aren't sticks. Not good sprint swimmers anyway. Shoulders, lats, and triceps are probably the most important muscles for a swimmer.
    Squat: 264 lbs

Originally Posted by ghostfacekilla
    he wants to get all the girls like the guy in that picture
    no he wants a nice athletic body and a healthier lifestyle!

Pic is in my Profile!!

no he wants a nice athletic body and a healthier lifestyle!
    Exactly!

madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This is me around my 15th birthday: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../meswitz12.jpg
    At that time I didn't regularly lift weights, just swam about 4 times per week doing 4.5-5km each time. So that plus weight training and you could get your desired physique without too much difficulty, just a bit of dedication.
    Squat: 264 lbs

Super Duper Producer Chris Tempest's Avatar
    Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by violinlifter
    Sounds like someone should start swimming.

Well you mentioned chest and abs, so you should definitely work those. Swimmers have pretty low bodyfat most of the time too, and pretty big lats. So, chest, back, and abs, and you're almost there. However, you might as well work everything b/c trust me you'll look better...
    Hey, what happened to all your reps?

Yeah,thanks, I want to be bigger then that. You already know what I want lol.