iLLRanJhA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iLLRanJhA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iLLRanJhA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iLLRanJhA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question ~i lost 50 lbs but i still have a gut?

hey people heres the deal i started at 262 and tomm is my weekly weigh in im pretty sure my weight is gonna be around 212ish

but anyways, so i lost 50 lbs since december of 06 but like i still have 'moobs' and gut (visable difference since), i have been working out/cardio but im focusing more on diet than anything else...what can be the flaw?

plus im eating right 4-5 small meals a day, and going to the gym...

oh and another question...i was wondering if you see a difference on the scale does that nessercerily mean there is also a physical difference

oh and my goal is 90 lbs all together
    Weight Loss Status
    Jan 07 : 265 lbs
    Jan 12 : 228 lbs

Goals
    Jun 12 : 180 lbs
    Sept 12 : 172 lbs

Phil.Graham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phil.Graham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phil.Graham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phil.Graham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phil.Graham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phil.Graham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phil.Graham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phil.Graham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phil.Graham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phil.Graham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phil.Graham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sounds like your doing a good job man, i was the same situation as you. i was around 250 now i am 197.. i still have a bit of a gut and fat here and there. cardio has been helping, also working out tones the muscle and makes them bigger. so put both together and keep it up. we cant get ripped over night

Penguin-Slide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Penguin-Slide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Penguin-Slide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Penguin-Slide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Penguin-Slide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Penguin-Slide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Penguin-Slide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Penguin-Slide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Penguin-Slide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Penguin-Slide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Penguin-Slide has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Do some more lifting, it sounds like your lbm is too low.

stevenadrien has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenadrien has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenadrien has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenadrien has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenadrien has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenadrien has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just because there is a change in the scale does not mean you lost fat..

I'm seriously thinking in investing calipers..It seems has it's the most cheapest way to get accurate results..You should do the same?

celeronpm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had the same problem like you. I started with a trainer when I was 300 pounds. Over the course of the year, I went down to 240. I lost fat around my arms, legs, etc... but my gut was identical, including the size of the love handles. The trainer was stumped and said she never saw anything as stubborn as my belly. Either way, I didn't like the feeling of being so much lighter and not loosing the one part of my body I was intending to loose. I just stopped the cardio and continued lifting. I now see that muscles are growing in size which make me feel better then if I had continued loosing weight. Personal preference I guess.

Mod Hated My Prev Title b.spencer's Avatar
    b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    For most men, the last place that fat will come off is the abdominal region. It's just where we want to store fat, and why a six pack is so highly prized. I lost inches on my stomach but it hung back compared to the rest of me until the last 20 pounds or so of my loss. Then the weight just fell away from it.

Keep up the diet/cardio but you MUST add a solid weight training program. It's the only way to build what we all want to see in the mirror.
    "You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They'll race behind you. They will stumble; they will fall. But, in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders." Jor-El
    ---
    Kris Gethin's Body By Design, pg. 43/44 (Yes, that s me)

iLLRanJhA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iLLRanJhA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iLLRanJhA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iLLRanJhA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for the replies homies
    Weight Loss Status

Goals

bujj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bujj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bujj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bujj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bujj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bujj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what height are you?

Registered User wh08MY54nDW1cH?'s Avatar
    wh08MY54nDW1cH? will become famous soon enough. (+50) wh08MY54nDW1cH? will become famous soon enough. (+50) wh08MY54nDW1cH? will become famous soon enough. (+50) wh08MY54nDW1cH? will become famous soon enough. (+50) wh08MY54nDW1cH? will become famous soon enough. (+50) wh08MY54nDW1cH? will become famous soon enough. (+50) wh08MY54nDW1cH? will become famous soon enough. (+50) wh08MY54nDW1cH? will become famous soon enough. (+50) wh08MY54nDW1cH? will become famous soon enough. (+50) wh08MY54nDW1cH? will become famous soon enough. (+50) wh08MY54nDW1cH? will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    im 6'2" Ive gone from around 265/270 down to 195and i still have a little gut

i kind of slacked off this summer but im back on track now so hopefully a few more months and it will be on nearly gone

Originally Posted by bujj View Post
    what height are you?
    6' 1''
    Weight Loss Status

Goals

qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    im ~5'10" and cut down from ~250lbs to under 180 and still had a bit of a gut and moobs. of course i looked better, but not as good as i did when i bulked back up to 197. its really just a matter of building up lean mass and getting around to cutting back down to a more reasonable compostion.
    *********DISCOUNT CODES********* save money and support bodybuilding.com!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=49461171&postcount=65

*********DISCOUNT CODES********* save money and support bodybuilding.com!

"Having a long or frequent memory for mistakes and a short or infrequent memory for successes is a guaranteed way to develop fear of failure. High achievers dwell on what they do well and spend very little time evaluating themselves and their performances."

-Dr. John Eliot

shersman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shersman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shersman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shersman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shersman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shersman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shersman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shersman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shersman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shersman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shersman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by qw3r View Post
    im ~5'10" and cut down from ~250lbs to under 180 and still had a bit of a gut and moobs. of course i looked better, but not as good as i did when i bulked back up to 197. its really just a matter of building up lean mass and getting around to cutting back down to a more reasonable compostion.
    I love reading stuff like this, it gets me so pumped!

Im 5'11, dropped from 260 to 210 now, and still going(goal is around 180-190 and 15%). down to 25% from 35% and I cant wait for the gut to disappear, but in the interim I have fat disappearing from wierd places. it leaves me desiring that flat stomach. but until then, I salute you guys in the same persuit as myself.

I cant wait for my bulk. yeah cutting sucks, even though Im still seeing big gains in all my lifts, but the visual progress is probably much more now than it will be later. I dont know if everyone is as wierd as me, but I love the little goals that I set for myself. "see more defined collarbones and other wierd things like that." =P

since Im not quite past you yet, good luck losing the gut. you have lots of support here, and Im wishing you the best.

derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    190 and still have some moobs.

I think they're going to be the last to go... I've just accepted the fact that I'll have em and a gut until I'm 10% bf.

That means I have to go from my original 250 - down to my 170 or less.

Keep at it man.
    A tree can't grow to heaven unless it's roots reach down to hell.

granma lifts more than u! ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!'s Avatar
    ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000)
    As stated the spare tire area / inner thighs / butt are the last to drop fat and pretty much in that order with belly being the very last ..
    Best thing to do is really work your lower back , glutes , abs and love handles so the muscle underneath the chub will be awesome when the fat drops

Registered User misstransformer's Avatar
    misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by iLLRanJhA View Post
    hey people heres the deal i started at 262 and tomm is my weekly weigh in im pretty sure my weight is gonna be around 212ish

but anyways, so i lost 50 lbs since december of 06 but like i still have 'moobs' and gut (visable difference since), i have been working out/cardio but im focusing more on diet than anything else...what can be the flaw?

plus im eating right 4-5 small meals a day, and going to the gym...

oh and another question...i was wondering if you see a difference on the scale does that nessercerily mean there is also a physical difference

oh and my goal is 90 lbs all together
    Congratulations on your 50 lb loss!! I'm so happy for you. I've read it can take up to 18 months for skin to fully tighten. I think Qw3r has the right idea. Just hang in there, things will balance out. Miss T

PatMac is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatMac is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatMac is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatMac is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatMac is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatMac is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatMac is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatMac is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatMac is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatMac is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatMac is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by qw3r View Post
    Likewise, most people who were obese (myself included) cut down to be skinny-fat and the only solution is to bulk up - you need muscle to get that lean <10% look most people want