Living in a vacuum sucks forgot password's Avatar
    forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

How much do knee wraps help?

Also can someone point me in the direction of a site that explains how to wrap your knees?
    I drive really slow
    In the ultra-fast lane
    While people behind me are going insane

Marriage is a great institution, but I'm not ready for an institution yet.

My Karma ran over your dogma.
    ,___,
    [O.o]
    /)__)
    -"--"- o'Rly

powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Some claim 50-70lbs from wraps. To me that means they're weak mentally. Wraps don't add a single ounce to my max, but they keep my knees from hurting in the few days after a max attempt.
    6' 260lbs
    Squat: 270 Kg(595 lbs)
    Bench: 165 Kg(364 lbs)
    Dead: 245 Kg(540 lbs)
    Total: 680 Kg(1499 lbs)

'06 Goals:
    300, 200, 300 for an 800kg total
    Get back to 242lb class

italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by NewBlackDak
    Some claim 50-70lbs from wraps. To me that means they're weak mentally. Wraps don't add a single ounce to my max, but they keep my knees from hurting in the few days after a max attempt.
    THey do add to your max, in some cases just that much. If you wrap them tight enough and cant bend your knees without a sufficent amount of weight on your back then they should add a significant amount to your max.
    Arizona State University Sun Devils

Looking to cut down to around 242 (Currently 333)
    Goal is to loose a **** ton of fat, and get back into powerlifting.

Most Recent maxes
    Bench-340
    Squat-550
    Clean-127.5kg
    Deadlift-Not sure

SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Knee wraps can add 100 lbs to your squat if wrapped correctly, and super tight. The Inzer knee wraps are 2 meters long, making it so you can get more revolutions around the knee, hence more support. Knee wraps DEFINITELY add to the squat.

Semper Fi
    Sgt Rock
    USMC

italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by SGT ROCK
    Knee wraps can add 100 lbs to your squat if wrapped correctly, and super tight. The Inzer knee wraps are 2 meters long, making it so you can get more revolutions around the knee, hence more support. Knee wraps DEFINITELY add to the squat.

Semper Fi
    Sgt Rock
    USMC
    Wow, I think somebody just agreed with me.
    Arizona State University Sun Devils

Looking to cut down to around 242 (Currently 333)
    Goal is to loose a **** ton of fat, and get back into powerlifting.

Most Recent maxes
    Bench-340
    Squat-550
    Clean-127.5kg
    Deadlift-Not sure

Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by italianbencher
    Wow, I think somebody just agreed with me.
    I'm going to make your day and make it 2, as I agree as well. Wraps definitely add to your squat unless you are using the wrong kind of wrap or not wrapping tight. A loose wrap will give you support but when you crank them down tight, you are going to get some rebound out of the bottom. You can even go so far as to decide which kind of wrap complements the suit you wear too. A lot of the canvas suit lifters like a wrap with more spring, while a lot of poly suit users like a wrap that is more cast like. I am the latter, with a poly suit and thick wraps.

R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    wraps help most out of the hole, they give a spring effect when you're down at parellel, or whever you choose to stop down there, mabe you aren't going far enough, enough just an inch or two above parallel and wraps won't help that much
    "Live like a bad son of a bitch and let's play some ball"
    - Lawrence Taylor

hang cleans - 315x3
    squats - 365x17, 435x10, 500x1, all with wraps only
    bench - 375x1, 225x23
    incline - 315x3

HARDCORE Croquet

PM me if I owe you reps and it's been 3+ days since the bet

powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SGT ROCK

Semper Fi
    Sgt Rock
    USMC

For those of you who dont know, Sgt Rock is a world class deadlifter. Check him out over at MonsterMuscle.com. Have a question about deadlifting, he is the man to ask!

http://www.powermagonline.com/cgi-bi...?ubb=forum&f=4

NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Let me re-phrase it then. If you're strong out of the hole(like I am) then wraps won't help much.
    I'm strong on the bottom and on the top. Where I have problems is about 10° of movement right in the middle of the movement. Basically I try to explode out of the hole wether I'm wearing wraps or not, so momentum will carry me through the dead spot in my movement. The wraps don't help me move any faster than I already do.
    Last edited by NewBlackDak; 04-03-2005 at 07:02 PM.
    6' 260lbs
    Squat: 270 Kg(595 lbs)
    Bench: 165 Kg(364 lbs)
    Dead: 245 Kg(540 lbs)
    Total: 680 Kg(1499 lbs)

'06 Goals:
    300, 200, 300 for an 800kg total
    Get back to 242lb class

SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not true, you need to learn to have the wrap HELP you. Regardless of sticking point you can get 75-100 lbs out of your wraps with practice. If you create more SPEED out of the hole, you will carry it through your sticking point. My sticking point is around the half way point, I ACCELERATE through it using the wraps as an added boost. I put wraps on at 600lbs and can go all the way to 700, over 700 I add a loose suit. I only weigh 235 or so, you too can get 100lbs out of your wraps, just practice and have faith my bro's!

Semper Fi
    Sgt Rock
    USMC

chris mason is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris mason is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris mason is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris mason is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris mason is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris mason is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris mason is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris mason is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris mason is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris mason is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris mason is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lol, wraps don't help...

As Rock said the wraps will help significantly. As there is rotation around the knees anything that resists bending around the knee will increase the load one can handle.

RedHulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have just started powerlifting. I weigh about 195-200 lbs, and I have so far done all raw lifts (I do use a belt though)... I can get nearly 500 on deadlift, but my squat sucks... I always get stuck at the bottom... will wraps really help get me out of the hole, as most of you have said? or Will my inexperience with them lead me to still get stuck?
    Eat, Sleep, Train

ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000)
    I wrap fairly loose in training once I get to around 85%. I think the loose wraps give me more of a mental boost than anything.

I save the tight wrapps for PRs and contest time, and of course you can get some added pounds out of that.
    Training Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142931161

R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I wouldn't use em yet, no sense covering up a weak point this early in the game. Train to fix the problem for now, once you've been at it a few years I'd say go for it.
    "Live like a bad son of a bitch and let's play some ball"
    - Lawrence Taylor

hang cleans - 315x3
    squats - 365x17, 435x10, 500x1, all with wraps only
    bench - 375x1, 225x23
    incline - 315x3

HARDCORE Croquet

PM me if I owe you reps and it's been 3+ days since the bet

Funky_monkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i used knee wraps for the 1st time abt 2 months ago. i'm 20 and my knees are already dying. it does help if i go for 3 reps or lower. i bought a cheap pair of 2m dorian yates' wraps and the 1st time i wrapped my knees i hit a 55lb PR. i'm not an expert in wrapping knees but keep it tight. start 3 inches max above the knee cap and finish 3 inches max below. any more and you'll have to space it out too much, there will be gaps and no support. it should make ur legs feel numb if you try to do more than one set. by the time i've finished wrapping my right knee my left leg is numb

Registered User randall_truscot's Avatar
    randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500)
    Hey SGT Rock

glad to see you on the forms,.

im the guy that video taped your 600x10 at NERB.

Randall
    Kirk Karwoski Wanna Be

Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000)
    This is a real old thread Randall- those Sgt Rock posts were over a year ago!

Registered User randall_truscot's Avatar
    randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500) randall_truscot is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Danimal
    This is a real old thread Randall- those Sgt Rock posts were over a year ago!
    oops

lol
    Kirk Karwoski Wanna Be