Bigh203 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigh203 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Peanut Butter in the morning(dieting)

I'm trying to find some new foods to eat for Breakfast. I'm in college and the dining hall offers some options for healthy food but things get dull real quick. Lately I've been eating this for breakfast; I take one slice of bread and put one spread of peanut butter on it(not a lot but enough to cover most of the bread. I eat that and have a cup of black coffee with one packet of Splenda(Sometimes I add a splash of Skim milk to the coffee).

1 slice of 100% whole wheat bread, 50 calories, 10 grams of carbs, 1 gram of sugar, 3 grams of fiber.

I don't know the nutrition facts of the peanut butter because they serve it in these big bowls for everyone to use.

I don't usually eat a lot in the morning mostly because I'm strapped for time and I'm not hungry in the mornings but this feasible for now? I can't get proper nutrition until I had back and thats in May. For now I hope this is good enough for breakfast.

afftonz28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afftonz28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afftonz28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afftonz28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afftonz28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afftonz28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afftonz28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afftonz28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afftonz28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afftonz28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) afftonz28 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would for sure get some sort of protein in there. Breakfast is the most important meal, its what gets your metabolism goin and gives you energy for the day. The peanut butter isnt a bad choice neither is the bread....but im sure since its at a dining hall its going to be white bread and its goin to be like jiffy PB. If you can throw in some hardboild eggs and eat the whites or some sort of meat that they serve. And I always say its good to add fruit. Breakfast should be one of the biggest meals of the day in my opinion. Just add some more food but use your judgement.

saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    that is no where near enough cals. thats about 150 cals, give or take if all you eat is a slice of bread and some pb. id be weary of school pb, first off because they dont cater to the bb lifestyle and buy natural peanut butter. it is probably jiff or something that has added sugar and trans fat, not good. the bread is fine as long as it doesnt contain bad ingridients like high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oil, and enriched flour. you need some protein in the meal too. some yogurt, eggs, cottage cheese, milk, anything cause you have none. and you need to eat more in general. at least more bread and some fruit too, or try oats or something.
    this signature was purchased by melon:

"incongruous penguin"

Bigh203 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigh203 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    They serve hardboiled eggs sometimes but not every morning. Before this I was having a protein shake the minute I woke up. I would use about two scoops of ON 100% in water and head out. I'll try to find some natural peanut butter at a health food store and use that. The whole wheat bread they have at the dining hall is good though. I didn't notice any bad ingredients in it and the nutrition facts was impressive for a slice of bread. I'll try to toast two slices of the bread and grab three hardboiled eggs when they have them.

They also got scrambled eggs but with yolk and they use a lot of butter when they cook it.

I'd drink milk too but I'm already trying to reduce my sugar intake however I did hear that the sugar in milk is good for you as opposed to the **** you find in pastries and what not. They also serve yogurt but I'm not sure what kind.

I found out that the local markey has the Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter. I'm thinking of buying a few of em but I can't find out how much Trans. Fat is in their brand of natural peanut butter.

olotti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olotti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olotti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olotti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olotti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olotti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olotti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olotti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olotti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olotti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olotti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There are no trans fats in natty pb that is one of the benefits of it. It is only salt and peanuts. Beware it is addicting though.

Originally Posted by olotti
    There are no trans fats in natty pb that is one of the benefits of it. It is only salt and peanuts. Beware it is addicting though.
    Yea I was checkin the Nutrition facts of the Smuckers natural and its 210 calories per serving and only 1 gram of sugar. Is the Smucker's brand a good choice for Natural Peanut Butter?

olotti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olotti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olotti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olotti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olotti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olotti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olotti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olotti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olotti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olotti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olotti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sure, it is also what I buy but any natty pb should be good.

You're doing it wrong. BladeRun's Avatar
    BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sure, that's all I buy.

Stick to your 2 peices of whole wheat toast & pb and your protein shake, look into adding a banana in there & you should be ok. And if I were you i'd use skim milk in my morning shake as well.
    "You are a factory of sadness."

What type do you get? the creamy or the reduced fat one?

I'll probably have the natural peanut butter, two slices of whole wheat, and a cup of skim milk. When they have hardboiled eggs I'll grab that instead. I wish they had oats for breakfast cuz I would eat them too.

saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Bigh203
    What type do you get? the creamy or the reduced fat one?

I'll probably have the natural peanut butter, two slices of whole wheat, and a cup of skim milk. When they have hardboiled eggs I'll grab that instead. I wish they had oats for breakfast cuz I would eat them too.
    creamy or chunky it doesnt matter, dont get reduced fat. you are eating peanut butter for the fats, reduced fat removes some monounsaturated fats(good fat) and adds in maltodextrin(sugar) to compensate. also more bread or fruit is a really good idea. probably both, and you do not need to fear the sugars from fruit and milk. they are natural so they are not bad for you.
    this signature was purchased by melon:

"incongruous penguin"

Thanks for all the help fellas.