bullydog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bullydog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bullydog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bullydog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bullydog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bullydog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bullydog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bullydog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bullydog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bullydog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bullydog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Somewhat unusual question about ATG squats

I've decided to switch over to ATG squads in my workouts, but I have a procederal question first. Where do you put the safety bars on the rack? Assuming you truly do go all the way down on the squat (and the bars need to be below you in order to not interfere with your ROM), if you can't complete the rep the only options you have are to fall forward or backwards correct? I don't know about anyone else, but my shoulder would surely dislocate if I did this. Does this mean you can't do these types of squats without a spotter?

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i set mine about an inch below where my ROM starts. unless you've got some funky power rack, you should be able to set them that low (hell, i set mine for floor pressing and it works fine for that)
    <->

alexc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Put the safeties just below your ROM. Do a couple test reps with the bar to get a feel.
    My training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=393808

raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000)
    You are strong on the negative than on the positive. If you can't complete a rep you can still control it back down. I've maxed on full range olympic squats, and not made an attemt. My sticking point isn't too far above the bars anyway.
    "However, the strength of the hamstring muscles is crucial to fully exploit the strength potential of the quads and ultimately the vertical force that the athlete is able to impart to the barbell." - Andrew Charniga, Jr.