stevebutchamp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sodium intake = vascularity / tight skin

hello,

I am trying to increase my vascularity and make my skin look tighter. I am drinking 8 cups of water a day (at least) and am on a good diet. What are the best ways to get my skin looking tighter?

Also, one of my meals in the day consists of a can of tuna mixed with egg whites and celery. I heard that canned foods have too much sodium .. what is a fresh food low sodium alternative to canned tuna? Also, packaged turkey and ham seems to have a LOT of sodium and preservatives.. How can I work around this?

Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This is all my opinion, so don't take it as fact.

Competitors cut sodium out to temporarily lose water weight for a competition or a short period of time, cutting sodium out for an extended period of time would not be wise imo. You need sodium.

Also, 64 oz of water isn't that much, I'd go with a gallon+ a day if you're into weightlifting, at least on weight training days.

For tuna subsitution, anything low sodium, haha, probably didn't help with that, did I? Eat fresh food if you're worried about sodium, but, really, unless you have a competition in a few weeks, don't worry about canned tuna. Though, you could benefit from increased water intake.
    If life gives you AIDS, make lemonAIDS

ISSA Certified CFT

RocknRollStar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RocknRollStar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RocknRollStar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RocknRollStar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RocknRollStar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RocknRollStar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RocknRollStar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RocknRollStar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RocknRollStar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RocknRollStar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RocknRollStar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Wait.... noob question, does sodium have to do with how tight your skin is? Like does drinking alot of water make your skin tighter?!
    Suicides easy, what happened to the revolution?

"I am never satisfied. It's a curse."

CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by RocknRollStar View Post
    Wait.... noob question, does sodium have to do with how tight your skin is? Like does drinking alot of water make your skin tighter?!
    No.

Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by RocknRollStar View Post
    People will say sodium = water retention and basically that's true. BUT it is actually possible to increase sodium and lose water. It's really quite complicated and somewhat of an 'art' to figure out how to manipulate carbs, salt , potassium and water to get cut/dry for a competition.

Not a silly question and not a simple answer. The are many example of what people do out there, all a bit different.

But for sustainable low water retention, generally lower salt diets help. Ffor some this makes a much biggeer difference than others and if you go chronically too low, you may actually start bloating.

I/m not sure what advice to give to the OP. I assume you are well below 10%BF, if not get down to 7-9% first then when you dry up you will notice a big difference. Otherwise it's basically down to genetics.