silv3rbull3t is on a distinguished road. (+10) silv3rbull3t is on a distinguished road. (+10) silv3rbull3t is on a distinguished road. (+10) silv3rbull3t is on a distinguished road. (+10) silv3rbull3t is on a distinguished road. (+10) silv3rbull3t is on a distinguished road. (+10) silv3rbull3t is on a distinguished road. (+10) silv3rbull3t is on a distinguished road. (+10) silv3rbull3t is on a distinguished road. (+10) silv3rbull3t is on a distinguished road. (+10) silv3rbull3t is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Meals on the go, reps for intelligent answers

This is the dellima, I spend the majority of my day at work and school. At work we have a refrigerator that i can throw my lunch and a snack in. However when i go to school i don't have the same luxury. I need about 2-3 small meals that i can throw in a backpack that don't need refrigeration. Anyone have any ideals?
    "Destiny is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved." - William Jennings Bryan

Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Shake of Whey + oats + PB
    Cans of veggies with can of tuna
    Chicken breasts and a banana
    the options are endless...

zkid002
    Originally Posted by silv3rbull3t View Post
    This is the dellima, I spend the majority of my day at work and school. At work we have a refrigerator that i can throw my lunch and a snack in. However when i go to school i don't have the same luxury. I need about 2-3 small meals that i can throw in a backpack that don't need refrigeration. Anyone have any ideals?
    Yes, You could Throw in...

For Meals
    -Sandwiches-Whole Wheat Bread, Meat(Turkey,Ham),Cheese,Lettuce, Onions<<This I bring everyday to school!
    - Chicken Sandwiches
    -Protein Bars for Sure!..(VPX Bars,Sustain Bars)
    -You could even make your own shake, and secure it in a safe cup.

Protein Powder
    Oats
    Peanut Butter
    Etc.(Whatever Youd Like to put in it)

Also There is things that Cytosport makes, such as, Muscle Milk Puddings, that are very very easy to bring to school(I do) and are very tastey!..As well as Muscle Milk n Oats!

For Snacks
    -Apples, Bananas,(Fruit)
    -Nuts(Almonds,Cashews, etc.)
    -Granola

Hope this Helps!..

silv3rbull3t is on a distinguished road. (+10) silv3rbull3t is on a distinguished road. (+10) silv3rbull3t is on a distinguished road. (+10) silv3rbull3t is on a distinguished road. (+10) silv3rbull3t is on a distinguished road. (+10) silv3rbull3t is on a distinguished road. (+10) silv3rbull3t is on a distinguished road. (+10) silv3rbull3t is on a distinguished road. (+10) silv3rbull3t is on a distinguished road. (+10) silv3rbull3t is on a distinguished road. (+10) silv3rbull3t is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SickBoy_Cage View Post
    Shake of Whey + oats + PB
    Cans of veggies with can of tuna
    Chicken breasts and a banana
    the options are endless...
    I can't eat tuna daily due to mercury issue's

Chicken breast's need to be refrigerated (the packaged one's are like 3 bucks a piece)

I already eat 2-3 shakes a day

Thanks for the suggestions tho
    "Destiny is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved." - William Jennings Bryan

Suffer. Be made strong. sborton84's Avatar
    sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Protein: Tyson grilled chicken strips or organic/nitrate free canned chicken, tuna packs (these save me on busy days!), or your own grilled chicken wrapped in plastic wrap and tinfoil, whey protein and a portable shake mixer
    Veggies: Carrots, Celery, Cucumbers, Green Peppers chopped in plastic containers
    Fruit: Apples, Bannanas, Nectarines, Fresh Stawberries, Blueberries in plastic containers
    Fats: Almonds, Walnuts, etc.
    Grain: Cooked brown rice, sweet potatoes, potatoes, or your own homemade protein bars (see the sticky - there are some great recipes!)

And always have containers ready
    http://www.amazon.com/Fit-Fresh-216-...504660-6250439
    and an insulated lunch bag

If I wasn't always poor, I'd probably get one of these.
    http://www.amazon.com/Food-Saver-T00...504660-6250439
    Let suffering be your fuel. Find myself a step ahead and achieveing more every night I go to bed with my body starving, muscles aching, eyes tired, ready-to-scream because I just want rest. Seeing yourself the next day after having gone through that torture is the reward.

-Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-Arnold Schwarzenegger

ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i dont no about putting meat in a backpack though...bacteria is all over it once it hits room temp. I would be careful unless u have a ice pack u can stick it in.

and if u do have a lunch bag and sumthing to make it cold then u got alotta options.

cottage cheese+fruit
    deli meat+green veggie
    boiled egg whites(whole if u prefer)+skim milk

jus a couple things i use cause i have the same exact problem. but as long as the night b4 u plan everything out ur solid. if i dont plan it out the weekend in advance i jus get lazy and end up messing up my macros.

Machine_Kat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Machine_Kat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Machine_Kat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Machine_Kat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Machine_Kat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Machine_Kat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Machine_Kat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Machine_Kat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Machine_Kat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Machine_Kat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Machine_Kat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Low on $$$ and refridgeration?

I don't know about you, but my favorite meal when I don't have a fridge, microwave or cash is:

3/4 c oatmeal
    1 scoop protein powder
    1 tbsp PB
    mix 'er all up in a sealable container and bring a spoon. It's damned chewey, but its heavy enough that it fills me up. (and its quieter than those stupid protein bar wrappers when you're in a lecture).

Hope it helps.
    Where did she go... "OUT"
    What did she do... "EVERYTHING"

sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I can't eat tuna daily due to mercury issue's

Chicken breast's need to be refrigerated (the packaged one's are like 3 bucks a piece)

I already eat 2-3 shakes a day

Thanks for the suggestions tho
    If I were you, I would seriously consider making my own protein bars. I can PM you some great recipes from my Precision Nutrition ebook if you're interested (all have healthy fats, protein, complex carbs, and you can always throw in dried fruit/nuts to boost the nutritional content). I've tried several and they are great.
    Let suffering be your fuel. Find myself a step ahead and achieveing more every night I go to bed with my body starving, muscles aching, eyes tired, ready-to-scream because I just want rest. Seeing yourself the next day after having gone through that torture is the reward.

-Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-Arnold Schwarzenegger

MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    buy a lunch bag and an ice pack that you freeze overnight. that wasy you can keep meat and fish cool untill lunchtime

Last edited by MissThing; 09-02-2007 at 01:16 PM.
    LIFT. EAT. REST. REPEAT.

part of DA...keep it on the QT

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    im sure chicken would be fine in a tupperwear container for atleast a few hours, but to be safe put it in a small insulated lunch box. brown rice should be fine as well.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i would suggest maybe carrying aroudn a small cooler.. if not keepin the chicken / brown rice / sweet potatoes / mashed potatoes in a tupper ware container are very portable and easy..

protein bars
    peanut butter
    hard boiled eggs
    Can Chicken / Tuna
    MRP shakes
    muscle milk drinks (in a can or milk carton)
    peanuts
    walnuts
    almonds
    trail mix
    granola
    beef jerkey
    Whole wheat bread --- sandwiches
    Apples
    Oranges
    Bananas
    Dry oats

Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    just buy food at school or bring a couple of protein bars

are you impressed by the physique of anyone here who's been giving you advice on micromanaging your diet?

Originally Posted by sborton84 View Post
    If I were you, I would seriously consider making my own protein bars. I can PM you some great recipes from my Precision Nutrition ebook if you're interested (all have healthy fats, protein, complex carbs, and you can always throw in dried fruit/nuts to boost the nutritional content). I've tried several and they are great.
    I allready do. I used the protien bar thread on here for the recipe's.

Wow this thread blew up right after i gave up on it and left to go to the store to food shop lol. Thanks for the response's everyone

Originally Posted by Sibrek View Post
    just buy food at school or bring a couple of protein bars

are you impressed by the physique of anyone here who's been giving you advice on micromanaging your diet?
    Im a poor college student, and the only thing thats half healthy to eat at school is subway, which would cost me 6 dollars a day. 6 dollars a day x5 days a week is 30 bucks a week.

Im not looking for anyone to micromanage my diet. I allready have my own guidelines that surround my diet based on goals. Im just looking for suggestions on how to get in several meals a day while your on the go. These suggestions could be tweaked to follow the guidelines of the diet i've set.

Thank you

Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Im a poor college student, and the only thing thats half healthy to eat at school is subway, which would cost me 6 dollars a day. 6 dollars a day x5 days a week is 30 bucks a week.

Im not looking for anyone to micromanage my diet. I allready have my own guidelines that surround my diet based on goals. Im just looking for suggestions on how to get in several meals a day while your on the go. These suggestions could be tweaked to follow the guidelines of the diet i've set.

Thank you
    Then make 3 sandwiches.

Kids have been doing it for years.

Are you that dense?

Thank you
    Honestly, it looks like you have a very good grip on your training program and have been consistently been awesome strength gains. From the sounds of it, you already know your nutrition, you know what you like/don't, what works well for you. It's tough when you're constantly moving, believe me, I've been there. Sorry, I don't have too many more ideas!