Camel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Camel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Camel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Camel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Camel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Camel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Camel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Defensive Tackle ?'s

I'am 15 year old freshman, about 5'11"-6'0" and 180 lbs. I was wondering on a scale of 1-10 what would you rate my strength and speed. I play defense and offensive tackle and next year will start offensive tackle on the varsity team, but i want to play defense. This year in practice I beat single and double- team blocks from our all-state offensive tackle, guard and center,( all which were over 6'2", 220 lbs), but I still did not start defense on JV, but when I did play every game I had atleast 1 sack and several tackles. Do you think I'am making enough progress to compete for the top defensive tackle spot?Here are my stats I only started lifting weights in January.

Jan 1 Mar. 26
    Bench Max:150 Bench Max:205
    Squat Max:130 Squat Max:165
    Deadlift Max:150 Deadlift Max:230
    40 yard dash:6.36 40 yard dash;5.81

Thanks, for your time.

Strength/Speed Coach Jhawk Fitness's Avatar
    Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000)
    it doesn't matter what we rate it, all that matters is how YOU rate your strength and speed. Are you satisfied with your lifts and runs? Are you complacent with how you stack up against competition? The answer should always be no. No matter what other people think of how strong or fast you are you should never be satisified.

now......go get stronger and faster
    Director of Sports Performance
    NSCA-RSCC & CSCS , NASM-CES
    Nike SPARQ Trainer

Vist www.TopSpeedTraining.com, also find us on social media:
    http://www.********.com/TopSpeedSportsPerformance
    Twitter & Instagram = @TopSpeedLLC

StudOLB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Camel
    I'am 15 year old freshman, about 5'11"-6'0" and 180 lbs. I was wondering on a scale of 1-10 what would you rate my strength and speed. I play defense and offensive tackle and next year will start offensive tackle on the varsity team, but i want to play defense. This year in practice I beat single and double- team blocks from our all-state offensive tackle, guard and center,( all which were over 6'2", 220 lbs), but I still did not start defense on JV, but when I did play every game I had atleast 1 sack and several tackles. Do you think I'am making enough progress to compete for the top defensive tackle spot?Here are my stats I only started lifting weights in January.

Jan 1 Mar. 26
    Bench Max:150 Bench Max:205
    Squat Max:130 Squat Max:165
    Deadlift Max:150 Deadlift Max:230
    40 yard dash:6.36 40 yard dash;5.81

Thanks, for your time.

I would say that your squat needs work, but then again you are only 15. I am surprised your team isnt doing power clean (or are they you just didnt mention it?). Dont worry about your 40, As a DL you will hardly ever run for 40 yards during a play. Focus more on quickness and getting off the ball. If you are averagin a sack a game I would say that you are doing something right so I wouldnt worry to much about your strength, stick to a good routine and the strength will come. Also if your not on the wrestle team, get on it. Wrestling will go along way in helping you in the fights you will experience in the trenches....

The road to a championship is paved in iron!

GetEmBuck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GetEmBuck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GetEmBuck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GetEmBuck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GetEmBuck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GetEmBuck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GetEmBuck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    get all your lifts up...aint nothin special bout ya lifts for a freshmen, just keep bustin tail in the weightroom. concentrate on squats powercleans and bench and youll be alright.

pumped12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pumped12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pumped12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pumped12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pumped12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pumped12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pumped12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pumped12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pumped12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pumped12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pumped12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    not bad try some powercleans and hang cleans they should help your deadlift and squat little bit
    6'5 285ibs

Boomer Sooner.

ajfortwengler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajfortwengler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajfortwengler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajfortwengler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not bad other than the squat and deadlift. When you start bringing those up, you'll probably see faster 40 times as well.

I'm not a big beliver in weight-room strength tests. Just give 100% on the field and off and you'll be just fine.

_____________________ SpreeWheels24's Avatar
    SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

Dont put too much focus on strength. You have more of a chance at being successful at ANY position if you are faster/have the heart/have good technique.

runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SpreeWheels24
    Dont put too much focus on strength. You have more of a chance at being successful at ANY position if you are faster/have the heart/have good technique.
    Don't put too much focus on strength? Please enlighten us how he is supposed to get faster without getting stronger.

As for playing with heart and having good technique - certainly those things are important, but if you are slow and weak, all the heart and technique in the world won't do you much good.

ajfortwengler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajfortwengler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajfortwengler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajfortwengler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    And if you are extremely fast and strong, but have no heart or technique, you aren't going to be **** either. Look at Brock Lesnar.

Without technique, you can't be a football player. So putting speed and strength above that is questionable. I'm not saying they aren't important, but it's a hell of a lot easier to make up speed/strength with technique/heart, than vice versa.

seala8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    get your weight up