pedroso will become famous soon enough. (+50) pedroso will become famous soon enough. (+50) pedroso will become famous soon enough. (+50) pedroso will become famous soon enough. (+50) pedroso will become famous soon enough. (+50) pedroso will become famous soon enough. (+50) pedroso will become famous soon enough. (+50) pedroso will become famous soon enough. (+50) pedroso will become famous soon enough. (+50) pedroso will become famous soon enough. (+50) pedroso will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Dips or Decline Flys for lower chest?

Dips or Decline Flys for lower chest? i need to round more my bottom chest

thx for the help

lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    decline bench and chest dips are better than flys imo

jimbojacked will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbojacked will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbojacked will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbojacked will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbojacked will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbojacked will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbojacked will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbojacked will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbojacked will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbojacked will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbojacked will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you never need to "isolate" your lower chest as your lower chest excercises dont work the lower portion of your muscle more than a flat excercise would(if you have proper form).

Registered User ultraMagnetical's Avatar
    ultraMagnetical will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultraMagnetical will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultraMagnetical will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultraMagnetical will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultraMagnetical will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultraMagnetical will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultraMagnetical will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultraMagnetical will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultraMagnetical will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultraMagnetical will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultraMagnetical will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jimbojacked
    you never need to "isolate" your lower chest as your lower chest excercises dont work the lower portion of your muscle more than a flat excercise would(if you have proper form).
    uh, no.

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jimbojacked
    definitely no.

jimbojacked will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbojacked will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbojacked will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbojacked will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbojacked will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbojacked will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbojacked will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbojacked will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbojacked will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbojacked will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbojacked will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile

well have fun with that then

bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    do both but i'd try decline before dips, many people, myself included have a hard time feeling chest in dip movements
    Chicks dig big calves

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    dips w/o a doubt. i don't even know how u can put dips and flyes in the same sentence.
    <->

workinhard811 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) workinhard811 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) workinhard811 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) workinhard811 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) workinhard811 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) workinhard811 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) workinhard811 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) workinhard811 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) workinhard811 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) workinhard811 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) workinhard811 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah good call jimbo

But if you can do dips definently do them, just lean foward, but if you can't decline bench worked great for me

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by $AJ
    dips w/o a doubt. i don't even know how u can put dips and flyes in the same sentence.
    Exactly. You can't compare any kind of fly to a full upper body movement like dips. If you want to use both, have fun, but I wouldn't use fly as a substitue for dips. Or even flys for decline press.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)

Cool

Overhand dips are now my favorite mass builder for the chest. Even more than my beloved declines. I did HEAVY weighted dips for years using conventional shoulder width, neutral grip which never did **** for my chest.

But once I started going slightly wider than shoulder width and using an overhand grip, wham! My chest is developing nicely now.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DiamondDelts
    Overhand dips are now my favorite mass builder for the chest. Even more than my beloved declines. I did HEAVY weighted dips for years using conventional shoulder width, neutral grip which never did **** for my chest.

But once I started going slightly wider than shoulder width and using an overhand grip, wham! My chest is developing nicely now.
    overhand grip
    <->

fire is just really nice. (+1000) fire is just really nice. (+1000) fire is just really nice. (+1000) fire is just really nice. (+1000) fire is just really nice. (+1000) fire is just really nice. (+1000) fire is just really nice. (+1000) fire is just really nice. (+1000) fire is just really nice. (+1000) fire is just really nice. (+1000) fire is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by lamby
    decline bench and chest dips are better than flys imo
    Absolutely correct. this is like comparing incline bench to incline flyes.

dips far outweigh flys as a mass builder. Weighted dips far outweigh both of them.

for I for example alternate Decline dumbbell benches or Barbell Benches with dips every workout or so.

bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    overhand grip

yes overhand grip? I can't even see how I would get my hands/wrists comfortably into postionion
    Chicks dig big calves

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Where do you do those? I've never seen a dip tower with anything other than neutral grips. Am I missing something here
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

Talking

Originally Posted by Overload
    Where do you do those? I've never seen a dip tower with anything other than neutral grips. Am I missing something here
    I am a collector of unique fitness equipment that meets my special needs. I have a phoenix power stand at home, that allows me to chang the handles to overhand or neutral grip positions.

siderenios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siderenios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siderenios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siderenios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siderenios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siderenios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siderenios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siderenios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siderenios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siderenios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siderenios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I feel more lower chest with dips
    Benching (DB or BB) never got me anywhere. I was listening to all the idiots here in these forums saying "compounds compounds bench bench" and now I have a lagging chest.
    For the lower chest i reccomend dips while leaning forward. For upper chest, flyes feel most and give me best results.
    Trainee under KhanPaulsen

Wink

Originally Posted by siderenios
    I feel more lower chest with dips
    Benching (DB or BB) never got me anywhere. I was listening to all the idiots here in these forums saying "compounds compounds bench bench" and now I have a lagging chest.
    For the lower chest i reccomend dips while leaning forward. For upper chest, flyes feel most and give me best results.
    Trust me. I was not one of those "idiots" giving you that advice. I did years of heavy benching with slim to no results to show for it.

siderenios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siderenios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siderenios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siderenios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siderenios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siderenios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siderenios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siderenios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siderenios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siderenios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siderenios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Trust me. I was not one of those "idiots" giving you that advice. I did years of heavy benching with slim to no results to show for it.
    Heh I never said it was you
    I really like some of your advice
    especially your shoulder excercise Lying bent press. done it for 4 weeks and i can see an improvement
    To be honest, if I were you id start a website and make some money out of it.
    Trainee under KhanPaulsen

Thumbs up

I have a phoenix power stand at home, that allows me to chang the handles to overhand or neutral grip positions.
    You got some cool **** bro

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by siderenios
    Heh I never said it was you
    I really like some of your advice
    especially your shoulder excercise Lying bent press. done it for 4 weeks and i can see an improvement
    To be honest, if I were you id start a website and make some money out of it.
    Ha, ha. I like the way you think young man. And the "must-have compounds" advice is pushed way too hard around here. And more often than not, it is pushed by novice lifters, or advanced lifters stuck in their ways who refuse to think outside the box.

Here is my take on compounds. They are good for bulking up teens or older noobies(most of the time) and helping them to build a base. But here is where my use for most of them stops. Once you get your base you will start to see what natural weakpoints you have. So then in my opinion it is time to focus on those weakpoints using various isolation exercises to build a physique. But some advanced lifters don't seem to understand that last sentence. You will hear these people always preaching how the basics are best and mandatory in every routine.

Yet you will also hear these people talk about how they have had the same weakpoints for years(small calves, thin bi's, narrow delts) and say it's just genetics. I don't believe in that outdated mode of thinking. I used compounds as tools to help me thicken up and build a base, now I focus on iso's and power iso's for developing my weakpoints. People who have compound heavy workouts and ignore iso/weakpoint training will just let the stronger muscle groups continue to overpower there naturally weaker ones resulting in an unbalanced physique.

That is why I do my iso's before compounds in my workouts. I use iso's to develop and shape my physique and compounds just for thickness. Not to magically fill out and develop all my body's weakpoints as some think will happen.
    Last edited by DiamondDelts; 03-27-2005 at 04:12 PM.

lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by pedroso
    Dips or Decline Flys for lower chest? i need to round more my bottom chest

thx for the help
    for chest decline dbs are one of the best but ive also read where dips ( leaning forward ) are the best for giving you a wider sweep on lower chest area. but also there is no reason what so ever to go below parrallel on your dips.

Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Ha, ha. I like the way you think young man. And the "must-have compounds" advice is pushed way too hard around here. And more often than not, it is pushed by novice lifters, or advanced lifters stuck in their ways who refuse to think outside the box.

Here is my take on compounds. They are good for bulking up teens or older noobies(most of the time) and helping them to build a base. But here is where my use for most of them stops. Once you get your base you will start to see what natural weakpoints you have. So then in my opinion it is time to focus on those weakpoints using various isolation exercises to build a physique. But some advanced lifters don't seem to understand that last sentence. You will hear these people always preaching how the basics are best and mandatory in every routine.

Yet you will also hear these people talk about how they have had the same weakpoints for years(small calves, thin bi's, narrow delts) and say it's just genetics. I don't believe in that outdated mode of thinking. I used compounds as tools to help me thicken up and build a base, now I focus on iso's and power iso's for developing my weakpoints. People who have compound heavy workouts and ignore iso/weakpoint training will just let the stronger muscle groups continue to overpower there naturally weaker ones resulting in an unbalanced physique.

That is why I do my iso's before compounds in my workouts. I use iso's to develop and shape my physique and compounds just for thickness. Not to magically fill out and develop all my body's weakpoints as some think will happen.
    Thank you, I feel too many people blame genetics. Seems to be ther excuse of the week. My genetics say this, my genetics say that...**** YOUR GENETICS AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

I like your sig DD, going dolla for dolla with ****ty genetics since 1994.
    I am not trying to be better than you, just better than myself
    BB jiu jitsu team 2009