Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    OokahOokah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OokahOokah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OokahOokah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OokahOokah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OokahOokah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OokahOokah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OokahOokah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OokahOokah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OokahOokah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OokahOokah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OokahOokah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Isometric speed training using the resistance band. Is this really good training?

I have a big question about training with resistance bands for speed. Yes, you heard me right, using resistance bands. You've probably never heard of this, but it is out there.

I read on a website called athleticquickness.com that strength training and plyometrics does not give you more speed, but more strength. They claimed that those things actually can make you slower and that they condition your slow twitch muscle fibers.

They claim that to become faster, you need to condition your fast twitch muscle fibers, and both the aforementioned ways (plyos and strength) increase strength only.

So, in order to do this, they say you need to use isometric training with a resistance band. They claim that this is the only way to get speed. It is also supposed to come quickly. They claim within the first 14 days you should notice significant speed progress.

They also state that this applies to other things, like golf swings, jumping height, swinging speed, kicking farther, and throwing a ball farther, among other things.

They also claim that the primary muscle group involved in the running process, the thigh flexor muscles, are overlooked by every speed training program and in order to become faster you need to condition these muscles for speed.

So they provide you with a booklet and 2 resistance bands, they have 5 workouts, 3 for forward speed and 2 for lateral speed.

They claim that when you isometrically train the muscles using the resistance bands they give you, which they say mostly resemble skeletal muscle tissue, that your muscles will "download" the elastic properties of the rubber band and contract quicker as a rubber band would if you were to stretch it out and let one side go.

Also, they state that training should be no longer than 15-30 minutes, anything much longer is endurance training.

You're only to use 60-70% of your strength as well.

Well I bought the program, and did 60-70% for 2 weeks. No results. I told them that and they said that in some cases you may need to use 100% strength, so I did that for another 3 weeks and still no results. I quit after that cause of school and frustration with the product not doing a damn thing for me.

I want someone on here who knows about speed training to examine athleticquickness.com for me, and look at what they have on there. I want to know if what they're selling is fraud or if it actually works.

I've read every testimonial on there, and there isn't one about the product not working for them, everyone praises the product and say it is the ideal way to train speed. They have quotes from a guy who scouts for the 76ers who says it works.

With all this, I am confused. I don't know if it is a fraudulant product, or if I'm doing something wrong, or if I just need to work at it a little longer.

So please, someone on here who is knowledgeable about this, please research into this for me and tell me if this is really true, or if I got ripped off, cause I don't have anymore time to waste on speed training methods that do not work.

Stats: 5'10", 203 lbs
    BodyPoints: 16738
    jamesh23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamesh23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamesh23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamesh23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamesh23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamesh23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamesh23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamesh23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamesh23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamesh23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamesh23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit jamesh23's BodySpace
    i'd also like to know cuz i've heard of this site too.
    Bench: 185 lbs
    Squat: 285 lbs

Strength/Speed Coach Jhawk Fitness's Avatar
    Stats: 6'1", 229 lbs
    BodyPoints: 1541
    Jhawk Fitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jhawk Fitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jhawk Fitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jhawk Fitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jhawk Fitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jhawk Fitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jhawk Fitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jhawk Fitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jhawk Fitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jhawk Fitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jhawk Fitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Jhawk Fitness's BodySpace
    I'm of a mind "train slow, play slow".
    Last edited by Jhawk Fitness; 09-02-2007 at 09:44 PM.
    Director of Sports Performance
    NSCA-RSCC & CSCS , NASM-CES
    Nike SPARQ Trainer

Vist www.TopSpeedTraining.com, also find us on Facebook or Twitter:
    http://www.facebook.com/TopSpeedSportsPerformance
    Twitter @TopSpeedLLC

BodyPoints: 11924
    Environ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Environ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Environ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Environ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Environ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Environ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Environ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Environ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Environ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Environ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Environ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Environ's BodySpace
    Some of your (yes, your statements) statements are utter bull****. There is years of research to support the use of plyometrics for improvement speed and strength. As for plyometrics only conditioning slow twitch muscle fibres, again that is also bull****. You cannot move that quickly without engaging fast twitch muscle fibres. Slow twitch muscle fibres are not designed to explosive movements. Speed is just as much a neuromuscular activity as it is one based on muscle fibre type.

Plyometrics train what is called the stretch shortening cycle. That is where you get your strength and speed from. Furthermore, a stronger muscle that has been properly trained will always be faster than one that has not been trained either at all or incorrectly.

Muscles are not like computers connected to the internet either. You don't DOWNLOAD elastic components of elastic bands (or it you do, post peer-reviewed and reputable references to substantiate this). Isometric training only makes you strong in the position at which you are holding the limb.

If you are genuine and you actually bought this package and find it ineffective, then I am sorry to tell you, but you got ripped off/owned. Slow twitch muscle fibres are for endurance type activities.
    ***Irish Misc Crew***

Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes.

ISSA CFT, SPN, FT, SSC, SFN
    NSCA CSCS

OokahOokah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OokahOokah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OokahOokah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OokahOokah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OokahOokah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OokahOokah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OokahOokah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OokahOokah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OokahOokah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OokahOokah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OokahOokah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Some of your (yes, your statements) statements are utter bull****. There is years of research to support the use of plyometrics for improvement speed and strength. As for plyometrics only conditioning slow twitch muscle fibres, again that is also bull****. You cannot move that quickly without engaging fast twitch muscle fibres. Slow twitch muscle fibres are not designed to explosive movements. Speed is just as much a neuromuscular activity as it is one based on muscle fibre type.

These aren't my statements. I am skeptical of this myself. Can you read? I am telling you what they say. I'm not selling the product, or stating that they are ineffective. I am telling you all what that site specifically tells you. If you don't believe me go read it for yourself. What part of the numerous "they claim"'s in my posts don't you get? I'm not saying they don't work, I am saying that they are saying that plyos don't work. I am asking if all this is true, not outright saying that isometrics with resistance bands are the only way to train speed.

Plyometrics train what is called the stretch shortening cycle. That is where you get your strength and speed from. Furthermore, a stronger muscle that has been properly trained will always be faster than one that has not been trained either at all or incorrectly.

Again not disputing this. I believe what you're telling me.

Muscles are not like computers connected to the internet either. You don't DOWNLOAD elastic components of elastic bands (or it you do, post peer-reviewed and reputable references to substantiate this). Isometric training only makes you strong in the position at which you are holding the limb.

Apparently you didn't see the quotation marks around the word download. As in, they don't literally hook up to the internet and download the elasticity of a rubberband through a internet connection. What threy mean by that is that you gain the elasticity of a rubberband within your muscles because your muscles have muscle memory and are elastic in nature themselves. So they will start to contract as a rubber band would if you stretched it and let one side go; really fast. This is completely different than using isometrics with weights because weights use gravatational energy, and rubber bands use elastic energy, which is a number of times faster than gravatational energy. Again this is what the site says. I am not disputing the effectiveness of plyos for speed, I am simply stating what they are.

If you are genuine and you actually bought this package and find it ineffective, then I am sorry to tell you, but you got ripped off/owned. Slow twitch muscle fibres are for endurance type activities.

Actually this method does work but not as the site says it does. Farzamk has mentioned this method of training in one of his programs to someone who wanted to go from a 12.6 to a 10.8 in the 100M in 2 years. He mentioned it as a very complicated form of overspeed training. So in essence you're wrong about this only strengthening a limb at a certain point because this is totally different than isometrics for strength. This method actually can cause you to fire motor units at a faster rate than you normally could.

By the way. Thank you for stating a very obvious, pointless statement. Even athleticquickness.com, or as you interpret it, me has stated that in my post.
    Last edited by OokahOokah; 09-03-2007 at 07:35 PM.

Bump.

mrducksworth is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm also wondering myself

Stats: 6'1", 185 lbs
    BodyPoints: 12206
    xKKx7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xKKx7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xKKx7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xKKx7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xKKx7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xKKx7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xKKx7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xKKx7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xKKx7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xKKx7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xKKx7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit xKKx7's BodySpace
    farzamk is not a realiable source of information. he was like 12 years old
    1 Corinthians 6:19-20

19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

Stats: 6'0", 221 lbs
    JumpingJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JumpingJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JumpingJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JumpingJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Visit JumpingJ's BodySpace
    Sites claiming crap like that are the reason I started marketing my program. You don't have to read too far past the opening paragraph to realize that the program is gimmicky at best. "But, latest research has uncovered what most experts are now beginning to agree on. That speed and quickness are not the same as strength and endurance" First off "experts" have known that since the days of Lucian, Galen and Laertius. Second speed and quickness are very different from one another and should be trained differently, if you want to increase quickness you have to improve reaction, if you want to drastically improve reaction you have to improve visual quickness and situational awareness A lot f you law enforcement guys and fighters have had some degree of this type of training when they were teaching controlling the reactionary gap, in sports like boxing, MMA, football, Hockey and basketball, controlling the gap is crucial as you have an opponent directly in front of you physically acting as an opposing force so quickness in most sports is going to depend largely on reaction. The type of isometric training they are preaching is good for spot clean up training at most unless you are doing a max contraction routine but that would require you actually getting in the weight room and having a few dedicated training partners. I'm sure they use a knock of of the Flex Band which is a great SUPPLEMENT for acceleration and tempo routines in the weight room but have a fatal flaw that make them useless for true speed training. If you want a routine based around exercise bands get one of the products from Jon and Bobby Hinds at lifeline fitness and Monkey Bar Gyms. I've worked with them both on product and program development and we tested the products with many elite level speed athletes and coaches and have proven to be very effective when used in conjunction with a COMPLETE training program. The Bottom line when is comes to performance enhancement is that there is no magic pill and no way around hard work. In order to break through barriers you have to push yourself beyond your current limits. This thread would have given me gray hair... If I had hair.
    http://www.program51.com
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 505
    40 time: 4.33
    Standing Vertical Jump: 48"
    Proven Performance
    http://www.program51.com

Stats: 5'10", 200 lbs
    BodyPoints: 21473
    IronAbrams has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IronAbrams has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IronAbrams has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IronAbrams has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IronAbrams has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IronAbrams has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IronAbrams has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IronAbrams has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IronAbrams has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IronAbrams has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IronAbrams has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit IronAbrams's BodySpace
    Gee, a site selling a product that bashes traditional training and serves only to glorify their own... what a unique concept!

Strength training and plyometrics stimulating only slow twitch muscle fibers? What a crock of ****. Sets of 25 rep leg extension- yes that's stimulating slow twitch muscle fibers, but no athlete worth their salt is going to be doing leg extensions outside of rehab.

Even the above statement makes no sense at all when you think about it and realize that "resistance" bands provide resistance just like free weights, which means that they "disprove" their own product in their pitch line lol.

5x3 Power Cleans and Snatches= pure strength and power (which equals potential for speed).

Isometrics have their place within a training program, but not to increase speed.

And you are aware that farzmak was exposed as a 14 year old high school freshman right?
    Meet PRs 430/285/525, Gym 440/295/550

"It's terrifying when you're too stupid to know who's dumb." - Joe Rogan

Stats: 5'8", 130 lbs
    BYU is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit BYU's BodySpace
    I have used this product and it took 0.6 seconds off my forty yard dash. This is by far the best speed training program out there. Maybe you are using the wrong kind of resistance bands. You should read all of the tips on athleticquickness.com to make sure you are doing the program correctly.

Stats: 6'3", 195 lbs
    BodyPoints: 9877
    finfan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) finfan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) finfan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) finfan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) finfan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) finfan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) finfan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) finfan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) finfan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) finfan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) finfan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit finfan's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by BYU View Post
    I have used this product and it took 0.6 seconds off my forty yard dash. This is by far the best speed training program out there. Maybe you are using the wrong kind of resistance bands. You should read all of the tips on athleticquickness.com to make sure you are doing the program correctly.
    strong first post
    Currently on Defranco's Built Like A Badass.

Oustide Linebacker 44 Dakidwondah's Avatar
    Stats: 5'7", 143 lbs
    BodyPoints: 2081
    Dakidwondah is just really nice. (+1000) Dakidwondah is just really nice. (+1000) Dakidwondah is just really nice. (+1000) Dakidwondah is just really nice. (+1000) Dakidwondah is just really nice. (+1000) Dakidwondah is just really nice. (+1000) Dakidwondah is just really nice. (+1000) Dakidwondah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Visit Dakidwondah's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by finfan View Post
    strong first post
    Word.
    Position: Outside Linebacker
    'Pain is weakness leaving the body'

Stats: 5'11", 197 lbs
    Redwing8 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Redwing8 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Redwing8 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Redwing8 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Redwing8 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Redwing8 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Redwing8 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Redwing8 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Redwing8 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Redwing8 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Redwing8 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit Redwing8's BodySpace
    Haha, new poster bumps a 1 month old post claiming this program shaved off .6 seconds??? You should seriously hire some better viral marketers haha.

Stats: 5'10", 183 lbs
    closser45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) closser45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) closser45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) closser45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) closser45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) closser45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) closser45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) closser45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) closser45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) closser45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) closser45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit closser45's BodySpace
    i bought those off of Athletic quickness too.

BodyPoints: 262
    s4lnj has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) s4lnj has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) s4lnj has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) s4lnj has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) s4lnj has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) s4lnj has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) s4lnj has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) s4lnj has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) s4lnj has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) s4lnj has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) s4lnj has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit s4lnj's BodySpace
    my favorite part is how your muscles will adapt the resistance band's elasticity. so if i were to use concrete blocks would my legs turn into bricks?

the whole "pulled rubberband" thing is called the myotic (i think, it's been a while) reflex. it's the reason you bend at the knees before you jump-- but it's just that-- a reflex, and i follow the train of thaught that reflexes cannot be trained.

dave

useronetwothree is a jewel in the rough. (+500) useronetwothree is a jewel in the rough. (+500) useronetwothree is a jewel in the rough. (+500) useronetwothree is a jewel in the rough. (+500) useronetwothree is a jewel in the rough. (+500) useronetwothree is a jewel in the rough. (+500) useronetwothree is a jewel in the rough. (+500) useronetwothree is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by s4lnj View Post
    and i follow the train of thaught that reflexes cannot be trained.
    I hate to bring up a 4+ month old topic but reflexes are in fact learned responses, not instinctual or mystical. A baby that has never touched a hot object doesn't yet know the reflex to jerk the hand back quickly to avoid being burned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflex
    "Reflexes may be trained, such as during repetition of motor actions during sport practice, or the linking of stimuli with autonomic reactions during classical conditioning."

Stats: 5'10", 167 lbs
    showtyme333 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) showtyme333 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) showtyme333 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) showtyme333 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Visit showtyme333's BodySpace
    Resistance bands are crap. Sprint downhill (a slight slope), practice timed sprinting form in water, and do PowerCleans. That will get you faster quicker.

Stats: 5'7", 195 lbs
    MMAFANATIC28 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit MMAFANATIC28's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by OokahOokah View Post
    I have a big question about training with resistance bands for speed. Yes, you heard me right, using resistance bands. You've probably never heard of this, but it is out there.

I read on a website called athleticquickness.com that strength training and plyometrics does not give you more speed, but more strength. They claimed that those things actually can make you slower and that they condition your slow twitch muscle fibers.

They claim that to become faster, you need to condition your fast twitch muscle fibers, and both the aforementioned ways (plyos and strength) increase strength only.

So, in order to do this, they say you need to use isometric training with a resistance band. They claim that this is the only way to get speed. It is also supposed to come quickly. They claim within the first 14 days you should notice significant speed progress.

They also state that this applies to other things, like golf swings, jumping height, swinging speed, kicking farther, and throwing a ball farther, among other things.

They also claim that the primary muscle group involved in the running process, the thigh flexor muscles, are overlooked by every speed training program and in order to become faster you need to condition these muscles for speed.

So they provide you with a booklet and 2 resistance bands, they have 5 workouts, 3 for forward speed and 2 for lateral speed.

They claim that when you isometrically train the muscles using the resistance bands they give you, which they say mostly resemble skeletal muscle tissue, that your muscles will "download" the elastic properties of the rubber band and contract quicker as a rubber band would if you were to stretch it out and let one side go.

Also, they state that training should be no longer than 15-30 minutes, anything much longer is endurance training.

Well I bought the program, and did 60-70% for 2 weeks. No results. I told them that and they said that in some cases you may need to use 100% strength, so I did that for another 3 weeks and still no results. I quit after that cause of school and frustration with the product not doing a damn thing for me.

I want someone on here who knows about speed training to examine athleticquickness.com for me, and look at what they have on there. I want to know if what they're selling is fraud or if it actually works.

I've read every testimonial on there, and there isn't one about the product not working for them, everyone praises the product and say it is the ideal way to train speed. They have quotes from a guy who scouts for the 76ers who says it works.

With all this, I am confused. I don't know if it is a fraudulant product, or if I'm doing something wrong, or if I just need to work at it a little longer.

So please, someone on here who is knowledgeable about this, please research into this for me and tell me if this is really true, or if I got ripped off, cause I don't have anymore time to waste on speed training methods that do not work.
    Yes resistance bands do work, Ive used them for over a decade w/ mixed martial arts training, provided they are used properly for what your doing.
    It may be you need to stretch before and after each workout.
    If you get knocked down get back up.
    DON'T LAY DOWN, FIGHT THIS GUY HARD, GET UP!
    It's not punishment, its personnal. Go for you dreams, cause nothin' else matters.

Stats: 5'7", 195 lbs
    MMAFANATIC28 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit MMAFANATIC28's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by s4lnj View Post
    my favorite part is how your muscles will adapt the resistance band's elasticity. so if i were to use concrete blocks would my legs turn into bricks?

the whole "pulled rubberband" thing is called the myotic (i think, it's been a while) reflex. it's the reason you bend at the knees before you jump-- but it's just that-- a reflex, and i follow the train of thaught that reflexes cannot be trained.

dave
    you say reflexes cannot be trained, Im a 2nd degree black belt in 5 different styles of martial arts, I say this the 1st time you got hit unexpectedly you did not try to stop it. But you train to stop a punch repeatedly and you create a reflex that has been trained to stop a punch. I repeat TRAINED to stop a punch.
    If you get knocked down get back up.
    DON'T LAY DOWN, FIGHT THIS GUY HARD, GET UP!
    It's not punishment, its personnal. Go for you dreams, cause nothin' else matters.

Stats: 5'11", 170 lbs
    BodyPoints: 3343
    roid_monkey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) roid_monkey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) roid_monkey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) roid_monkey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) roid_monkey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) roid_monkey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) roid_monkey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) roid_monkey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) roid_monkey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) roid_monkey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) roid_monkey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit roid_monkey's BodySpace
    why was I not informed that strength fibers were no longer the same as fast twitch fibers?
    Negs current month join date's on sight crew

Stats: 5'9", 160 lbs
    DAAARRRHHH is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit DAAARRRHHH's BodySpace

Yerrrrrr

I've been thinking about using a resistance band to improve speed but it does seem to go against everything I've ever learned about it.

Though you're right - plyometrics and weights generally build 'fast strength' - they only serve to increase your stride length. The more force you contract pushing off the ground, the further you will go.

But the resistance band does seem like a slow twitch stimulator.

The way to really build speed in your legs is to get them turning - downhill sprinting. That will really improve your leg speed.

Thanks for the warning about the bum product matey
    I am the God of lust and pain

Holy ****! This thread is really old. I remember when I started this thread. I was a pissed off mofo when that crap didn't work. But then again, it seemed too good to be true. Some of the claims on that website were just unreal. I remember some guy talking about going from a 4.9 to a 4.5 40 in like a month or two. You're not gonna do that unless you're on roids and then it probably would still be a long shot...

Don't waste your time. I hope others see this thread before trying to buy this crap.

Stats: 6'2", 195 lbs
    BodyPoints: 16621
    DavidJr74 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DavidJr74 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DavidJr74 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DavidJr74 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DavidJr74 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DavidJr74 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DavidJr74 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DavidJr74 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DavidJr74 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DavidJr74 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DavidJr74 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit DavidJr74's BodySpace
    Holy ****! This thread is really old. I remember when I started this thread. I was a pissed off mofo when that crap didn't work. But then again, it seemed too good to be true. Some of the claims on that website were just unreal. I remember some guy talking about going from a 4.9 to a 4.5 40 in like a month or two. You're not gonna do that unless you're on roids and then it probably would still be a long shot...

Don't waste your time. I hope others see this thread before trying to buy this crap.
    whoever is dumb enough to buy that crap deserves it lmao.

yeah they had me. I was really ignorant back then though. They also threw these scientific-sounding explanations at you that made them believeable to the ignorant.

Stats: 5'8", 145 lbs
    squat4speed has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) squat4speed has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) squat4speed has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) squat4speed has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) squat4speed has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) squat4speed has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) squat4speed has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) squat4speed has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) squat4speed has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) squat4speed has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) squat4speed has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit squat4speed's BodySpace
    i wonder how they continue to make sales

Yeah I know. It's been 2 years since I found out about them. Who knows how long they've been around before that? I guess they must make good buisness off of ignorant people looking for a quick fix so to speak.

srh3232 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Resistance bands

What are the workouts and I'll tell you if it works or not.

KiloNewton has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KiloNewton has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KiloNewton has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KiloNewton has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KiloNewton has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KiloNewton has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KiloNewton has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KiloNewton has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KiloNewton has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KiloNewton has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KiloNewton has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Weight training and plyometrics will increase speed.

Isometric training using bands or anything else will not.

Rugger w/ a throwing prob xxtwistedxx's Avatar
    Stats: 6'1", 248 lbs
    xxtwistedxx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) xxtwistedxx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) xxtwistedxx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) xxtwistedxx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) xxtwistedxx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) xxtwistedxx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) xxtwistedxx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) xxtwistedxx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) xxtwistedxx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) xxtwistedxx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) xxtwistedxx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit xxtwistedxx's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by srh3232 View Post
    What are the workouts and I'll tell you if it works or not.
    strong first post.... graverobbing a 7 MONTH OLD THREAD

/thread RTFN..... (right the #$%^ now)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast