Thread: Kickbacks!!!

Pullu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Kickbacks!!!

Are kickbacks good for working the triceps?

Samuel Corble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samuel Corble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samuel Corble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samuel Corble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samuel Corble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samuel Corble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samuel Corble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samuel Corble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samuel Corble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I personally like them. Not for a mass or strength builder but for some definition building. Highish reps and hold the contraction for some more detail to the horseshoe!!

Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah if you have a hard time building the horseshoe kickbacks are what you need.

bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    terrible exercise, produces about zero intramuscular tension
    Chicks dig big calves

Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ive personally never enjoyed kickbacks and i never incorperate them into my routine(just my opinion)

HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Pullu
    Are kickbacks good for working the triceps?
    I find them to be very effective to detail cutting of the triceps, especially if you work them on a low pulley cable while you bend over. The main focus here is to squeeze at the end of the rep and be able to raise your arm higher than parallel to the floor. Dumbbells and plates however I can agree suck, the cables provide a more stready tension throughout ROM
    Bachelor and Master of Exercise Science at Miami University

Doctorate of Physical Therapy Student at Jefferson College of Health Professions

Stayin' Shredded is what I do

Diesel46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Diesel46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Diesel46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Diesel46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Diesel46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Diesel46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Diesel46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Diesel46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Diesel46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Diesel46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Diesel46 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I love cable kicbacks!! they did wonders for my triceps even though i just found out there on Atrainers list of useless and "banned" exercises lol they are definetly worth a try IMO
    "Mans proper stature is not one of mediocrity, failure, frustration, or defeat, but one of achievement, strength, and nobility. In short, man can and ought to be a hero" Mike Mentzer

biggash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

They are very good for hardening the tricep but not a huge mass builder.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    sure they work it, but compared against the other exercise selections that exist, they're pretty damn inferior and there's no real reason to do them.
    <->

gotilgone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gotilgone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gotilgone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gotilgone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gotilgone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gotilgone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gotilgone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gotilgone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gotilgone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gotilgone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gotilgone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    well i do kickbacks and theyve seemed to work ok for me..but are there any others i should do or tha tu recommend now that u've all made a douchebag out of what i thought was a great exercise...i also do skullcrushers and dips

Pullu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by gotilgone
    well i do kickbacks and theyve seemed to work ok for me..but are there any others i should do or tha tu recommend now that u've all made a douchebag out of what i thought was a great exercise...i also do skullcrushers and dips
    I agree. I do skullcrushers and close grip bench press. What would you recommend instead of kickbacks?

Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I always do reverse pushdowns for my medial triceps. Then all chest/shoulder compounds take care of my lateral head, so no worries horseshoe-wise. On my triceps day I just focus on hammering the long head to give my arm size.

Gotta gain some MASS ry_francis777's Avatar
    ry_francis777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ry_francis777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ry_francis777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ry_francis777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ry_francis777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ry_francis777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ry_francis777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ry_francis777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ry_francis777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ry_francis777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ry_francis777 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    the other day i did ez-curl bar pullovers with my chest workout and WOW... they hit my triceps hard as hell. when i woke up the next morning from doing my chest/abs workout my triceps were sore as ever. i loved it.

Consistency + Knowledge BodySculpting's Avatar
    BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Tricep kickbacks are a good burn out, other than that, they should not be a main excercise in your tricep routine.
    "The only way out of hell, is through it. "

im so weak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wat are some good exercises to build the lateral head?

TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I not only dislike them, I abhor them. Kneeling cable concentration tricep pushdowns are better than kickbacks in every way.

Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ace7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I always thought they were sort of worthless when compared to the other options you have to punish the tris.

jasong2gs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasong2gs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasong2gs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasong2gs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasong2gs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasong2gs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasong2gs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasong2gs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasong2gs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasong2gs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasong2gs will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question

Originally Posted by Diesel46
    I love cable kicbacks!! they did wonders for my triceps even though i just found out there on Atrainers list of useless and "banned" exercises lol they are definetly worth a try IMO

wheres this list?
    "The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese" -Hooters Wet-Nap Wrapper

NOTE TO SELF: Owe mad reps to

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)

Talking

Originally Posted by bigpump23
    terrible exercise, produces about zero intramuscular tension
    I KNEW you were going to type that.

BIG RC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIG RC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIG RC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIG RC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIG RC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I like them they work good for me.
    Train past the pain for big gains.

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BIG RC
    I like them they work good for me.
    Yeah I do mind with a barbell, my tri's seem to like 'em.

Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have considered kickbacks to be the Backstreet Boys of tricep exercises.
    I am not trying to be better than you, just better than myself
    BB jiu jitsu team 2009

bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Dark Phoenix
    I have considered kickbacks to be the Backstreet Boys of tricep exercises.

hey I like them, BSB not kickbacks
    Chicks dig big calves