Registered User Pump that iron!'s Avatar
    Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000)

Question Exercises to strengthen knee - help please!

Ok my knee is very prone to muscle pulls and pain ever since I hurt my MCL while wrestling. I didn't tear it but I sure twisted it badly.

I need exercises that I could do to strengthen the area around my knee. Thanks in advance.
    I rep back for those with 1k+ rep power.

_____________________ SpreeWheels24's Avatar
    SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I injured my knees from improper from on squats, and i wen tot the doctor. She told me that leg extensions are real good fro streghthing knees and body-weight squats. I have to take 1500 mg of glucosamine a day though.

Reuter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reuter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i think a very effective way to train your leg back to 100% is resistance training in the pool. Thats what Emmit Smith did when he his leg injury back in the day, and he swears by it.
    the body is your temple

gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i hurt my knee in a bowling match a while back. i strained the tendon that connects the patella(knee cap) to the lower leg. i went to J rock(school sports trainer) and he said NO squats with weight, body weight squats are somewhat ok and he told me to do light leg extentions and work my way up so i could strengthen it...i must say those leg extentions and the leg curls worked wonders now im squating hard and catching my legs up to my upper body.

Donovaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Donovaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Donovaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Donovaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Donovaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Donovaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Donovaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Donovaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Donovaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Donovaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Donovaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had pcl surgery a few years back. No I do one leg at a time on leg press with light weight. Squats with a dumbell in each hand. At the top of the squat movement I just squeeze the hell out of my quads

johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Exclamation

Originally Posted by SpreeWheels24
    I injured my knees from improper from on squats, and i wen tot the doctor. She told me that leg extensions are real good fro streghthing knees and body-weight squats. I have to take 1500 mg of glucosamine a day though.
    Actually, leg extensions are much harder on the knee joint than squats.

adobe is not very well liked. (-100) adobe is not very well liked. (-100) adobe is not very well liked. (-100) adobe is not very well liked. (-100) adobe is not very well liked. (-100) adobe is not very well liked. (-100) adobe is not very well liked. (-100) adobe is not very well liked. (-100) adobe is not very well liked. (-100) adobe is not very well liked. (-100) adobe is not very well liked. (-100)

Wink Well, pump this ! :)

Originally Posted by Pump that iron!
    Ok my knee is very prone to muscle pulls and pain ever since I hurt my MCL while wrestling. I didn't tear it but I sure twisted it badly.

I need exercises that I could do to strengthen the area around my knee. Thanks in advance.
    Basic Strengthen Knee Exercises:
    Before you start any knee exercise program, check with your doctor to make sure these exercises are safe for you:
    Before You Start:
    1.Take a few minutes to walk around and give your knee joints and thigh muscles a chance to stretch and warm up.
    2.All movements should be done slowly, at a controlled pace. Never rush through these exercises.
    3.Use slow, steady movements. No bouncing.
    4.Start with a small number of repetitions, increasing the number of reps as you get stronger.

The Knee Exercises:
    Leg Lifts, how to do it (the steps):
    1. Choose your location.
    2. Beginners can do this knee exercise by sitting on the floor, or on a firm bed.
    3. Make sure your back is well supported. Lean back on your hands, or against the headboard.
    4. Place a pillow under your right knee.
    5. Lift your right foot a few inches, and feel the back of your knee push into the pillow.
    6. Hold for 10 seconds, then rest your leg.
    7. Repeat this exercise until you feel a slight burning in the front of your leg. This knee exercise strengthens your quad muscle, which will help to support your kneecap and knee joint.
    8. Repeat with the left leg, first placing the pillow under your left leg.
    9. As with your right leg, hold for 10 seconds, then relax. Continue this knee exercises until you feel a slight burning in your quad muscle.
    Do this knee exercise at least twice a day, increasing the number of leg raises as your quad muscles get stronger.

Note: When you can easily do this knee exercise for 3 minutes or more, you can add more resistance by sitting in a chair, straightening your leg and lifting it. Keep your leg straight while lifting, but do not lock the knee.

Wall Slide Strengthens Thigh Muscles, how to do it (the Steps):
    While doing this knee exercise, wear sturdy shoes that provide good support for your feet. Make sure you are standing on carpet or a non-slippery surface.
    1. Stand with your back against a wall, and your feet straight in front of you.
    2. Slide down, keeping your back against the wall, until you are in a slight sitting position. Slide down only as far as you feel comfortable; when you get stronger you will be able to slide into more of a sitting position.
    3. For the first few times you do this knee exercise, hold the sitting position for a few seconds, then slide back up. As your quad muscles get stronger, you can hold the sitting position for up to 20 seconds.{/li]
    4. Starting from a standing position, repeat this knee exercise a few times at first. As you feel stronger, you work up to repeating this knee exercise 10 times.
    5. When you are finished, walk around a bit to give your knees and quads a gentle stretch.

Note: This knee exercise can be repeated several times per week.

Knee Flexion: strengthen muscles in the back of the thigh, the steps:
    1. Stand straight, holding onto table or chair for balance.
    2. Slowly bend one knee as far as possible, so foot lifts up behind you. Don't move your upper leg at all; bend your knee only. Hold position.
    3. Slowly lower foot all the way back down. Repeat with other leg.
    4. Alternate legs until you have 8 to 15 repetitions with each leg.
    5. Rest. Then do another set of 8 to 15 alternating repetitions.

Hope that helps !
    Last edited by adobe; 03-24-2005 at 11:04 PM.

Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000)
    I will definitely try those exercises out but will they really strengthen the area around my knee? When I get pain its always near the MCL or the front of my knee cap. Again, I've been very prone to muscle pulls in that area.

adobe is not very well liked. (-100) adobe is not very well liked. (-100) adobe is not very well liked. (-100) adobe is not very well liked. (-100) adobe is not very well liked. (-100) adobe is not very well liked. (-100) adobe is not very well liked. (-100) adobe is not very well liked. (-100) adobe is not very well liked. (-100) adobe is not very well liked. (-100) adobe is not very well liked. (-100)

Smile

Originally Posted by Pump that iron!
    I will definitely try those exercises out but will they really strengthen the area around my knee? When I get pain its always near the MCL or the front of my knee cap. Again, I've been very prone to muscle pulls in that area.
    Like I wrote up there, before you start you should consult this exercises to your doctor first....I don't want to kill somebody too...j/k ! For your answer....yes....the exercises are even suggested for senior people.

forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    as for stretching, do slow toe-touches (see if you can get your palms to the ground) and a few slow bodyweight squats.

BUMP.

Would like more input.