Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The Worldís #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

BodyPoints: 13341
    linuxg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) linuxg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) linuxg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) linuxg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) linuxg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) linuxg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) linuxg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) linuxg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) linuxg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) linuxg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) linuxg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit linuxg's BodySpace

can a prospective employer find out why i was fired by doing this?

I was fired. they cited 'poor performance'. Im going to claim unemployment benefits. If I do so can a prospective employer dig that up when running a background check. Or do they only see that i claimed unemployment benefits, if at all.

BodyPoints: 33518
    IntensityX has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IntensityX has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IntensityX has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IntensityX has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IntensityX has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IntensityX has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IntensityX has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IntensityX has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IntensityX has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IntensityX has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IntensityX has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit IntensityX's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by linuxg View Post
    I was fired. they cited 'poor performance'. Im going to claim unemployment benefits. If I do so can a prospective employer dig that up when running a background check. Or do they only see that i claimed unemployment benefits, if at all.
    If they check with your former employer and if it's in your former employer's records then yes.
    "The road to salvation is through Christ"

Luke 1:74
    to rescue us from the hand of our enemies, and to enable us to serve him without fear

^Love is the power of the righteousness life that overcomes the fear that leads to sin, and the life in which God is pleased.

I like reptilian beef backinbusiness's Avatar
    Stats: 5'10", 160 lbs
    BodyPoints: 17206
    backinbusiness has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) backinbusiness has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) backinbusiness has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) backinbusiness has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) backinbusiness has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) backinbusiness has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) backinbusiness has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) backinbusiness has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) backinbusiness has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) backinbusiness has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) backinbusiness has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit backinbusiness's BodySpace
    What did you do to make poor performance? What DO You do?
    If you weren't a part of my struggle, don't expect to be a part of my success.

linuxg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) linuxg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) linuxg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) linuxg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) linuxg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) linuxg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) linuxg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) linuxg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) linuxg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) linuxg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) linuxg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit linuxg's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by IntensityX View Post
    If they check with your former employer and if it's in your former employer's records then yes.
    As for what did nothing it was a Bs excuse from higher up that got me fired. Leaving employer aside, can they find out why i was fired by contacting unemployment office or checking unemployment records.?

Stats: 5'2", 117 lbs
    BodyPoints: 18752
    limniade has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) limniade has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) limniade has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) limniade has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) limniade has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) limniade has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) limniade has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) limniade has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) limniade has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) limniade has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) limniade has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit limniade's BodySpace
    They'll find out you were fired when they check your references, but it's not going to show up on a background check. Legally, all a former employer can say is that your employment was terminated, and whether you're eligible for rehire. (Which is not to say that some dip**** in HR might not still say something.)

If you still qualify for UI, I wouldn't worry. The only times people are denied UI is if they're fired for cause (which you were, but if you do qualify for UI, then future employers aren't necessarily going to see it that way).

If it really was a BS excuse that got you canned, I'd save any documentation you have that demonstrates it was BS, in case you need it for your UI benefits and/or for future employers who may ask why you were fired. Chances are that they WILL ask why you left your previous job, and this is what you say: "There was no opportunity for advancement." Which is the literal truth.
    "This," I said pleasantly, "is known as getting it on."

Stats: 5'10", 170 lbs
    BodyPoints: 2050
    JIA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JIA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JIA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JIA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JIA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JIA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JIA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JIA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JIA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JIA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JIA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit JIA's BodySpace
    I believe your former employer can only disclose your position and your termination date. Any other information(i.e. reason for termination) directly shared with your prospect employer may be illegal and will only increase their liability IMO. I do not know if/how the role of unemployment will/may affect this, but you typically still have to disclose/discuss the reason on the application/during the interview.

Stats: 5'2", 117 lbs
    BodyPoints: 18752
    limniade has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) limniade has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) limniade has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) limniade has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) limniade has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) limniade has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) limniade has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) limniade has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) limniade has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) limniade has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) limniade has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit limniade's BodySpace
    You DO have to disclose why you were fired when applying for UI (because it's going to be confirmed by the company). Just not when interviewing for jobs.
    "This," I said pleasantly, "is known as getting it on."

Visit linuxg's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by limniade View Post
    You DO have to disclose why you were fired when applying for UI (because it's going to be confirmed by the company). Just not when interviewing for jobs.
    I would have no problem discussing why i was fired when applying for UI. It came from higher up and my boss did not really agree with their decision but it was out of his hand. My fear is that if a prospective employer calls the Unemployment benefit office they will be told i was fired for poor performace. If they call my boss he has my back.

Visit linuxg's BodySpace
    bump

Say sumthing nice or STFU LongnHard's Avatar
    Stats: 6'1", 163 lbs
    BodyPoints: 61414
    LongnHard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LongnHard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LongnHard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LongnHard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LongnHard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LongnHard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LongnHard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LongnHard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LongnHard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LongnHard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LongnHard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit LongnHard's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by linuxg View Post
    I would have no problem discussing why i was fired when applying for UI. It came from higher up and my boss did not really agree with their decision but it was out of his hand. My fear is that if a prospective employer calls the Unemployment benefit office they will be told i was fired for poor performace. If they call my boss he has my back.
    If your boss had your back you would still be working there! Saying it came from higher up and the decision was out of his hands is what week managers say because they can't handle confrontation. Don't use him as a reference. There was some pretty good advise above. You'll will be OK.
    I don't have washboard abs... I have smorgasbord abs!

Visit linuxg's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by LongnHard View Post
    If your boss had your back you would still be working there! Saying it came from higher up and the decision was out of his hands is what week managers say because they can't handle confrontation. Don't use him as a reference. There was some pretty good advise above. You'll will be OK.
    the boss has my back trust me on this. im just worried the next employer will call the unemployment benefits office, or do a background check and SOMEHOW find out the reason for my being let go.