Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Humptastic Sextacular! BayAreaBB's Avatar
    BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

How many of you do NOT take a pre-workout supp?

I've been trying out some different pre-workout supplements, including animal pump, NO Xplode, and NO Shotgun. I'm beginning to think that they do nothing at all for me. Sometimes I'll have a fantastic workout, and every time that happened I would attribute this to the supp I was taking. But it's not consistent at all. Take my last workout, for example. I was rested, I had stayed on track with my diet all day, I had pre-workout carbs. I also was using NO Shotgun that day. Anyway, after about 2 exercises I felt absolutely terrible. I just wanted to lay down and sleep, I had no focus, and just plain did not want to be in the gym. Previously when I had tried the NO shotgun, I had an awesome workout and told myself that NO Shotgun is the ****! But now I'm thinking that none of those things are doing anything for me, and my workout can either be great or ****ty without anything.

So, do any of you just get your carbs and just have a protein shake or something before hitting the gym? Because I think that's the route I'm gonna start taking.

yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i dont (currently)
    seated rows before hoes

cal62887 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cal62887 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cal62887 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cal62887 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cal62887 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cal62887 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cal62887 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cal62887 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cal62887 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cal62887 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cal62887 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't
    Team HALEO
    ‡Echo in Eternity‡

http://www.haleo.com/

Joey - 10/16/2011

OTG is a name known to all. (+5000) OTG is a name known to all. (+5000) OTG is a name known to all. (+5000) OTG is a name known to all. (+5000) OTG is a name known to all. (+5000) OTG is a name known to all. (+5000) OTG is a name known to all. (+5000) OTG is a name known to all. (+5000) OTG is a name known to all. (+5000) OTG is a name known to all. (+5000) OTG is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I didn't use to... I take White Flood now and I see a difference
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('') ☆♠$☆

Lord_Superior is just really nice. (+1000) Lord_Superior is just really nice. (+1000) Lord_Superior is just really nice. (+1000) Lord_Superior is just really nice. (+1000) Lord_Superior is just really nice. (+1000) Lord_Superior is just really nice. (+1000) Lord_Superior is just really nice. (+1000) Lord_Superior is just really nice. (+1000) Lord_Superior is just really nice. (+1000) Lord_Superior is just really nice. (+1000) Lord_Superior is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't. I drink a half liter of water though, about an hour before working out.
    ~all the misc Crew~

cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I haven't taken anything pre-workout for months and months. All I take pre-workout is literally whey protein, some sort of carb source (usually oatmeal) and some creatine. Just like you say, if you're well-rested enough, your nutrition is on-point, and you're in the right mindset, chances are you'll have a productive workout.

I try to make it a point not to consistently take something pre-workout as to not feel dependant on it. When, e.g., I don't get enough sleep though, or am just feeling "off", a pre-workout product may be warranted. Also, complete cell-volumizing formulations (e.g., Vault) are warranted during a serious plateau (if every other route [e.g., alternate training program] isn't getting you to where you want).

To re-iterate though, I actually prefer not using anything. I also use nothing during the workout either, despite many liking to use 'everything-but-the-kitchen-sink'. Even BCAA, they just give me a headache. I don't notice any real endurance benefit from them, to be quite honest. And with how artifical-flavoring-heavy many of the popular BCAA formulas are today, they don't really quench my thirst as much as pure water does. Not to mention BCAA is damn expensive. Despite some of the supporting literature I really don't think free-form BCAA is warranted, or even close to 'essential' as some believe.

Sometimes, I really think a "back to the basics" train of thought would be a great mindset for a lot of people to revert back to.
    SAN Nutrition
    sann.net / pumpedmag.com / starmarklabs.com

sushiracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushiracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushiracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushiracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushiracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushiracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushiracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushiracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushiracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushiracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushiracer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Teen_BB View Post
    I didn't use to... I take White Flood now and I see a difference
    ^^agreed. i also went through different stages trying to find a good preworkout supp. went through gakic (didnt feel anything), animal pump (felt something for the first 2 workouts then nothing), and even tried backing some of them up with a bottle of redline. the only supp that kept me fully focused from start to finish has been white flood and this is with good diet and protien/carbs before workout.

bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just storm right now.

BoingoBoingoBoingoBoingo TinyMan's Avatar
    TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Nothing right now. But in all fairness, my training doesn't really warrant it - I am doing a lot more cycling training, and less weights. Trying to build back my endurance a bit, mine has gone down the drain.
    I remember being relevant.

Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I eat breakfast about 2-3 hours before my training session. No food or supplements taken after that point, except my BCAA workout drink. And I eat no carbs whatsoever for breakfast. I do take my normal vitamin regimen after eating and before leaving the house.

rudy24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rudy24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rudy24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rudy24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rudy24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rudy24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rudy24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rudy24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rudy24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rudy24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rudy24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    all i take is creatine and xtend pre-workout
    Current Stack-

Supplement Direct Creatine Monohydrate
    VS Brand Pro24 Whey
    Controlled Labs Orange Triad

davidallen03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) davidallen03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) davidallen03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) davidallen03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) davidallen03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) davidallen03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) davidallen03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) davidallen03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) davidallen03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) davidallen03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) davidallen03 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't take any NO. I occasionally have used creatine (when I've had it) but I currently am not using any.

maverick00084 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't, never have, and don't really plan on taking anything. I dont understand the difference between them and a good diet and a little pre-workout suger

naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by cakedonkey View Post
    I haven't taken anything pre-workout for months and months. All I take pre-workout is literally whey protein, some sort of carb source (usually oatmeal) and some creatine. Just like you say, if you're well-rested enough, your nutrition is on-point, and you're in the right mindset, chances are you'll have a productive workout.

I try to make it a point not to consistently take something pre-workout as to not feel dependant on it. When, e.g., I don't get enough sleep though, or am just feeling "off", a pre-workout product may be warranted. Also, complete cell-volumizing formulations (e.g., Vault) are warranted during a serious plateau (if every other route [e.g., alternate training program] isn't getting you to where you want).

To re-iterate though, I actually prefer not using anything. I also use nothing during the workout either, despite many liking to use 'everything-but-the-kitchen-sink'. Even BCAA, they just give me a headache. I don't notice any real endurance benefit from them, to be quite honest. And with how artifical-flavoring-heavy many of the popular BCAA formulas are today, they don't really quench my thirst as much as pure water does. Not to mention BCAA is damn expensive. Despite some of the supporting literature I really don't think free-form BCAA is warranted, or even close to 'essential' as some believe.

Sometimes, I really think a "back to the basics" train of thought would be a great mindset for a lot of people to revert back to.
    Great post.

I am so old that I remember back in the day when there weren't any preworkout supplements. We just ate a good solid meal and hour and half before training and we had some amazing workouts and made great gains.

NOTHING can replace good solid nutrition.
    Free Agent

Instagram.com/naturalguy2.0

Registered User steelgrayscooby's Avatar
    steelgrayscooby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steelgrayscooby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steelgrayscooby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steelgrayscooby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steelgrayscooby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steelgrayscooby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steelgrayscooby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steelgrayscooby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steelgrayscooby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steelgrayscooby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steelgrayscooby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I never believed in NO products or pre-workout stims......until I bought White Flood. The difference is just amazing. I don't even know what stims are in white flood except that caffeine isn't in it.....thank god.
    Originally Posted by ForceLineBacker:
    I have body and building and alcohol but I no maturbate because I no want lose my site then i cant see what wieght I do

BoingoBoingoBoingoBoingo TinyMan's Avatar
    TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by steelgrayscooby View Post
    I never believed in NO products or pre-workout stims......until I bought White Flood. The difference is just amazing. I don't even know what stims are in white flood except that caffeine isn't in it.....thank god.
    Before I correct this one, would you be willing to make a bet on that?
    I remember being relevant.

user25891 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user25891 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user25891 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user25891 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user25891 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user25891 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user25891 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user25891 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user25891 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user25891 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user25891 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I usually have a dip before/during my workout.

Jason
    ★cVc★

BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by steelgrayscooby View Post
    Sure you're not actually taking White Blood?

Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Personally, I only use pre-workout supplements (stimulants like Charge!) when I'm getting ready for a contest or the occassional day when I'm extraordinarily tired. I think too many people get reliant on them.
    Dr Clay Hyght, DC, CSCS, CISSN
    www.DrClay.com

www.Labrada.com

Labrada Nutrition: "The Most Trusted Name in Sports Nutrition!"

The above is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be used as medical advice. Always consult your doctor prior to beginning any new diet, supplementation, or exercise program.

Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    But let me add that I ALWAYS take whey protein and some carb source either before or during and again after my workout. I feel that's crucial for recuperating properly.
    Dr Clay Hyght, DC, CSCS, CISSN
    www.DrClay.com

www.Labrada.com

Labrada Nutrition: "The Most Trusted Name in Sports Nutrition!"

The above is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be used as medical advice. Always consult your doctor prior to beginning any new diet, supplementation, or exercise program.

Originally Posted by Dr Clay View Post
    Personally, I only use pre-workout supplements (stimulants like Charge!) when I'm getting ready for a contest or the occassional day when I'm extraordinarily tired. I think too many people get reliant on them.
    Danville, eh? I'm in Walnut Creek.

Coolio10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coolio10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coolio10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coolio10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coolio10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coolio10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coolio10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coolio10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coolio10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coolio10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coolio10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    carbs+protein+pslin for now

warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    nope, never have

cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by warbird00 View Post
    nope, never have

Even the Vasoflow we sent to you that you ended up trying to sell on Ebay?
    SAN Nutrition
    sann.net / pumpedmag.com / starmarklabs.com

Gray Matter Lifting Dont Want None's Avatar
    Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've tried WF.... straight A and O....and then Vassive....

Basically except for Vassive, had no results at all. Vassive only lasted for a few days too.

For me, it has nothing to do with whether the product is good or not, its just I don't respond well to them, especially caffeine.
    My personal motto is Better than Yesterday. This defines who I am, my view of the world, and my goals in life. Each day, I try to be a little better than I was the day before. A little smarter, a little stronger, a little happier.

On social media as Gray Matter Lifting

jt12soldier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jt12soldier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jt12soldier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jt12soldier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jt12soldier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jt12soldier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What up Nor Cal

Originally Posted by BayAreaBB View Post
    Danville, eh? I'm in Walnut Creek.
    Pleasanton.....

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I haven't for a long time.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

user27629377 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user27629377 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user27629377 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user27629377 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user27629377 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user27629377 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user27629377 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user27629377 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user27629377 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user27629377 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user27629377 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I do not, and never have
    *~=Gator Nation=~*

If I was in a room and someone yelled "Hey Bitches!" I would never turn around because I just don't fit the description.

Location: Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Finishing off my Ragnarok and then that's it for a while for my cycle off.
    - NOTICE: Not all posts represent my own opinion. I enjoy playing devil's advocate.

Demonhunter323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Demonhunter323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Demonhunter323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Demonhunter323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Demonhunter323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Demonhunter323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Demonhunter323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Demonhunter323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the decision of whether or not to take a pre workout supplement is on you, i usually take some type of nitric oxide or whey protein.