Country Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Country Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Country Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Country Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Country Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to Widen Shoulders?

I feel I am pretty thick up top, but my due to my bone structure, I have narrow shoulders. Is there anything I can do to help increase the width on my shoulders. I have been doing lateral raises, both DB and cables. I am beginning to think that my underdeveloped shoulders are due to my genetics. What am I saying, there are NO EXCUSES, so I just need to work harder. Anyone have a good shoulder mass builing program to share?
    "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me"
    Phil. 4:13

Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up Dynamic Delts

Ive been using Layne's Dynamic Delts routine with success...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne9.htm
    Anxed

Pull another face
    rip another hide
    steal the waning moon
    from a dying bride
    all the world must die
    all the world must die
    ripped and skinned alive...

IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Try Seated Side Laterals with strict form 3 sets 8-10 Reps

light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Lightbulb

Seated laterals are the best for widening the delts. Also, having a thinner waiste and bigger lats for a more drastic V-taper helps to give the illusion of broad shoulders.

csakiges has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Remember to work the rear delt too. It is a body part alot of people forget to work and very important in giving your back a big look. YOu can do either bent over or use an incline chair to really keep strict form or use cables. I do not do much weight, maybe 20's at most to really keep strict form. I always use a weight I can stop and hold for a second at the top. Usually if you can't, it means you are swinging the weight to the top which is not the idea of the exercise. Just as Layne's article says, you may see guys using 50pds dumbells for this, but they are swinging the weight up.

Light and Warrior are right on with the side lateral raises.

Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    lateral raises and military or behind the neck presses

Country Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Country Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Country Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Country Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Country Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sounds like I just need to keep at it, I already perform Military behind neck presses, side lateral raises, Arnold presses, seated laterals, cable rear delt crossovers, and Hammer Strength presses. Maybe I just need to lose a couple of inches from my waist and it will make all the difference.
    BTW my stats: 6'1" 202lb 34"waist
    "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me"
    Phil. 4:13

BullFX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Originally posted by light
    Seated laterals are the best for widening the delts. Also, having a thinner waiste and bigger lats for a more drastic V-taper helps to give the illusion of broad shoulders.
    does it make a big differene if i sit or do it while standing?? just wondering

light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Lightbulb to bull fx

no, not really, I just sit with my back supported for sake of form. It really helps to keep from cheating on those last few reps.