Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Deadlifta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadlifta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadlifta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadlifta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadlifta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadlifta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadlifta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadlifta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadlifta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadlifta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadlifta will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I dont think the two are mutually exclusive. Sure there is a killer instinct that people have in varying degrees since the time they are born; however training and practicing to unleash that instict is just as important.

For example, I have a friend that is aggressive and quick to take **** to the next level. That is the "killer instict" that has been discussed here. He also took 10 years of martial arts and knows what the **** he is doing. Combine the two and you have someone you dont want to mess with.

I on the other hand am not a "fighter". It takes something special for me to really snap, i'm just not programmed the same way my friend is. But I did 4 years of wrestling and if push came to shove (literally haha) I feel semi confident in how I can handle myself.

Pretty much all im saying is that some people are born fighters and some train their fighting skills. Both are equally valuable in making someone an effective fighter.
    I like to deadlift.

Still getting swole off bread and water.

Martin Luther King Jr. rolls around in his grave everytime Kanye West opens his nasty lookin, wired up, babyfood eatin, **** talkin, dik suckin mouth. ---Grind4Mine

52 Wins 4 Loses 49 KOs Deadgame's Avatar
    Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Deadlifta
    I dont think the two are mutually exclusive. Sure there is a killer instinct that people have in varying degrees since the time they are born; however training and practicing to unleash that instict is just as important.

For example, I have a friend that is aggressive and quick to take **** to the next level. That is the "killer instict" that has been discussed here. He also took 10 years of martial arts and knows what the **** he is doing. Combine the two and you have someone you dont want to mess with.

I on the other hand am not a "fighter". It takes something special for me to really snap, i'm just not programmed the same way my friend is. But I did 4 years of wrestling and if push came to shove (literally haha) I feel semi confident in how I can handle myself.

Pretty much all im saying is that some people are born fighters and some train their fighting skills. Both are equally valuable in making someone an effective fighter.
    Pretty much what he said
    I have only two regrets: I didn't shoot Henry Clay and I didn't hang John C. Calhoun.

"A race of people is like an individual man; until it uses its own talent, takes pride in its own history, expresses its own culture, affirms its own selfhood, it can never fulfill itself." Malcolm X

1000 plus, reps returned

Millionaires are made from talent and intellect; not the major you selected when you're coming out of high school. Warren Buffett

chad21186 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chad21186 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chad21186 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chad21186 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chad21186 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chad21186 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chad21186 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chad21186 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chad21186 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chad21186 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chad21186 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nice post dead i liked it allot. There are to many places out there that show u what to do and have u do it but not all out on the other guys. It is all about rolling with people all out every day for a long period of time and trying the new stuff you learn that you will become good.

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

my e-tuff post

Skelooth's lesson in fighting and being a bad ass.

I am a big dude. In my adult years I have been 195lbs to 295lbs and then back again. I've been expelled out of schools, spent most my teenage years robbing **** off people's porches and getting trashed. Because I am naturally gargantuan, I have always HAD to fight (little guys always have something to prove, my fellow large brothers will vouche for this i'm sure).

What I am about to tell you, should be costing you money. Using this formula you will win EVERY fight. As a bonus, I will throw a technique in for you other big guys (Guys with gravity on their side)

This formula is only 100% effective if your oppenent is one of those preppy ****ers that has hair.

Step one, grab your opponent by his hair, TIGHT AND HARD

While squeezing the living **** out of your opponents hair, force his body next to you, and face his face towards the ground. If you get him in this position, it's over, you're going to beat the crap out of him. Proceed to bash him in the face using your other fist. If he manages to trip you, keep your hand gripping his hair and shove your knee in his throat, then continue to bash.

If he dont have hair.... you prolly shouldn't be trying this.

For the big guys... this is funny, but it works. Tackle your opponent to the ground. Then SIT ON HIS FACE. Just plop your ass right down on his face, he'll be gasping for air trying to push you off while you hammer away at the poor schmucks torso.

And as always, when faced by a group of oppenents, pull out a blade, start slicing, and run. If you have no blade a set of keys works fine. But there is now cowardice in retreating from an unfair battle.

on the bright side, i am a changed person. no more fighting for me... drugs or crime either. But the experience of being a 'bad ass' is there. and like the topic poster said, either you have it or you don't. </being e-tuff>
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thsi thread cant have any real use. Im not gonna even read it. I know where its heading.
    Fighting is like BB;ing 90%mental.
    If the enemy has you psyched out, you will lose, no matter how good our fighting skillz are.
    Believe me, I know. I have alot of experience. Its all a head game. The physical part is the end result of all the mental preparation before the fight, attach whatever..
    no sig

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by CrazyTall
    Thsi thread cant have any real use. Im not gonna even read it. I know where its heading.
    If the enemy has you psyched out, you will lose, no matter how good our fighting skillz are.
    Believe me, I know. I have alot of experience. Its all a head game. The physical part is the end result of all the mental preparation before the fight, attach whatever..
    sorry but there is no stopping the hair pulling method....
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

zyx1337 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zyx1337 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zyx1337 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zyx1337 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zyx1337 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zyx1337 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zyx1337 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zyx1337 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zyx1337 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zyx1337 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zyx1337 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    why being a badass when u can be e-badass !!!

Originally Posted by FF Punk
    yeah there is. if you have long arms you can easily get out of it.

No you can't :\ Having long arms is not going to stop the debilitating pain.

FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yeah there is. if you have long arms you can easily get out of it.

FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by skelooth
    No you can't :\ Having long arms is not going to stop the debilitating pain.
    what pain? seriously, i ain't gonna cry if you pull my ****ing hair. i'm just gonna randomly punch you till you remove your hand, then proceed to beat the **** out of you. i said long arms because i once got out of it by reaching the guy's head and locking it in my arms.
    Last edited by FF Punk; 03-25-2005 at 11:57 PM.

what pain? seriously, i ain't gonna cry if you pull my ****ing hair. i'm just gonna randomly punch you till you remove your hand, then proceed to beat the **** out of you. i said long arms because i once got out of it by reaching the guy's head and locking it in my arms.
    you've never had your hair pulled in a serious fight have you If you say yes you are e-lieing. And now you're just being e-tuff.

you've never had your hair pulled in a serious fight have you If you say yes you are e-lieing. And now you're just being e-tuff.
    how am i e-tuff? because i somehow managed to get out of a oh devastating hair pull? LOL

and just to be clear, what i meant by randomly is that when someone pulls my hair strong enough, it makes me automatically close my eyes, so i can't really see where i throw my fists.

and just to be clear, what i meant by randomly is that when someone pulls my hair strong enough, it makes me automatically close my eyes, so i can't really see where i throw my fists.
    which is why the hair pulling method is unstoppable. When your hair is pulled it is so much pain that you freak out. Flailing arms about wildly is not going to change anything.

Of course the trade off is that pulling hair does no damage other them temporary pain while it's being pulled, which is why police employ the tactic quite frequently.

If you get someone by the hair, they are not going anywhere. Spend some time researching the technique, because it's not my invention.

how am i e-tuff? because i somehow managed to get out of a oh devastating hair pull? LOL
    You're being e-tuff because you are pretending that pain from getting hair pulled isn't debilitating. When it is. It's not a matter of how tough you are.

my friend just told me that nothing i'm saying is making sense :\ I'm going to bed.

which is why the hair pulling method is unstoppable. When your hair is pulled it is so much pain that you freak out. Flailing arms about wildly is not going to change anything.

Of course the trade off is that pulling hair does no damage other them temporary pain while it's being pulled, which is why police employ the tactic quite frequently.

If you get someone by the hair, they are not going anywhere. Spend some time researching the technique, because it's not my invention.
    don't get me wrong, it hurts, but nothing that makes me lose control over myself that i can't throw a fist. oh, and pulling hair in a fight is gay

don't get me wrong, it hurts, but nothing that makes me lose control over myself that i can't throw a fist. oh, and pulling hair in a fight is gay
    okay, you fight to look cool, and i'll fight to win. 90% of street fights are over in under a minute. You're just so damn e-tuff that when you fight, you have to have perfect kicking boxing form and ****, meanwhile the real bad ass while shank you and run. That's the real world.

okay, you fight to look cool, and i'll fight to win. 90% of street fights are over in under a minute. You're just so damn e-tuff that when you fight, you have to have perfect kicking boxing form and ****, meanwhile the real bad ass while shank you and run. That's the real world.
    you're not gonna beat me by pulling my hair bro...

Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by CrazyTall
    Oh your going to read it and like it
    I have only two regrets: I didn't shoot Henry Clay and I didn't hang John C. Calhoun.

"A race of people is like an individual man; until it uses its own talent, takes pride in its own history, expresses its own culture, affirms its own selfhood, it can never fulfill itself." Malcolm X

1000 plus, reps returned

Millionaires are made from talent and intellect; not the major you selected when you're coming out of high school. Warren Buffett

you're not gonna beat me by pulling my hair bro...
    lol so e-tuff

http://www.lwcbooks.com/articles/hairarticle.html

this looks to be an okay article on the subject, though I only skimmed trough it. This is not the original source I got the technique from, I had learned it from a book years before I ever got in the internet.

Originally Posted by the article
    Although hair techniques would never be allowed in a judo or karate tournament, they are very effective for street self-defense. Somersaults and fancy kicks have no place in the harsh reality of an alleyway or parking lot. Sometimes you have to fight ugly with ugly. Hair techniques are not pretty, but they are realistic, painful and effective.
    Last edited by skelooth; 03-26-2005 at 08:21 AM.

LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    sorry but there is no stopping the hair pulling method....
    I'm like one of those lizards that drops it's tail......if you pull my hair I'll just drop it and grow some more
    In 1945, Adolf Hilter died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied, "I am responsible for the massacre of millions" Satan said, "well done, sit to the right of my throne." In 1953, Joseph Stalin died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied "I killed millions to stay in power" Satan said "good, sit to my left" 2010, Ronnie James Dio died and went to Hell, Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" Dio replied, "Bitch, get the fuk off my throne!"

In all seriousness if anyone is serious about learning streetfighting they should consider getting a book called Championship street fighting by NED Beaumont. He has it pretty much like it is. Although no book can come close to formal training it can assist you in what works and what doesn't

1000 plus, reps returned

xakeP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xakeP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xakeP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xakeP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xakeP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xakeP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xakeP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xakeP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xakeP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xakeP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xakeP has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by I Love You
    If I had my way, you'd be given a Knighthood.
    lol, Colin Powell was knighted by Queen Elizabeth of England in 1993

ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm a badass muda fuka!
    DoN'T Be a FooL... WRaP YouR TooL!

NO! Portugal IS NOT a province of Spain!

Bad_Vibes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad_Vibes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad_Vibes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad_Vibes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad_Vibes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad_Vibes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad_Vibes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad_Vibes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad_Vibes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad_Vibes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad_Vibes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Getting used to getting hit and not just falling down to a knee is what live training gets you. I don't agree you have to be born with it though, I've seen a lot of people who I thought would never be able to fight pick it up pretty quickly after just a few months of getting banged around. At lease enough to handle themselves in a decent way. Far better than before they trained and couldn't even throw a jab with their lead hand.

As far as ground fighting goes, to many people know it now. If you don't know how to pull guard or defend against an armbar or choke, your done. I'm not saying you want to go to the ground, but a lot of these punks out there starting all the fights are starting to go for full mount from the beginning. The popularity of UFC is giving the bullies tools they didn't have before.

Good post though, I wonder how much longer TMA schools will be able to exists. I've noticed most are trying to convert to striking and ground fighting schools. It sux for the owners though to have to put 20 years of an art under there oversized belt and have to basically throw it away to use what really works. And find out how easily they can be defeated when there are no rules.
    Last edited by Bad_Vibes; 03-26-2005 at 10:56 AM.

brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000)
    nice post deadgame, i agree to an extent, more dissagree though. still good read. repped.
    If abs are made in the kitchen how come hardly any women have them?

^^Is Part of a Song Title 101101's Avatar
    101101 is a name known to all. (+5000) 101101 is a name known to all. (+5000) 101101 is a name known to all. (+5000) 101101 is a name known to all. (+5000) 101101 is a name known to all. (+5000) 101101 is a name known to all. (+5000) 101101 is a name known to all. (+5000) 101101 is a name known to all. (+5000) 101101 is a name known to all. (+5000) 101101 is a name known to all. (+5000) 101101 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Tech, how's it feel to have so many noses up your ass, anyway?
    Last edited by 101101; 03-26-2005 at 11:17 AM.

FightClub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FightClub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FightClub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FightClub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FightClub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FightClub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FightClub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=Saint Patrick] Reply=FightClub

"It's so true that street fights are different from organized fights. You might have some big bad ass karate or even wrestling, but if they were in a street fight they would get dropped."

Wrong, even good "street" fighters don't want to hook up w/ a collegiate wrestler. Why becuse they shoot on you and dump you on your head.

"That's also a problem with a lot of people who workout. Working out is great. It gets you stronger, and honestly, less people are going to mess with you. Just becasue you can benchpress 400 pounds, squat 1000, and curl even more doesn't mean you can fight."

True it doesn't mean you can fight; but that's not why most people work out. I also think big guys get their share of hot heads who feel like they can get some props by whipping them.

"Like he said, fighters are made in the womb. Either you have it or you don't. From then on, it's up to your upbringing to make you even that much more of a bad ass."

I truly don't agree w/ that statement. If we are to believe this then we are to believe too that other athletes are made in the womb. That would include bodybuilders.

TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Bad_Vibes
    Good post though, I wonder how much longer TMA schools will be able to exists. I've noticed most are trying to convert to striking and ground fighting schools. It sux for the owners though to have to put 20 years of an art under there oversized belt and have to basically throw it away to use what really works. And find out how easily they can be defeated when there are no rules.

You know, again, it is assumed that TMA doesn't work. Where do you think MMA/NHB guys get their techniques?

(Some) Karate teaches many of the same things as kickboxing, Judo and Jujitsu are traditional martial arts and they are the forerunners of BJJ.

And it really doesn't get more traditional than Greco-Roman wrestling/Pankration.

TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    [QUOTE=FightClub]
    Originally Posted by Saint Patrick
    Wrong, even good "street" fighters don't want to hook up w/ a collegiate wrestler. Why becuse they shoot on you and dump you on your head.

I've seen college wrestlers get the **** beaten out of them in street fights. And I've seen them win.

That's too broad of a statement.

No street fighter I know will back off of a fight because he finds out the guy is a college wrestler.

It's really hard to shoot when they break your jaw with that first sucker punch.