Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    52 Wins 4 Loses 49 KOs Deadgame's Avatar
    Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000)

So you want to be a bad ass?

I have noticed the past few weeks this board is littered with post asking everything from what martial art should they take to how to explode someone's heart with a human hair. I figured being the nice guy I am I could help clue in some of you into the world learning to be a bad ass.

The first lesson is that quite simply, bad ass are made in the womb and not in the gym.No matter how many tybo classes and ninja throwing star classes you have under your brown and pink striped belt your not going to turn yourself into a super bad ass. When the punches start coming ,the taste of blood fills your mouth, and you realize your all alone it can be a scary place. All those punches you through at the air in the dojo, are not going to save you.If you look back in history every bad-ass has come from a place he doesn't want to go back to.You ever wonder how Harvard University can have a boxing team for over 150 years but has never produced not one world champ? The proof is in the pudding.If your not a bad ass now no gym or dojo can make you one. They might make you a little tougher or give you more confidence but hell a new pair of shoes can do that.

The second lesson is if your at a gym or dojo and your not sparring with your fellow members then chances are your wasting your time and money.When I say sparring I'm not talking about you touch the other guy on the forehead and someone yells point. I'm talking about if you spar then chances are someone is going down and someone is probably going to be bleeding. Practice makes perfect and if your not practicing your craft in real time then you setting yourself up for failure in the real world.

Now, your probably wonder what should martial art should you take. I know this because more than likely everything I have said so far went right over your head. Martial Arts in general are worthless. There I said it flame away. It seems everybody and their mother's brother has opened a gym and promises to teach everything from karate to ninjitsu. The fact is in order to make money and remain profitable these gyms can not really produce the environment needed for you to succeed in any discipline. In other words little Johnny's mom is not going to pay 200 bucks a month to see her son come home beat up everyday. Now granted there are some gyms out there that cater to no holds barred fighting tournaments and offer just what you need but they are far a few between.Most real fighters are *******s and that type of mentality is not really found at the local strip mall or shopping center.

I don't really want to get into what's better ground fighting or strikes because it could go on forever. I will point out some-things that may help you with your decision on how to become a better bad ass since you have read this far and realize you were a natural born killer in the womb, come from a broken home and last but not least are a big time *******. In your general day to day activities the need for self defense will not come from the ground! The average bully, robber, kid who nailed your girlfriend will not be looking to wrestle on the ground with you but to knock you the Fook out period. You objective is to strike back , hard and then have the option of getting out of there fast. The last thing you want to do it be caught up in a wrestling match while three of his buddies look on. Nothing invites a coward to take a free shot like a guy who has his hands tied up with his buddy tussling on the ground. You want to keep your options open and grappling cuts that in half. It's a nice compliment to any arsenal but in most practical applications it can be very risky in the real world. If your planning on competing then its a must but I would guess if your reading this then you aren't.

The simplest thing for you to do to raise your bad ass level is to get out a phone book and look up a boxing gym that is in a crappy part of town. You are more likely to find other bad asses to spar with and also learn a nifty craft.Do your research and the more unpleasant the place seems the better.I hope this helps and some of you found it entertaining.
    I have only two regrets: I didn't shoot Henry Clay and I didn't hang John C. Calhoun.

"A race of people is like an individual man; until it uses its own talent, takes pride in its own history, expresses its own culture, affirms its own selfhood, it can never fulfill itself." Malcolm X

1000 plus, reps returned

Millionaires are made from talent and intellect; not the major you selected when you're coming out of high school. Warren Buffett

dillon1111 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillon1111 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillon1111 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillon1111 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillon1111 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillon1111 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillon1111 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillon1111 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillon1111 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillon1111 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillon1111 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i disagree, but nice post.
    vicious

Killah Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Killah Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Killah Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Killah Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Killah Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Killah Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Killah Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Killah Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Killah Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Killah Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Killah Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Tech_Zilla
    LMAO!

Guerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Guerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Guerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Guerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Guerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Guerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Guerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Guerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Guerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Guerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Guerra is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Already am
    <====
    YEAH BUDDY!

LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good post Deadgame.......very true.

Being a good technical fighter and having the "badass" mentality are two different things.

In my experience, the tougher guy almost always comes out on top, regardless of what kind of training the other guy has.

It's all in your head. Some people have all kinds of speed, skills and techniques, but they still can't take a hit. Other guys may be scrappy brawlers, but they get hit and they don't really care. The latter guy always wins.

The other thing is that "organized" fighting, such as in a tournament, is very different from the average spontaneous streetfight. Fighting styles are typically designed to work in a very programmed fashion. This is perfect for a UFC style fight, but out in the street there are too many variables. The environment, the crowd of people around, the availability of weapons.....all of these things tend to reduce the effectiveness of sticking to a particular style of fighting. In this type of setting, you need to be able to adapt to what's going on around you, and that's more of a mental thing than a skills thing. In a situation such as this, real time experience is far more important than how many drills you did or how many laps you ran.
    Last edited by LatsMakeTheMan; 03-20-2005 at 02:15 PM.
    In 1945, Adolf Hilter died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied, "I am responsible for the massacre of millions" Satan said, "well done, sit to the right of my throne." In 1953, Joseph Stalin died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied "I killed millions to stay in power" Satan said "good, sit to my left" 2010, Ronnie James Dio died and went to Hell, Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" Dio replied, "Bitch, get the fuk off my throne!"

Scandinavian Strength Haider254's Avatar
    Haider254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Haider254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Haider254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Haider254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Haider254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Haider254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Haider254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Haider254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Haider254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Haider254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Haider254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you should host a class on how to create hilarious images and charge per hour.
    " 'Hey buddy, my daddy died for that flag.'
    'Really? I bought mine. Yeah, they sell them at K-Mart and ****.'
    'He died in the Korean War.'
    'Wow, what a coincidence. Mine was made in Korea.'
    No one – and I repeat, no one – has ever died for a flag. See, a flag ... is just a piece of cloth. They may have died for freedom, which is also the freedom to burn the ****in' flag, see. That's freedom."

- Bill Hicks
    1961-1994

Saint Patrick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saint Patrick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saint Patrick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saint Patrick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saint Patrick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saint Patrick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saint Patrick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saint Patrick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saint Patrick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saint Patrick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saint Patrick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Great post. I agree with most of it.

It's so true that street fights are different from organized fights. You might have some big bad ass karate or even wrestling, but if they were in a street fight they would get dropped.

That's also a problem with a lot of people who workout. Working out is great. It gets you stronger, and honestly, less people are going to mess with you. Just becasue you can benchpress 400 pounds, squat 1000, and curl even more doesn't mean you can fight.

Like he said, fighters are made in the womb. Either you have it or you don't. From then on, it's up to your upbringing to make you even that much more of a bad ass.

I Love You has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I Love You has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I Love You has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I Love You has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I Love You has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I Love You has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I Love You has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I Love You has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I Love You has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I Love You has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I Love You has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If I had my way, you'd be given a Knighthood.

Registered User sledgehammer956's Avatar
    sledgehammer956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sledgehammer956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sledgehammer956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sledgehammer956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sledgehammer956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sledgehammer956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sledgehammer956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sledgehammer956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sledgehammer956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sledgehammer956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sledgehammer956 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Deadgame
    I have noticed the past few weeks this board is littered with post asking everything from what martial art should they take to how to explode someone's heart with a human hair. I figured being the nice guy I am I could help clue in some of you into the world learning to be a bad ass.

The first lesson is that quite simply, bad ass are made in the womb and not in the gym.No matter how many tybo classes and ninja throwing star classes you have under your brown and pink striped belt your not going to turn yourself into a super bad ass. When the punches start coming ,the taste of blood fills your mouth, and you realize your all alone it can be a scary place. All those punches you through at the air in the dojo, are not going to save you.If you look back in history every bad-ass has come from a place he doesn't want to go back to.You ever wonder how Harvard University can have a boxing team for over 150 years but has never produced not one world champ? The proof is in the pudding.If your not a bad ass now no gym or dojo can make you one. They might make you a little tougher or give you more confidence but hell a new pair of shoes can do that.

The second lesson is if your at a gym or dojo and your not sparring with your fellow members then chances are your wasting your time and money.When I say sparring I'm not talking about you touch the other guy on the forehead and someone yells point. I'm talking about if you spar then chances are someone is going down and someone is probably going to be bleeding. Practice makes perfect and if your not practicing your craft in real time then you setting yourself up for failure in the real world.

Now, your probably wonder what should martial art should you take. I know this because more than likely everything I have said so far went right over your head. Martial Arts in general are worthless. There I said it flame away. It seems everybody and their mother's brother has opened a gym and promises to teach everything from karate to ninjitsu. The fact is in order to make money and remain profitable these gyms can not really produce the environment needed for you to succeed in any discipline. In other words little Johnny's mom is not going to pay 200 bucks a month to see her son come home beat up everyday. Now granted there are some gyms out there that cater to no holds barred fighting tournaments and offer just what you need but they are far a few between.Most real fighters are *******s and that type of mentality is not really found at the local strip mall or shopping center.

I don't really want to get into what's better ground fighting or strikes because it could go on forever. I will point out some-things that may help you with your decision on how to become a better bad ass since you have read this far and realize you were a natural born killer in the womb, come from a broken home and last but not least are a big time *******. In your general day to day activities the need for self defense will not come from the ground! The average bully, robber, kid who nailed your girlfriend will not be looking to wrestle on the ground with you but to knock you the Fook out period. You objective is to strike back , hard and then have the option of getting out of there fast. The last thing you want to do it be caught up in a wrestling match while three of his buddies look on. Nothing invites a coward to take a free shot like a guy who has his hands tied up with his buddy tussling on the ground. You want to keep your options open and grappling cuts that in half. It's a nice compliment to any arsenal but in most practical applications it can be very risky in the real world. If your planning on competing then its a must but I would guess if your reading this then you aren't.

The simplest thing for you to do to raise your bad ass level is to get out a phone book and look up a boxing gym that is in a crappy part of town. You are more likely to find other bad asses to spar with and also learn a nifty craft.Do your research and the more unpleasant the place seems the better.I hope this helps and some of you found it entertaining.
    Wow,What a badass, I got scared just reading his badass post. What a internet badass idiot!
    "Ain't Gettin' Old, Ain't Gettin' Younger Though"

violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Fighting is not the solution to problems.
    Short black leather skirts, stomach tattoo, glitter panties, sexy belt...had to have you...

Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by sledgehammer956
    Wow,What a badass, I got scared just reading his badass post. What a internet badass idiot!
    Did you just call me a idiot?
    I have only two regrets: I didn't shoot Henry Clay and I didn't hang John C. Calhoun.

"A race of people is like an individual man; until it uses its own talent, takes pride in its own history, expresses its own culture, affirms its own selfhood, it can never fulfill itself." Malcolm X

1000 plus, reps returned

Millionaires are made from talent and intellect; not the major you selected when you're coming out of high school. Warren Buffett

sledgehammer956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sledgehammer956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sledgehammer956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sledgehammer956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sledgehammer956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sledgehammer956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sledgehammer956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sledgehammer956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sledgehammer956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sledgehammer956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sledgehammer956 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Did you just call me a idiot?
    I don't know,were you born stupid?

I don't know,were you born stupid?
    So you don't know now if you called me a idiot?

1000 plus, reps returned

So you don't know now if you called me a idiot?
    SO you were born stupid

SO you were born stupid
    I didn't notice the red blocks before. Your just a troll, my bad, flame on.
    Last edited by Deadgame; 03-20-2005 at 04:04 PM.

1000 plus, reps returned

MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i agree with almost everything exept for the fact that fighters/ natural born killers are born that way. Before i began martial arts training (no, not that asian kung fu, karate crap, real martial art with plenty of no equipment sparring) i was a pussy. I could not kill a fly without feeling sorry for it. In my first 2 months of training, i was afraid of getting hit and hitting other people. Especially in the face. After months of training, sparring, coming back home with bruises all over your face. You just learn to not care. Ive been in a few streetfights since then and everytime I showed no mercy at all. Knees in the face, stomp his balls, broken wrists everything. I just dont care about what happens to the other guy anymore. I dont start fights, if he starts the fight then its his problem because in my mind, i am fighting for my life. if it wasnt for my training, i would never be able to hurt anyone like that, i would just run away.

Everything else you said is true. All those jui-jitsu guys who can do submissions and everything think that they are tough, but in a real streetfight you arent going to be rolling on the ground with broken bottles everywhere trying to do an arm bar, thats only for ring fighting. Good post, repped.

Location: Runnin' a steel rod right through the middle of everybody's crap...
    AzBadass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AzBadass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AzBadass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AzBadass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AzBadass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AzBadass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AzBadass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AzBadass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AzBadass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AzBadass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AzBadass has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You could have saved yourself a ****load of typing and told them to copy me.
    Quote of the year (2003):

"Why don't you online ghetto superstars lick 50 cent's balls in the misc section where it belongs? There have been at least 20 threads on him already in just about every section. This is a bodybuilding board so keep your bull**** in its proper place.

Let me translate that so you people will understand:

Oh snap, you be talkin all the shiznit bout 50 cent all up in the bodybuilding house *****s, ya'll best back up into the misc section befo I pull my gat on yo bitch asses. I be tearing 50 cent up any day yo, i'll bite that *****'s arm off wit my platinum teef bling bling." - Tom Swanson

Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think it is pretty ignorant for you to say that badasses are only born that way. Take for instance Theodore Roosevelt. He used to be pushed around in school, and cried very easily. He grew up, however, into a very tough man who got shot and finished delivering a hour-long speech before going to the hospital.

It should also be noted that he was that tought because he wanted to be. The human prain is very, very moldable, both by outside influences and internal desires.

Edit: Also consider that former NY city police commisoner, Kerik it think. I read hsi biography once, and he too used to be a "sissy" who got kicked around, but then grew up to be a true bad-ass who trained army special forces in knife and hand-to-hand combat.
    If you wind up with a boring, miserable life because you listened to your
    mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest or some guy on TV telling you how to
    do your ****, then YOU DESERVE IT.

-Frank Zappa

A devoted acolyte in the Brotherhood of the Pink Elephant

part of DA...keep it on the QT

Let me explain a little bit more about being born a badass. It does not mean that you can't break a nose or that you can't win in a street fight. I think everyone can be more aggressive or become more effective in defending themselves or fighting. The diffenrence is at what level a true badass is willing to take it.

To give you an example look at the Jack Dempsey vs Jess Willard fight of 1920. Dempsey was a ferocious animal and he delivered one of the most severe battering to Jess Willard ever witnessed in boxing history. Jess Willard was lucky to have survived the fight, the beating was that severe. Jess Willard suffered a broken jaw and broken ribs while hitting the canvas seven times in the opening round.Willard had to go to the hospital after the fight. Despite being outweighed by 60 pounds and 5 inch shorter, Dempsey used that aggressiveness and that primal desire that separates the good from the great. Anyone can learn or be programmed to react but that killer instinct your born with.

When Dempsey was knocked out of the ring against Luis Firpo he climbed back in with the help of reporters and end up knocking out Firpo. When he was ask what he was thinking he said he didn't even remember it. Thats what I'm talking about. Having such a desire to win that your throw all that which seems logical out the window to do what you have to do. Some of you may not agree with me and you don't have to but from what I have seen there is a diffenrence in being a natural fighter and one who works at it just to grasp a thread of whats all involved.

1000 plus, reps returned

Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Let me explain a little bit more about being born a badass. It does not mean that you can't break a nose or that you can't win in a street fight. I think everyone can be more aggressive or become more effective in defending themselves or fighting. The diffenrence is at what level a true badass is willing to take it.

To give you an example look at the Jack Dempsey vs Jess Willard fight of 1920. Dempsey was a ferocious animal and he delivered one of the most severe battering to Jess Willard ever witnessed in boxing history. Jess Willard was lucky to have survived the fight, the beating was that severe. Jess Willard suffered a broken jaw and broken ribs while hitting the canvas seven times in the opening round.Willard had to go to the hospital after the fight. Despite being outweighed by 60 pounds and 5 inch shorter, Dempsey used that aggressiveness and that primal desire that separates the good from the great. Anyone can learn or be programmed to react but that killer instinct your born with.

When Dempsey was knocked out of the ring against Luis Firpo he climbed back in with the help of reporters and end up knocking out Firpo. When he was ask what he was thinking he said he didn't even remember it. Thats what I'm talking about. Having such a desire to win that your throw all that which seems logical out the window to do what you have to do. Some of you may not agree with me and you don't have to but from what I have seen there is a diffenrence in being a natural fighter and one who works at it just to grasp a thread of whats all involved.

I see no reason to draw the conclusion that trait is inherited. It could easily be mindset.

-Frank Zappa

Originally Posted by Woden
    I see no reason to draw the conclusion that trait is inherited. It could easily be mindset.
    Perhaps but look at a pitbull, contray to popular belief the dog is geneticaly predispostion to be willing to fight to the death.

1000 plus, reps returned

MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Perhaps but look at a pitbull, contray to popular belief the dog is geneticaly predispostion to be willing to fight to the death.
    i agree that some people are just natural born killers, but with proper training, that stuff can be taught. Its all phycological. We all have that killer instinct inside of us, we just have to bring it out.

Originally Posted by MilitaryMan
    i agree that some people are just natural born killers, but with proper training, that stuff can be taught. Its all phycological. We all have that killer instinct inside of us, we just have to bring it out.
    I don't know about all of us. I think for the most part you are right. The military is a prime example of training people to kill based on stimuli but, there all people in the military who excel at it as well.

1000 plus, reps returned

It has also been bred for high levels of aggression. All humans have this mindset, like the guy above said, it just needs to be brought out.

-Frank Zappa

TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDW586 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I pretty much agree, good post.

I just feel you didn't emphasize enough how ****ing scary a fight can be. Flame away and call me a pussy all you want, someone bigger than you coming at you with the intent to make you bleed is ****ing frightening.

Also, I feel the need to lay out here something I know you agree with me on, Deadgame. The difference between "fighting" and "self-defense".

Anyone can learn self-defense. Self-defense is mainly awareness, verbal de-escalation techniques, and common sense, plus a few simple, dirty techniques to get you out of a bad situation. Mainly, techniques to get someone off you so you can run away or, failing that, get help. Self-defense is nearly all striking, gouging and biting, no submissions or control holds or take-downs or any of that. Those are fighting techniques.

Fighting is standing there and trying to beat them. Fighting is not reactive, fighting is offensive. Fighting can be striking, grappling, whatever works.

But what works for fighting is not necessarily right for self-defense.

Fighting is winning. Self-defense is simply surviving.

Originally Posted by TDW586

I just feel you didn't emphasize enough how ****ing scary a fight can be. Flame away and call me a pussy all you want, someone bigger than you coming at you with the intent to make you bleed is ****ing frightening.
    Mike Tyson use to cry like a baby before his fights. I have never been in a fight I thought wow this is great.Fighting sucks and if anyone tells you they love it they are lying...they love the glory.

1000 plus, reps returned

Originally Posted by LatsMakeTheMan
    Ooops

1000 plus, reps returned

LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I didn't notice the red blocks before.
    Ooops
    In 1945, Adolf Hilter died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied, "I am responsible for the massacre of millions" Satan said, "well done, sit to the right of my throne." In 1953, Joseph Stalin died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied "I killed millions to stay in power" Satan said "good, sit to my left" 2010, Ronnie James Dio died and went to Hell, Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" Dio replied, "Bitch, get the fuk off my throne!"

Originally Posted by TDW586

I agree 100%......it's always scary.

But I always think of the quote from Rocky V (yea I know everyone hates Rocky V) where he tells Tommy Gunn "fear is what keeps you sharp." If it weren't for the fear, you couldn't win a fight. The fear is what causes the adrenaline surge, and allows you to react quickly and decisively.

Originally Posted by LatsMakeTheMan
    I agree 100%......it's always scary.

But I always think of the quote from Rocky V (yea I know everyone hates Rocky V) where he tells Tommy Gunn "fear is what keeps you sharp." If it weren't for the fear, you couldn't win a fight. The fear is what causes the adrenaline surge, and allows you to react quickly and decisively.
    Tommy Morrison is a very special guy.

1000 plus, reps returned