vascularing defination Newbtime's Avatar
    Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Question DEADLIFT & SQUAT routines

Ok,heres the deal,I've been wanting to start the Coan Deadlift rountine.( http://www.ontariostrongman.ca/Resou...nphildead.html ) But after my squat workout today i relised how pathetic my squat is compaired to my deadlift.(335 squat, 405+ deadlift easyily)I decided i wanted to go on a squat routine also.( http://www.powerpage.net/coansquat.html ) Both seem very high volume routines,So my question is this,Do you think it would be ok to go one these routines at the same time?And if so,how far should i space them apart? i.e
    deadlift routine monday squat routine Friday.

Thanks -

Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    water water everywhere so lets all have a drink

judge a pig contest? but im no super genius...

or are I?

Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

you want ot do both routines at once??i have no idea what you post????

nevermind. NO do not do both at once. they were made to peak one lift at a time(like Smolov for the squat).
    [url]www.bodybuilding-fitness.de[/url]

Bavarian Iron

It does not amaze me that I won. It amazes me that I won effortlessly.

DONT PM ME. ASK IN THREAD(UNLESS IMPORTANT)

Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cool

Originally Posted by Pridg01
    you want ot do both routines at once??i have no idea what you post????

nevermind. NO do not do both at once. they were made to peak one lift at a time(like Smolov for the squat).
    Thats what i thought,but i also,if there were spaced apart well...i figured it could happen.

-

Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Oldtime
    Thats what i thought,but i also,if there were spaced apart well...i figured it could happen.

-

well, do one routine first-see if you like or not, and go from there. hope this helps.

good night.

Bavarian Iron

Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000)
    Actually, Pridge is incorrect. Those routines work together well and and peak both lifts for a meet. Why would you want to peak one lift and not both if you are preparing for a meet? There are 2 Coan squat routines on that page- one is an "off season" routine, another is a meet peaking cycle. They use the same squat variations but one is done raw with lighter weight and higher reps and the meet one is done with gear and lower reps, and heavier weight.

I've been doing the deadlift and meet peaking cycles together before every meet for the last 2 years. I've set a squat PR at every meet and have done better on my 3lift meet dead attempts each time as well. (My meet dead PR was set at a push pull) The off season squat combined with the deadlift routine might be a little too much volume though so you might want to try the meet routine.

The reason I like doing both at the same time is the deadlift day pretty much covers all your assistance for the week, while the squat day is primarily squats and some lighter assistance.

Take heed to the recommendation on the page that the single at the end of the routine is not a max- if you try and target a max both routines will kill you before you get to the end. I usually target 15-20lbs under my meet PR as the top single.

I have this laid out in an excel sheet, you plug in your target and it sets up the entire cycle.

Originally Posted by Pridg01
    well, do one routine first-see if you like or not, and go from there. hope this helps.

good night.
    Danimal, read this post again.

i did not see the other offseason-season routines. only the Coan Deadlift and Squat.

besides, they are not on the same basis as a Sheiko,3x3,Westside routine. they are only made to peak before a meet. this is what you use it for.

good night again.

by the way, Oldtime has not use this routine YET. so , it is up to him really.

Bavarian Iron

Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000)
    On the squat page, scroll down to the bottom, you see the meet cycle.

I understand what you are saying about trying one then the other and that can be done. The original question asked by Oldtime was could he do both at the same time, and you said not to and that they were designed to peak one lift at a time. I'm saying that from my experience of using both at the same time for the last 2 years, it can be done. I'm old and can do it. Surely a younger guy can handle it as well. Both routines are really simple peaking cycles that lifters have made gains on for a long time.

Smile

Originally Posted by Danimal
    On the squat page, scroll down to the bottom, you see the meet cycle.

I understand what you are saying about trying one then the other and that can be done. The original question asked by Oldtime was could he do both at the same time, and you said not to and that they were designed to peak one lift at a time. I'm saying that from my experience of using both at the same time for the last 2 years, it can be done. I'm old and can do it. Surely a younger guy can handle it as well. Both routines are really simple peaking cycles that lifters have made gains on for a long time.
    Well,if you have done it for two years,i see no reason not to try them both at the same time,ill go on the meet peaking squat routine,and the deadlift routine,any advice as to spreading the days apart?Thanks

-

I squat Mondays and deadlift Thursdays. That way I get about the same rest between each workout.

ok. i look at the both routines. yes you can do both. i personally do not like the squat routine though....very confusing

offtopic-these routines should be used once a year. they are made to peak BEFORE A MEET.

Danimal, give me a idea of how you are using both of these workouts at the same time.

Oldtime, i still suggest you do one first to see if you like it or not. that way you can go on from there (hopefully).

Bavarian Iron

Pridge it's not too difficult. Here's a typical week for me- note that over the last 2 years I've made some changes to suit my needs- a little lower on the volume and some work to address my lockout, so this isn't exactly the routine as written. I did use it as written for several cycles before making any changes.

Monday- Squat
    Squat 1 set, 1 to 5 reps, suit bottoms or straps up and wraps depending on the week
    High box squat- add 50lbs to squat weight and do same reps, 1 set, suit bottoms and wraps
    Pause squat- take away about 90 lbs from squat weight and do same reps, 1 set. raw, sometimes wraps if I'm going over 350 or so.
    No other assistance.

Thursday- Deadlift
    Sumo Deads (suit bottoms, straps up late in the cycle) work up to the top weight for that week as calculated by the routine for a single or double depending on where I am in the cycle.
    Sumo Block Pull- ((suit bottoms) the plates sit on blocks, like a rack pull but I can use my sumo stance) same weight as the top deadlift weight, 2 sets of 3-5 reps
    Speed deads- conventional stance, raw, 3 to 5 sets of 3, weight calculated by routine
    Good Morning 2-3 sets of 5 usually 295/315/365
    Shrugs 3 sets of 5 same weight as the speed deads, I super set them- when I finish a speed set, I rep out a set of shrugs before I sit the bar down.
    BB Row 3 sets of 5, usually 295-315, I will switch to lat pulls later in the cycle to save my back.

You can see, I do virtually nothing but squat, high box squat (for lockout and to feel heavier weight) and pause squat (to build explosive power in the hole) on squat day. Then dead day has a lot of the assistance that covers both lifts.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Danimal
    Pridge it's not too difficult. Here's a typical week for me- note that over the last 2 years I've made some changes to suit my needs- a little lower on the volume and some work to address my lockout, so this isn't exactly the routine as written. I did use it as written for several cycles before making any changes.

Monday- Squat
    Squat 1 set, 1 to 5 reps, suit bottoms or straps up and wraps depending on the week
    High box squat- add 50lbs to squat weight and do same reps, 1 set, suit bottoms and wraps
    Pause squat- take away about 90 lbs from squat weight and do same reps, 1 set. raw, sometimes wraps if I'm going over 350 or so.
    No other assistance.

Thursday- Deadlift
    Sumo Deads (suit bottoms, straps up late in the cycle) work up to the top weight for that week as calculated by the routine for a single or double depending on where I am in the cycle.
    Sumo Block Pull- ((suit bottoms) the plates sit on blocks, like a rack pull but I can use my sumo stance) same weight as the top deadlift weight, 2 sets of 3-5 reps
    Speed deads- conventional stance, raw, 3 to 5 sets of 3, weight calculated by routine
    Good Morning 2-3 sets of 5 usually 295/315/365
    Shrugs 3 sets of 5 same weight as the speed deads, I super set them- when I finish a speed set, I rep out a set of shrugs before I sit the bar down.
    BB Row 3 sets of 5, usually 295-315, I will switch to lat pulls later in the cycle to save my back.

You can see, I do virtually nothing but squat, high box squat (for lockout and to feel heavier weight) and pause squat (to build explosive power in the hole) on squat day. Then dead day has a lot of the assistance that covers both lifts.

ok. i see it now. a little similar to Westside, but not much. why do you do deadlift on Thursday instead of Friday? i am just wondering. do you also bench?

Bavarian Iron

I deadlift Thursday to allow more recovery time for squats on Monday- 3 full days. It also gives me some flexibility in my schedule, sometimes I have to DL on Friday and then I can still squat Monday, depending on where I am in the cycle.

Yes, I bench, Sunday is my heavy day where I also hit lats and traps, and Wednesday I do declines and light shoulders/ triceps.

PitzaPapa is on a distinguished road. (+10) PitzaPapa is on a distinguished road. (+10) PitzaPapa is on a distinguished road. (+10) PitzaPapa is on a distinguished road. (+10) PitzaPapa is on a distinguished road. (+10) PitzaPapa is on a distinguished road. (+10) PitzaPapa is on a distinguished road. (+10) PitzaPapa is on a distinguished road. (+10) PitzaPapa is on a distinguished road. (+10) PitzaPapa is on a distinguished road. (+10) PitzaPapa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    since your on the sauce do both up at same time fo rill
    Pitza: i gotta take a dump and lift soon, all alone. damn training partner.

Asianman: nothing beats taking a dump with a training partner

Asianman: good timessssss

Pitza: LOLOL NICE BURN

TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PitzaPapa View Post
    since your on the sauce do both up at same time fo rill
    Been quite a few 4+ year bumps lately.....
    There is no such thing as 'strong enough'

Sexual Tyrannosaurus ftwrestler's Avatar
    ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    im no power lifter but i do squats 2 days a week and deadlifts once and my number have been shooting up life a rocket.

5x5=win

mon-squat

wed- dead

sat-squat

i also do leg press everyday

Originally Posted by TrettinR View Post
    oh snap

PitzaPapa is on a distinguished road. (+10) PitzaPapa is on a distinguished road. (+10) PitzaPapa is on a distinguished road. (+10) PitzaPapa is on a distinguished road. (+10) PitzaPapa is on a distinguished road. (+10) PitzaPapa is on a distinguished road. (+10) PitzaPapa is on a distinguished road. (+10) PitzaPapa is on a distinguished road. (+10) PitzaPapa is on a distinguished road. (+10) PitzaPapa is on a distinguished road. (+10) PitzaPapa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TrettinR View Post
    just trying to fit in...
    Pitza: i gotta take a dump and lift soon, all alone. damn training partner.

Asianman: nothing beats taking a dump with a training partner

Asianman: good timessssss

Pitza: LOLOL NICE BURN

Jeremy90 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeremy90 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeremy90 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeremy90 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeremy90 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeremy90 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeremy90 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeremy90 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeremy90 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeremy90 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeremy90 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ftwrestler View Post
    im no power lifter but i do squats 2 days a week and deadlifts once and my number have been shooting up life a rocket.

5x5=win

mon-squat

wed- dead

sat-squat

i also do leg press everyday

oh snap
    Why do you Leg Press everyday?
    The ‘Stopped Misc’in after I graduated High School, but that was 7 years ago so now I’m back’ Crew