Kobrakicksit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Fat burning workouts

Well, my gf seems to think she needs to lose some weight, so yeah the reason for this topic is because i would like to know some specific workouts that will target the stomach and legs mostly, something besides sit ups and stuff, so if theres a post on this or something or if someone feels like telling me some exercises, it would be appreciated.

ive got a diet planned out for her, i just need some exercises and im set.
    Bench- 175x5
    squat- 285x5
    curls- 45x5
    military press- 165x3

wow, im pretty weak eh?

frodo is on a distinguished road. (+10) frodo is on a distinguished road. (+10) frodo is on a distinguished road. (+10) frodo is on a distinguished road. (+10) frodo is on a distinguished road. (+10) frodo is on a distinguished road. (+10) frodo is on a distinguished road. (+10) frodo is on a distinguished road. (+10) frodo is on a distinguished road. (+10) frodo is on a distinguished road. (+10) frodo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    they don't really "burn fat" but they gain muscle.... you burn fat while building muscle, cardio = fat loss excersize.
    Cutting
    --------
    SEPT'04 PEAKED:312LBS
    FEB'05 LOW: 218
    RESTART MARCH 5 09: 297 LBS

well yeah, fat loss is what i meant, so i guess stick to a treadmill and and some crunches and push ups then?
    Bench- 175x5
    squat- 285x5
    curls- 45x5
    military press- 165x3

wow, im pretty weak eh?

monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You can't spot reduce fat from specific areas of the body. She will have to drop her overall body fat percentage to get the figure she wants. Some weight training will help to preserve muscle mass while eating less than maintainence calories (the number of calories needed to stay at the same weight) will cause her to lose weight.

So, you should calculate her RMR, then reduce by 15%. She should lose about 1lb a week with no loss of muscle. Some interval training (google HIIT)helps to rev up the metabolism and keep it high for the rest of the day.

nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by monkeydan
    you should calculate her RMR, then reduce by 15%. She should lose about 1lb a week with no loss of muscle. Some interval training (google HIIT)helps to rev up the metabolism and keep it high for the rest of the day.
    RMR is the amount of calories your body uses if you are sedentary (i.e. you don't get out of bed all day). Reducing that by 15% AND adding cardio to the mix is definately doing to result in muscle loss. Maybe it was a typo and you meant BMR, which is the amount of calories you burn doing your typical daily activities.

My advice is that girls should train just like a guy. It's just hard to convince some girls to do it.

monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yep - thanks Nithos I did mean BMR. So include the average exercise calories for the week in this figure as well.

Cheers for the correction - I doubt kobrakicksit wants his girl to end up as a skeleton!

haha oh yes, she wants WANTS to be a skeleton im like ewww lol, well ill see what i can do, thanks for the help
    Bench- 175x5
    squat- 285x5
    curls- 45x5
    military press- 165x3

wow, im pretty weak eh?

fromyesterday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fromyesterday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fromyesterday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fromyesterday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My girlfriend is the same way. Weighing in at around 110 lbs and being nearly six feet tall...give me a break woman!

She eats junk food, drinks a bunch of soda, etc..so I just tell her "well..you're not overweight or anything, but if you want to bring your % down by 1..eat healthy for a month or two and see what happens".

I dont know what your g/f eats/drinks..but maybe just cutting soda and adding water would give her what she wants to end up with?

Don't let her become a skeleton!

well take a look at this meal plan and workout i have for her and tell me what you think and what i should tweak...

Breakfast

Bagel
    1 cup soy milk

Lunch

Salad containing:

Lettuce
    3 broccolis
    2 cauliflowers
    2 cherry tomatoes (little round tomatoes)
    1 celery stick
    NON-FAT SALAD DRESSING (your choice)

Dinner
    1 chicken breast
    Bowl of lettuce
    Water for a drink

NO RICE, NOODLES, BEANS, CHEESE, OR FRUIT

DRINK ONLY WATER!!!!!!!!!!! No soy milk after breakfast and NO NO NO JUICE!!!!!!

922 calories 61 carbs =D

Workouts

Sitting in class all day will be = to burning 427 calories
    Weight train for 35 min. will burn 256 calories
    Running for 45 minutes will burn 380 calories

This amounts to:

1063-922 = 114 calories burnt per day = 507 calories burnt per week

3500 calories = 1 lb you will be eating 2437 which is less WAY less than a pound

i did use a calorie chart and calculator...and a BMR calc and a calorie burning calc...
    Bench- 175x5
    squat- 285x5
    curls- 45x5
    military press- 165x3

wow, im pretty weak eh?

s2kinteg916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2kinteg916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2kinteg916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2kinteg916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2kinteg916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2kinteg916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2kinteg916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2kinteg916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2kinteg916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2kinteg916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2kinteg916 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    damn u letting her starve or what...

haha thats why i asked...
    Bench- 175x5
    squat- 285x5
    curls- 45x5
    military press- 165x3

wow, im pretty weak eh?

kbickham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kbickham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kbickham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kbickham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kbickham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kbickham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kbickham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kbickham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kbickham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kbickham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kbickham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by monkeydan
    You can't spot reduce fat from specific areas of the body. She will have to drop her overall body fat percentage to get the figure she wants. Some weight training will help to preserve muscle mass while eating less than maintainence calories (the number of calories needed to stay at the same weight) will cause her to lose weight.

So, you should calculate her RMR, then reduce by 15%. She should lose about 1lb a week with no loss of muscle. Some interval training (google HIIT)helps to rev up the metabolism and keep it high for the rest of the day.
    to the spot reducing thing..DEFINENTLY true, however strengthing certain muscles can cause the skin to tighten and appear less flabby (ie. with training your lower abs and the effect on the appearence of fat on the inner thigh)
    ------------------------------
    Siam Star Muay Thai
    NDBJJ
    ------------------------------