Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

dan_ny is on a distinguished road. (+10)

"Clear American" water

Hey guys,

I am obviously new here, so let me quickly introduce myself before I go any further. I am 6', 27, around 235-240lbs (so obviously I have some serious weight issues), and want to do something about it, as long as I can fit it in my very busy schedule.

One of my first questions is my choice of water. I used to drink a lot of soda, and about 3 years ago, I switched to "Clear American" sparkling flavored water. They advertise 0 calories, 0mg sodium, 0 carbs, 0 sugars and 0 proteins, and it is pretty cheap. I usually drink between 1 - 2 bottles a day, but I am starting to wonder if it really is doing any good, as it almost sounds like it is too good to be true. I did a search and did not find an answer to this question so hopefully you guys can help me out.

Since I used to bike many miles a day, and was in great shape (until I got married lol), I want to use my stationary exercise bike. The bike also has handles which are connected to the pedals, so I could use drive it with just my arms (much harder tho). Will JUST this piece of equipment help me lose some weight? How long would the daily sessions have to be until they actually 'count' (i.e. a 15 minute session probably won't do much good)? My bike came with a trip computer, which also can show the amounts of calories I burnt, is this even close to being accurate or should I just ignore it? Thanks guys!

Stats: 6'2", 268 lbs
    BodyPoints: 19539
    nithos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nithos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nithos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nithos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nithos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nithos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nithos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nithos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nithos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nithos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nithos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit nithos's BodySpace
    Cardio only will lead to the scales dropping, but your bf will not drop as much as you expect. This leads to a lighter version of you at nearly the same body fat.

At 6'1 and 235, I never felt I had serious weight issues just a little softer than I wanted. What's your bf%?

dan_ny is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I honestly don't know what my BF is, and I don't have the tools or knowledge to take correct measurements (I quickly looked up all the methods of doing this), but I am sure it is pretty high, it almost looks like I have a beer belly, and I don't drink! I hope your response means that drinking this water doesn't add to the problem like soda does.

ZekeXX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZekeXX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZekeXX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZekeXX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZekeXX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZekeXX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZekeXX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZekeXX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZekeXX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZekeXX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZekeXX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    OK. First you need to set up a good diet plan. 6 small well balanced meals a day, with the total for calories being around 2000.As for you cardio, if you're not doing any weight lifting you ought to aim for a 45 minute session 3-4 days out of the week. Then if you want to go the extra mile you could join a gym and try lifting some weights. IF you want some help on a diet plan or anything else just PM me.

REPS appreciated if you found this helpful.